We know Russia doesnt have the most determined players, yet is Finland that legit to beat them? Given thier goaltending, guess theyd have a chance against any.

Does anyone else find Brian Engblom painful? He has is nose so far up Canada's ass. God forbid today if a Canadian player took a good clean hard hit.

Lol @ Russia not even medaling and holy fuck, that Latvian goalie stood on his head against Canada. He faced like 60 shots or something.

Yeah and dealt with lots of net traffic in the process. The guy was totally gassed near the end...quite the performance indeed.

We know Russia doesnt have the most determined players, yet is Finland that legit to beat them? Given thier goaltending, guess theyd have a chance against any.

I don't get why people won't get just how good/dangerous the Finns are. If the Swedes don't show propper respect...

Russia - Sweden - Canada

UA, you are welcome to start a new thread for discussion of the political dimension to the Games, but in this one let's keep it to the competition, OK?

I don't get why people won't get just how good/dangerous the Finns are. If the Swedes don't show propper respect...

Russia - Sweden - Canada

Dont get me wrong, i get how good they can be. Especially w Rask in net. I of course see him all time being a Bruins fan. Was just comparing them to Russia, other medal contenders etc. Obviously theyre legit, i just havnt seen them enough in this tourney.

^
Not if Swedens play like they did the first period against Slovenia. Not even for 5 min. The Finns would be all over that.
Shame but, I'm not impressed with Sweden this far.

It's about what type of game it's going to be.
If the swedes can slow the finns down and get the game like they want it - they should win. And they have done it before.
But if the finns get to play their fast, smart hockey - this swedish team is in trubble.

The finns took canada to overtime. They kicked russia out.
WATCH OUT!
But the swedes are talking like they got this.

Then why is Krow's comment about "shitty punk rock" still there?

There I saved them the trouble, so wipe those tears?

I've been sporadically watching the games and I was watching some ski jump thing and a lot of guys were falling on their landings. The snow looked very wet and dirt and grass clumps were everywhere. Has that been par for the course? Seemed like it was making the best in the world look fairly bad at what they were doing.

How about them Canadian girls coming back to win against the USA. Marie-Phillip Poulin is big time clutch when it counts. 2 straight 2 goal games in gold medal games at the olympics.

I agree with anyone who says that was not a penalty on that breakaway when Wickenheiser fell. It was a tough call. But it is what it is. I still go back to that ref getting tangled up and the puck hitting the post. If that went it that game was over.

I know something that the US girls are better at than Canada's...-CHOKING DOWN THE BIG ONE! WTF was that?

Seriously, two great teams way ahead of all the rest. Amazing comeback and finish to this one. In no way that Ref should have been in that position to tangle up the play, luckily and maybe justifiably for Canada it hit the post on the long clear. Wouldve been game over, sealed US win at that point.

I know something that the US girls are better at than Canada's...-CHOKING DOWN THE BIG ONE! WTF was that?

Seriously, two great teams way ahead of all the rest. Amazing comeback and finish to this one. In no way that Ref should have been in that position to tangle up the play, luckily and maybe justifiably for Canada it hit the post on the long clear. Wouldve been game over, sealed US win at that point.

Yeah, I'll tell you what though, If that puck would of went it there would of been a mad shitstorm lol...

And I'm pretty sure I screamed louder than when Crosby scored the golden goal in Vancouver. FUCKING Love Marie-Phillip Poulin!