Sweden will play the 1/4finals with the winner of SVN-AUT so they basically have a free way up to the semifinals. Czechs will play against SVK and the winner goes to 1/4finals against USA. Russia has to win over Norway to get to the 1/4finals.

It's in czech but you get the idea:

Screenshot%202014-02-16%2020.38.26.png

Sweden is the only team that feels sure to make it to the Semis, barring a major facepalm fuck up like against Belarus in '02.

My guess is that the quarters will be Russia - Finland, Canada - Switzerland and USA - CR, with the first team in each pairing being the favourite but the other team having a good chance to upset the other like has happened so many times before. Lots of good hockey ahead.

I haven't really had time to watch any of the hockey games but I've been paying close attention to the media surrounding them. They were talking on the radio today about how boring the hockey tournament has been due to so many teams using the trap/delay and just sucking in general. They even said Russia and Canada were trapping. They said Canada was trying to trap against Norway. What the fuck is up with that? So much for talent and depth....Babcock has no fucking clue what he's doing.

I haven't really had time to watch any of the hockey games but I've been paying close attention to the media surrounding them. They were talking on the radio today about how boring the hockey tournament has been due to so many teams using the trap/delay and just sucking in general. They even said Russia and Canada were trapping. They said Canada was trying to trap against Norway. What the fuck is up with that? So much for talent and depth....Babcock has no fucking clue what he's doing.

I don't think that's true, Canada certainly hasn't done that, they're D has been amazing which is a big reason why we're even where we are at lol.

I've seen Russia do it, but I don't get them, they don't mix up lines or nothing, they just throw guys over the boards and hope something happens, a boring system they are using.

I've seen Russia do it, but I don't get them, they don't mix up lines or nothing, they just throw guys over the boards and hope something happens, a boring system they are using.

Well they beat Norway today atleast, which was expected. And Radulov stopped being the overrated big game big league choke artist he is and finally scored some points as well. Russia is winning games but I don't expect them to go much further. It seems they still have a lot of problems. But I could be wrong you never know, I'm not one for predictions. Just my gut feeling.

Babcock finally put Kunitz and Crosby back together after dumping Kunitz on the fourth line. Going from the first line to the last line would affect any player's confidence it doesn't matter who they are or what team. Even a team like Canada where everyone is basically a star, it would get to you. I don't know why he want's to juggle the lines that much. Maybe a tweek here or there but jesus.

Czechs are beating Slovakia 3-0 in the first already. So I'm sure Onder is happy.

Glad im finally off from work tmrrw...nice day of "live" Hockey. No more dvr'n games that i already find results for anyway lol.

So how's everyones Olympics going? Hockey is above all of course. Ive lost interest in Curling after being totally hooked on it last Olympics. Havnt followed speed skating like i use to. I like the snow board track racing shit but can do without all the other "dude stoked belongs in the Xgames" crap! The traditional skiing- downhill, super G, combined events etc is the bomb for me.

This is a very very short article written by Mark Madden who is a popular sports radio personality in Pittsburgh. He's an asshole but I often find myself in agreement with his hockey related opinions. This article sums up briefly my view of the men's hockey tourney so far.

WAKE ME WHEN IT'S OVER

This is a very very short article written by Mark Madden who is a popular sports radio personality in Pittsburgh. He's an asshole but I often find myself in agreement with his hockey related opinions. This article sums up briefly my view of the men's hockey tourney so far.

WAKE ME WHEN IT'S OVER

If it's the same Mark Madden who does a wrestling column for Wrestlezone.com then yeah the guy is an asshole.

The assholes that bought the olympic TV rights in my little shit country won't show the FIN - RUS or the US - Czech match.
Dear I hope they show the maybe US - CAN game? No I don't.
I have to pay. Fuck that.
Fuck the olympics.

Sweden fucked Slovenia 5-0 apparently. I was away but now I'll probably watch the Russia - Finland game.

All the other games are pretty much decided already. Canada / USA will be one semifinal.

Russia is overrated imo, sure they have OV, Malkin, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk but their team is really thin behind them.

Time to pat myself on the back. Not only was Russia thin, none of their stars outside of Datsyuk did anything noteworthy in this tournament.

Sweden is in the curling final once again! :)