Alexi's vocals.

Elysian893 said:
oh i'm sorry how could i be so insensitive. you start by smoking 2 packs a day and drinking at least a 12 pack every night. then you suck a lot of janne cock, and viola, you have alexi's shitty voice.

What's going on with all the cock sucking these days?

BloodyScalpel said:
just as you did to alexi's cock
uhh, dude seriously i wasn't going to say anything until i read this. Did you NOT fucking read what the guy said? Stay on topic . And if you think by that comment he sucks Alexi's cock...then it is safe to say you pretty much suck Elysian's and Gavin's cock and the same time.

as for the vocals..

Practice singing clean for atleast 30 min.. Having a piano nearby is a must, after 5 months i went up an octave and had more control of my voice.
before working on your growling/grinding you really should practice singing clean, it's a good warm up.

You should also try drinking a whisky or voodka shot before starting.. or hell lemon juice works too. The whole drinking/smoking thing wont really help you that much, sure it would help you in a few years.. but what you really are doing is fucking up your voice. But it's important to get all that goo out, if you're a heavy drinker / smoker you should really do it everytime you start singing.

Also make sure that you are using your stomach while growling, it might be hard for some people but if you dont want to fuck up your voice take my advice.

Firen said:
uhh, dude seriously i wasn't going to say anything until i read this. Did you NOT fucking read what the guy said? Stay on topic . And if you think by that comment he sucks Alexi's cock...then it is safe to say you pretty much suck Elysian's and Gavin's cock and the same time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been saying this for month's now... Its amazing how many people will bend over for them.

Well said, Firen.

Firen said:
1) I did read what the guy said, and it was stupid
2) There's no topic
3) It's not just by that comment, he's one of the most annoying fanbois around smartass
4) I'm the active. At least on mondays, tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays.

im trying to figure this vocals out
something in between alexi and anders from in flames

i can manage it a bit but i need distortion and it rips my throat out. i have to try to get used to it

That's why you have to growl from your abdomen going over your diaphragm, not from your throat.
It's pretty much like real singing, except in clean singing the air passes through the diaphragm freely. And it takes some feeling for it, some talent if you will.

Heavenscent said:
That's why you have to growl from your abdomen going over your diaphragm, not from your throat.
It's pretty much like real singing, except in clean singing the air passes through the diaphragm freely. And it takes some feeling for it, some talent if you will.

oh yeah of course man. it takes getting used to, and some people just have it, some people don't. i'm just trying the best that i can. i know i dont have alot of talent, especially when it comes to vocals..anyway you can only try

Thanks for the link corn_off_the_cob.

And Anders of In Flames if another perfect example of the type of sound I'm going for.

Zeratul said:
I tried searching, but got nothing on this:

How does someone sing like Alexi does. What do you do with your throat/diaphragh, etc, and what are some ways to minimise the damage to yourself when you do it?
Simple, he doesn't sing.