Am I the only one here who likes Are You Dead Yet?

The Bringer said:
The reason why I don't like the album:

There is a huge difference between European metal and American metal. Since I had begun to listen to extreme metal I had always perfered the Euro sound over the American sound. In Flames, Nightwish, Hypocrisy and Children of Bodom (this is back in 2001/2002). The music was great because it was liking NOTHING I had heard before in Canada. While pop music was being influenced by rap in America the Euro scene would take none of it. Since I couldn't stand rap (still can't) it was not what I wanted. I wanted the aggression and speed of Hatebreeder and the sadness and beauty of Century Child.

Children of Bodom lead the way for me. The music showed me that it didn't need to have popular influences to be absolutely killer music. Solos were fucking cool and never went out of style (or even went away, people say solos disappeared from music. They just disappeared from pop music on TV). But with each release you could see the progression change. Follow the reaper followed a more death metal feel, HCDR was more of a thrashy Slayer feel and AYDY with a more Pantera type American metal feel. And with me it is progressively worse because it is not the sound that I PERSONALLY want to hear. So what do I do? I listen to other music and past releases. Just not AYDY.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is metalcore or has metalcore elements. I don't think it does at all. The solos are still there and blazing away, they sould great too. I love the solos in Not Gonna Fall. But the influences are easily seen from bands like Lamb of God, Slayer and Pantera (I don't like any of those bands). The lyrical content has changed from songs about death and the grim reaper to songs about drinking and getting beat up. This is not what I want to hear, so I don't listen to it as much anymore.

The best way to sum it up is that over all, it is a good album for what it is. I think Children of Bodom will always be the best of whatever genre they cross over too. Alexi is just a very talented musician along with Roope, Janne and the rest. There is no way they would let the talent level slip. The problem is that the genre they are crossing into is a much lower technical level. Not as many riffs, instrumental parts, solos are not as important as melody, etc.

You pwn.

Thank you thousand... but why to sobstitute the "o" with a "p"? I could have never got the point...thanks!

So was it almost the same to tell "You said something that I agree with"? I thought...

Hey, thank you so much... I'm watchin' the page where the link rendered me... very useful!
Now I hope I'll learn something more... Kiitos! :)

But, at this point, to tell that word to someone has a negative sense, not good at all! :p
I thought so wrong... my intuition failed, argh!

┼Victim of the Night┼ said:
Hey, thank you so much... I'm watchin' the page where the link rendered me... very useful!
Now I hope I'll learn something more... Kiitos! :)

But, at this point, to tell that word to someone has a negative sense, not good at all! :p
I thought so wrong... my intuition failed, argh!

You still have much to learn about the intricate working of the internets, young grasshopper.

The Bringer said:
AYDY with a more Pantera type American metal feel.

Please ;_; for the love of god dont use AYDY and Pantera in the same sentence.. I beg of yoU!

Rock Hydra said:
You still have much to learn about the intricate working of the internets, young grasshopper.

Grasshopper? Why right this animal? :confused: Anyway...I had to go to search the meaning of this word on my dictionary, cause I was afraid it was an offence...
But I've read that it's just a "cavalletta" (italian translation of grasshopper)... fiuuuuu!

┼Victim of the Night┼ said:
Grasshopper? Why right this animal? :confused: Anyway...I had to go to search the meaning of this word on my dictionary, cause I was afraid it was an offence...
But I've read that it's just a "cavalletta" (italian translation of grasshopper)... fiuuuuu!

Hmm...it would translate literally to something like this:

"You have a lot to learn about the internet (and it's slang), inexperienced one"

Rock Hydra said:
Hmm...it would translate literally to something like this:

"You have a lot to learn about the internet (and it's slang), inexperienced one"

Oooh, alright: you cleared up the mess, thanks!
Now everything assumes a different "face"... :)
Well, stop bothering you, now... I'm going away, so thanks again, my "teacher"! Bye...

<-Warheart-> said:
Awww, why does everyone keep confusing her. :erk:

Hi Warheart... :) but are you joking or what?
I never understand if someone makes a fool of me... I have a costant feeling that someone only makes a fool of me, here... :rolleyes: while I just would like to talk about CoB like to everyone else is allowed to do...
But now (with joy of many people, I think) I really leave this place, for the moment.
Bye to all of you...

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532; said:
I never understand if someone makes a fool of me... I have a costant feeling that someone only makes a fool of me, here... :rolleyes: while I just would like to talk about CoB like to everyone else is allowed to do...
But now (with joy of many people, I think) I really leave this place, for the moment.
Bye to all of you...

No I wasn't joking but it seems there's so much internet slang used that you often get confused as to what it all means, I feel sorry for you. :erk:

But yeah, you'll pick it up soon enough, just don't turn into one of those idiots that think it's cool to sit and "pwn n00bs". :kickass:

&#9532;Victim of the Night&#9532; said:
Bye to all of you...

Well, I don't know if you're going to read this, but...nobody is trying to make a fool of you. You just need to learn how to be able to interpret people, and that will come with time. But if you truly are insecure about peoples opinions, the internet is not somewhere you want to be, as it will tear at you.

Rock Hydra said:
Well, I don't know if you're going to read this, but...nobody is trying to make a fool of you. You just need to learn how to be able to interpret people, and that will come with time. But if you truly are insecure about peoples opinions, the internet is not somewhere you want to be, as it will tear at you.

I don't like Internet, to be honest... I am here just to talk about CoB, cause I really appreciate so much their music....
And Internet won't never tear me, that's for sure: I'm very strong in the real life, Rock Hydra (and for this I wish I would and should have been born male, sometimes, believe me)... ;)
It's just that the different language is too often a barrier to get over, sometimes.... but, with time, I'll learn... as you said.
Thank you... and thanks to some of you other guys.
Bye... I really go now! (argh...it was the third time I said it!)

Bringer:.......woah......+16289390349

Victim of the Night: Most message boards get boring after a while, but it's so much fun talking about Alexi/Bodom that this site never gets boring.