Anders best vocal performance?

Didn't Sundin write Whoracle's lyrics? If so he stole from himself.

Anders sorta had the concept and I think Niklas put it on paper (partially due Anders not being as proficient at english at the time). And Niklas also wrote the lyrics for Shadow Duet, so yeah he robbed himself. what a prick!

yeah, by that I mean Niklas! Yep, Anders thought of an idea, conjured a concept, then Niklas wrote it down.
Niklas is a self-robbing thief ^^

EDIT:
Hey, wait a second. I think Mikael wrote the lyrics for Lunar Strain, and Shadow Duet is a Dark Tranquillity song on Skydancer, so in essence, didn't Niklas ripoff Mikael then? I thought Mikael wrote the lyrics... wait a second, I remember Mikael saying that Niklas wrote the old DT lyrics back in the day, and then Mikael started doing them, and then Niklas wrote "Inside the Particle Storm" on Fiction... So, I guess Niklas ripped off himself then.

he probably contributed somewhere along the line, whether or not he's credited.
Although the lyrics on Lunar Strain are not in the Dark Tranquility style. Still, some bits in Upon An Oaken Throne and one or two others sound sort of DT-ish.

Niklas stole from Mikael, you got pwned. He didn't just contribute, he wrote the whole shebang. In your face :D

Lunar Strain:
Album Details
Recorded in Studio Fredman, autumn-winter 1993.

All music by: Jesper Strömblad and Glenn Ljungström, except "Hårgalåten" traditional.
All lyrics by: Mikael Stanne.

i lol'd at Mikael writing all the lyrics as a "session" member. How pathetic :lol:

And how did Niklas steal from Mikael? :erk:

He just re-used that passage in The Hive

i think the lyrics on the jester race are hands down their best, just check out the first verse on artifacts of the black rain...
THAT'S why this band used to flat out kick ass:worship:

The only problem was Anders in my opinion, he didn't show any emotion while growling. :erk:
You know, that's a bloody good point. Take Moonshield, it's such a sad song, but there's no emotion in the vocals. All the emotion is portrayed through the guitars, which isn't really a bad thing to be honest.

Oh, I messed up bigtime last night, hahaha.
What I was trying to say was that Mikael Stanne wrote all the lyrics for Lunar Strain, which is correct, but I was mixing shit up about the lyric borrowing stuff.
So, Mikael wrote the lyrics to Lunar Strain, Niklas borrowed some lyrics from Shadow Duet and placed them in The Hive :D

The reason I said "lol pwnt" was 'cause some people said that Mikael didn't write the lyrics for Lunar Strain, or it at least sounded like that.
Swedish people + Night + Forum = fucked up posts

Yeah dude i agree and i think thats most peoples general opinion on his old vocals. He probably didn't even know what the fuck they meant at the time haha

Haha yeah, especially on the album Skydancer by Dark tranquillity, alot of lyrics while Anders just growled it without any hint of emotion, i'm not saying that you should put all your emotions into your growls but Anders sounded emotionless (if that's an word). Also take his clean vocals on some songs on The jester race or Whoracle for example: just talked, not even sang, those clean vocals didn't even sound interesting and enthousiast.

I listened to Artifacts today and concur, there's no emotion in those lyrics. There's a bit in the title song, but that's really it. He seems to have gone from one extreme then to another now (too much emotion?)