Anders best vocal performance?

Yesterday at metaltown, gothenburg. Amazing! Sometimes he growled through a whole verse or line.

Yesterday at metaltown, gothenburg. Amazing! Sometimes he growled through a whole verse or line.

:lol: :lol:

''WOW HE GROWLED, HE RULES MAN, HE CAN GROWL!''
other hardcore kid: OMG KICKS ASS!!11'' IN FLAMES RULES, ANDERS GROWLS LIKE A FUCKING BEAST!!1''

Remeber, Anders used to growl alot.

Right, so you're seriously impressed he managed to growl a few sentences?

Yes I am it was fantastic! he was way more energetic than the last time I saw them. Leave me alone i though it was so fucking great this time ;D;D

And without any emotion as well. The dude isn't exactly one of the best growlers.

I'm sorry to piss anyone off but why the fuck did In flames wanted Anders as vocalist? that guy used to be so emotionless, his growls sounded dry and forced plus he couldn't even hold it for long before he started to suck, more.

edit; growling is something alot people can, he couldn't even sing, not saying that you should have talent to be in a band but COME ON! His vocals weren't exciting or something, he just (probably) did it cause he couldn't sing, while his growls weren't special either.

Yes I am it was fantastic! he was way more energetic than the last time I saw them. Leave me alone i though it was so fucking great this time ;D;D

Not meaning to rip on you dude, if you saw them and thought they were great then cool! However, I don't think it's neccassarily a good thing that you had to point out that Anders could growl a sentence :D

I'm seeing them in october so we'll see. Shame most of these growls will seemingly be wasted on everything post-2000.

I'm sorry to piss anyone off but why the fuck did In flames wanted Anders as vocalist? that guy used to be so emotionless, his growls sounded dry and forced plus he couldn't even hold it for long before he started to suck, more.

edit; growling is something alot people can, he couldn't even sing, not saying that you should have talent to be in a band but COME ON! His vocals weren't exciting or something, he just (probably) did it cause he couldn't sing, while his growls weren't special either.

Anders was good during Whoracle, and amazing during Colony/Clayman. His vocals may not be what they were but I think he earned his place in the band from 1997 - 2002 for sure. He's also a good frontman, far superior at making a show interesting than 'superior' vocalists like Speed of Soilwork (fucking boring live).

far superior at making a show interesting than 'superior' vocalists like Speed of Soilwork (fucking boring live).

I saw soilwork last night at metaltown aswell. It was good but kinda boring. Not that Speed was bad, but the "between song speach wasn't good. He didn't make the crowd go nuts either but I guess it was okay. Ola frenning was replaced by a french guy or something:D

Anders was good during Whoracle, and amazing during Colony/Clayman. His vocals may not be what they were but I think he earned his place in the band from 1997 - 2002 for sure. He's also a good frontman, far superior at making a show interesting than 'superior' vocalists like Speed of Soilwork (fucking boring live).

He used to be an average vocalist, his an pretty good frontman indeed, though his voice makes me realy nervous

I like Henke Forss's vocals on 'Subterranean' a lot, and when they switched to Anders it was definitely a step down... for a while. I mean, just compare the two versions of 'Dead Eternity'. However, once 'Colony' came around, I think Anders started to kick ass, and that's definitely my favorite performance on his part. Even the clean vocal parts are fine. But his screams were something else, like high snarls or something, rather strange sounding, but bad-ass.

:lol: :lol:

''WOW HE GROWLED, HE RULES MAN, HE CAN GROWL!''
other hardcore kid: OMG KICKS ASS!!11'' IN FLAMES RULES, ANDERS GROWLS LIKE A FUCKING BEAST!!1''

Remeber, Anders used to growl alot.
No offense metalkickass, but you said EXACTLY the same thing when ASOP was released. You were freaking out over the massive 2 or 3 growls Anders did during Drenched In Fear and Marched To The Shore. Check it out:

metalkicksass said:
Drenched in fear: an good song after 8 years (in my opinion most new songs are decent or boring, this is an exception ) catchy riffs, catchy lyrics and GROWLSSSSSSSSSSS

@Metalkicksass:
"You'll recieve what you give"

I saw IF at Metaltown aswell, it was good. Not OMFGAMAZING, but good! I love that they played Ordinary Story & Colony. A bit too much ASOP aswell, they could've skipped I'm the Highway and Move Through me. They seriously played like 6 ASOP songs.

I agree with metalkicksass, at the time Anders wasn't the best so i'm not quiet sure why they wanted him. His voice was way too rough and pretty much had the same tone all the time. He did improve slightly on Whoracle but it still wasn't the greatest (See Worlds within the Margin, his voice just reminds me of Gravel).

However on Colony he definately stepped up his game and sounded great i think, unfortunately this is really the only album where he puts in a great vocal performance.

I like Henke Forss's vocals on 'Subterranean' a lot, and when they switched to Anders it was definitely a step down... for a while. I mean, just compare the two versions of 'Dead Eternity'.

That other version of Dead Eternity was sung by Jocke Göthberg, who's the singer for Dimension Zero. Not Henke Forss.

No offense metalkickass, but you said EXACTLY the same thing when ASOP was released. You were freaking out over the massive 2 or 3 growls Anders did during Drenched In Fear and Marched To The Shore. Check it out:

yep, however; as you might saw my opinion has changed over the few weeks, the growls are the only decent thing about it, yet the album is boring, same goes for the retarded lyrics.

edit: yeah i was happy that Anders growled, but his best performance ever when he growled some sentences? fuck no!