Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Haha. All behold, Tumn the mighty judge of the avator.

I am curious about how you might attack or enjoy the song I posted yesterday still Tumn. Got any opinions or do you generally try to avoid the song posts. I think it's a pretty worthy check! I've got no bad feedback so far:p

No_reply... Interesting new pic.

Ah I see. Understandable. I tend to listen through the pain for some reason.. Masochist at heart I guess. I try to help even though I know most people are not cut out for the job.
However I'll say I know my shit, so my post of music is listenable I would hope!

Anywho

Ah I see. Understandable. I tend to listen through the pain for some reason.. Masochist at heart I guess. I try to help even though I know most people are not cut out for the job.
However I'll say I know my shit, so my post of music is listenable I would hope!

Anywho

hehe thanx dude...well I was trying to check yer stuff up´but for some reason I was not able to get it open ...what type of file it is? I have winrar and shit..

Strangely enough it aint whispering at all...it's louder than my speaking voice.. I also do death vocals in a band and there it's also louder, and at our first gig it was loud too :err: Btw I pasted my vocals onto the karaoke version, because you couldnt hear much of the music on the original track with the vocals

Anyhow, here is a comparision:
http://media.putfile.com/comparision

Any help is good..

I heard the comparison, I guess you're not going as quiet as it sounds. My guess is you're relying too much on your throat to create the sound. Remember the growl is supposed to be basically a modification of your real voice... You have to use your gut, and your speaking/singing voice, not just shove air through your throat. It sounds like you're not giving it enough "umph". My friend who is trying to learn vocals is having that exact same problem.

Edit : Fuck I double posted again! Damnit!

i've been checking this "how to growl" thread a lot, really helpful and encouraging for begginers. so i registered today.
anyway just wanted to say i heard your vocals delta_storm. really good!
though the quality is kinda bad..so the guitar and vocals sound mixed up a bit..but its good. i got better just from singing along my MP3 player while walking outside..but lol usualy i wont do it because people are around, and will think i am being possessed or something. blah... keep on growling people :kickass:

Fuck other people! I used to be a bit worried to do it out loud but eventually I said fuck it, and to me it feels so normal to do it that I'm not embarrassed to let the people know I like the idea of armageddon with loud roars. Fuck their opinions, I've got my own opinion to worry about.

Heh, I'll be in the Dutch Growling Championships come june. I can't actually growl all that good, I'm mostly in for the lolz, but it should be good fun anyway.

There is a growling championship? haha. Thats fucking awesome. Is there anyway to hear the contestants or do they have a website or anything? I'd like to check it out.

You could listen to it on a webradio last year, might well be the case again this year.

I can do growls and screams for like 2-3 hours or more and my throat does not hurt afterwards, it will just feel really dry and my voice will sound kinda scratchy when I talk. Does this happen to anybody else?

yeah it does happen to me as well..am but something's going on with my chest/stomach, lately i've been feeling an unbearable pain anytime I growl

yeah it does happen to me as well..am but something's going on with my chest/stomach, lately i've been feeling an unbearable pain anytime I growl

An unbearable pain? If you're getting pain you seriously need to rework your technique. It is pretty much a fact that no matter how awesome someone is this style music will cause some damage. Some singers work with it or whatever, but if you are actually hurting from it you are doing sometihng wrong and need to stop. If you cause a sort of hemorrhage or something you can lose your voice. Many vocalists (of many genres even) have lost their voice by trying to push through the pain. Pain is an indicator.

Well since everyone else have done it so why should not I? :p I recorded a cover on Buried By the Dead earlier today and well it kinda sucks but you will get a idea about how my growl sounds like :p I've been growling for about a month so Im still learning. I know that I mumble in some places and that I start a bit to late sometimes but I cba to rerecord it :p And sometimes the sound is fucked so it sounds like Im talking but I guess that that have to do with my mic (a 20 dollar headset) :p Give me some nice feedback on what is bad and what is good because I want to improve. Sorry for the bad English.

Edit: Bah I removed it because it sucked ass I will make a new one some day^^

I have decided to do Eaten for the growling championship, it's slow enough to give me enough breath, I suck at controlling my breathing, so a quicker song's undoable for me. :p

Good thing I'm in it only for the lols, not like I'm planning on becoming a professional growler or anything. :p