Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

since every1 is posting their growls , i should post mine
i have no idea if its good or not , but my friends say its pretty nice
its also Calculating the Apocalypse so u can compare with Delta Storm
hope u like it :)
http://media.putfile.com/Calculating-the-apocalypse
its pretty short since its wav and i didnt want to upload like 50mb

please, if that was real, just quit now. even my first day wasnt as bad as that.

growling is mostly using your diaphram, but you have to use your throat and mouth to distort the sound. just focus on getting a real good pitch/sound, then push it out with your diaphram(force your stomache in a little). its important to experiment, because your pitch will not sound the same as your throat, you just have to find a balance. im not sure if theirs a proper way to pig squeal though, i have to force that out of my throat to get a good brutal squeal.

also, if your having problems with endurance, i suggest finding your liquid of choice. without water, beer, etc, your throats probably going to dry up anywhere from 5-15 minutes later.

most growlers use some of the following:

milk
beer
whisky
water
honey, before the show (dead serious)

i prefer whisky myself, after 200-300ML you start not thinking about is as much, especially with a crowd (if u by chance get there).

PS: if you start coughing after a few minutes, you probably need to use more diaphram.

Dude I've got about all the body hair I can grow! I've got the happy trail and a little bit on the chest. I'm growing my hair back out, it used to be down to my upper chest area. And Ive got a goatee going. As for fat, thats hard for me, I weigh 192 right now, its really difficult for me to gain weight. Sorry I dont look metal enough lol. But you liked the vocals then?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18821588
Video of me performing a song with my band at our practice on Sunday. I'm on vocals obviously. More screams than growls in this one, but its one of my favorites of ours. Let me know whatcha think.

Your vocals remind me of a particular vocalist I cannot put my name on right now. I'm not a real huge fan of your high pitch style personally but I think your growl sounds pretty decent. At times the overall band sounds a little hardcore-ish but still fairly solid for a starting band, well done

Thanks dude. I'm still working out on how I want to do my high pitches. I really like black metal so some parts like in the beginning I was going for the more raspy screamy vox, and the rest of the screams I was just trying to go all out lol. I know what you mean about the hard-corish sound, its especially evident in the beginning, the drummer wanted it like that. But yea, thanks a lot man.