Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Every time I see their band picture I cringe. There's nothing special about that music at all. Rehash SOTS riffs and weak, simple breakdowns.

It's for commercial, happy go lucky bands like All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage and the likes...

man ..I know for a fact, that you actually like those bands.....please save your words because you're just being an hypocrite ....

Oh really? I did dig some Shadows Fall around the first couple albums...but the others...not at all. Please assure me though that I like those bands...I am so desperate to find out why I don't know about this???

hahaha well i don't know if you should argue that, he does have an overwhelming amount of evidence :loco:hahaha:lol:, and seriously, im sure a lot of us have heard it before or listened to it, i know it was what i listened to just before i got into heavier stuff, but i mean come on haha, its very plain, its nothing really special and like flal said, no soul, its pretty much kid stuff, or starter metal, its gets you into heavier stuff, im sure no one on here is looking forward to the next atreyu album to come out haha:lol:

I used to listen to Our Lady Peace when I was in grade 5. lol. Pretty hard to live that one down! I made good progress thank Oden. You can't attack your music roots, not a whole lot of people start listening to Death Metal at age 4 and stick with it for life. Probably 90% of the people on this forum have listened to some pretty fucked up shit, but here we fuckin' are \m/.

/End flame war

Well I won't lie...my gateway bands was stuff like Marilyn Manson, KMFDM, NIN, Slipknot, Mudvayne around 99-00 then, it got me into Cradle, Dimmu, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Shadows Fall, In Flames...etc...then forward from there.

hahaha well i don't know if you should argue that, he does have an overwhelming amount of evidence :loco:hahaha:lol:, and seriously, im sure a lot of us have heard it before or listened to it, i know it was what i listened to just before i got into heavier stuff, but i mean come on haha, its very plain, its nothing really special and like flal said, no soul, its pretty much kid stuff, or starter metal, its gets you into heavier stuff, im sure no one on here is looking forward to the next atreyu album to come out haha:lol:

Well I have heard that crap before...otherwise I wouldn't include it. It's one thing to go around calling bands lame and shitty, but if you never even heard them and go along with everyone then you're just a loser.

Shit I started with power metal but once i entered my brothers room and there's a Seab Bliss disk (hungarian black metal band) and after that i got into more black stuff. Once one of my friends told me that i should listen to Dark Tranquility if i like heavy music, so i listened to it and it was cooler than these blacky shit, so after that i got into melodic death like In Flames,Dark Tranquility,Soilwork etc. :D so it's a strange start i think :rofl:

seems like a strange start, i started on system of a down actually, then i really got into metallica(old metallica) and megadeath, really a lot of 80's stuff, then i was kinda into stuff like killswitch engage and lamb of god and trivium, then i heard opeth and it opened up a lot of doors for a lot of progressive and death metal bands, and eventually black metal followed, first with dragonlord and old man's child, then with nattefrost, carpathian forest, baothry emperor and stuff, so i guess i had a pretty standard start, i still love some of the first stuff i got into though

Shit I started with power metal but once i entered my brothers room and there's a Seab Bliss disk (hungarian black metal band) and after that i got into more black stuff. Once one of my friends told me that i should listen to Dark Tranquility if i like heavy music, so i listened to it and it was cooler than these blacky shit, so after that i got into melodic death like In Flames,Dark Tranquility,Soilwork etc. :D so it's a strange start i think :rofl:

I really liked Sear Bliss when they were on Red Stream...haven't followed them much lately.

I still enjoy System of a Down's first two albums, I think everything after them is crap though. And on the note of growling, I've been working on building my wind for longer screams by doing jumping jacks while growling the ABC's. Seems like its working, at band practice today I had a few screams that were noticeably longer than usual.