Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

I have a feeling that Im losing my growl. I dont get a soar throat when I growl but I think that my growl is getting worse. Even if I dont get a soar throat can i still damage my vocalchords?

I dont know how much a Euro is, but my brother and I got the mic off of ebay for 100 US dollars, we split it so I payed 50, he payed 50. I dont know if I am going to spend money on all that stuff unless I find other uses for it besides the forum lol.

haha, depends if you're into sound or if you think you can make good home recordings for you or your band, with the SSL duende mini I think you're in good hands for demos, their software is really really good.

I dunno check the currency on the internet, but 100 dollars is an excellent price, that's less than 100 euros so the prices really went down.

who are top3 growlers here?
delta scav and gore? delta u really should post here your uber growls imo

I used to post every once in a while. I did a couple of covers but quality was odd and kind of off. If I posted something now I wouldn't know where to start, I changed my technique's around quite a lot and I have about 8 or 9 styles of growls/screams I play with. Even picked up Dani Filth style shrieks just to see if I could haha. I was thinking about posting something here a few weeks ago but never did. If I get time (which rarely I get, especially during summer)we'll see. This time something solid that didn't need to diminish vocal sound to match the lo-fi quality of the music. haha.

I have a feeling that Im losing my growl. I dont get a soar throat when I growl but I think that my growl is getting worse. Even if I dont get a soar throat can i still damage my vocalchords?

dunno man, maybe you fucked them up so much you ain't feeling anything haha

don't think so, that happen to me a few times, but then it came back better than ever, so I don't think it's about damaging, it's like going to a gym man, you gotta be careful, if you do something wrong you might end up having one tit bigger than the other..

dunno man, maybe you fucked them up so much you ain't feeling anything haha

don't think so, that happen to me a few times, but then it came back better than ever, so I don't think it's about damaging, it's like going to a gym man, you gotta be careful, if you do something wrong you might end up having one tit bigger than the other..

I tried some growls yesterday and it sounded fine again so I guess it's cool :) .

Ok, it's giving the German guy tips time again. I need to work on my breathing, I use up the air I have too quickly so if I have to growl a halfway long line my performance is kind of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.............. know what I mean? :D Any tricks you guys use? Or excercises?

@ schwanzelot, something I found mildy helpful was doing jumping jacks while growling the abc's, and holding the final z as long as I could. In fact I should probably start doing that again..

@ Gore, no lol nobody walked in on that (luckily). Sorry, I still need to pay for xbox live, I havent played since my free month ran out. If I get a TV in my room anytime soon I'll probably play almost every night... I'll see if I can use my brother's he's hardly ever home anymore anyway.

Wow nobody's posted in a while. Get growling ppl! We (my band) recorded a song last week, we're getting much better at recording. Whenever the guitarist gets done mixing it and makes a disc me or the drummer will upload it to our myspace, and I will share it with all of you.
Also, not really on the growling topic, but I think I am finally getting a decent clean singing voice.

Okey dokey, the newly recorded song is uploaded. Its nowhere near perfect, for one thing the guitarist isnt the greatest at mixing, we definately need to with him next time a mixing is done. Also, the Beta 58a mic isnt the best vocal recording mic for me, my screams are rather gurgly and it mostly picks up the loudest parts of the resonance so my screams dont sound so awesome with it. But it sounds good for being recorded in a basement, link is in my sig, song is called Breeding the Beast.

Heard the new song mr.Taco. I'm not sure if it's just the music accompanying but your vocals sound better on your webcam stuff than the recorded stuff. haha. I can see what you mean by bad mixing though, the sound levels are pretty fucked, especially the vocal transitions from screams to growls. Pronounciation is also particularly bad on that song, which has always been a pretty important thing to me. Well not always, some cases if it sounds awesome enough I don't care. Anywho, I think you're a pretty decent vocalist overall but that song did not really show it off very well. But I definitely get the pains of basement recordings, it's not a fun process learning about that stuff.

Something I still say (that some death metal fans don't seem to agree with) is that deepest does not = best... People forget to work with their optimal range and to me it sounds muffled and unintelligible when they try go out of that range. Not sure if that the case with this recording or not but I personally find that I can hit uber-low notes but I sound much better going lower-midrange. Of course I might be rambling at this point:S.

Oh random question. On your myspace it lists a second vocalist, but I've yet to hear anything about or from this mystery member. What's up with that?

Slap your mixer guy around a bit by the way! :p