Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

oh ya that definitely helps.
and ya i guess its not so much of a growl as a more raspy voice, but does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve that in ways that wont damage my health? i dont smoke and plan on never smoking. also im underage so ill have to wait a little bit for the jack daniels...

I'm not into that kind of singing so I wouldn't know, the only thing that is certain is that every singer in the world needs to breath in and keep as much air as possible in the chest, keeping the diaphragm up and filled using the stomach to push the air out.

In growling you just have to shape the sounds with your throat, mouth and tongue, barely using the vocal chords.

I have finally gotten sick of doing cover songs and turning down the music so people can hear me lol. I have a partnership with some guys now that have made a pretty cool song. I have dubbed it 'The Christian Conditions'

Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty badass, its kind of hard to discern the main parts cause of all the background vox, and the dual tracking could be done better. I like it though. I love it when you say Come to Me. Thats brutal.

Yeah I'm not so good at the mixing part but I did my best. Death metal doesn't need to be deciferable in the first place right? :)
however I did try and get alot of enunciating in there. Glad you liked it sir

Yeah I'm not so good at the mixing part but I did my best. Death metal doesn't need to be deciferable in the first place right? :)
however I did try and get alot of enunciating in there. Glad you liked it sir

nice highs and great lows but bad mixing:cool:

I need one of you guys here to help me with it :p
But also I have one of those "User Friendly" programs so technically I can only do so much.. I think.

oh ya that definitely helps.
and ya i guess its not so much of a growl as a more raspy voice, but does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve that in ways that wont damage my health? i dont smoke and plan on never smoking. also im underage so ill have to wait a little bit for the jack daniels...

i'm 16 and that doesn't stop me :p

the raspy voice, shrieks and hardcore vocs is usually easier than low growls at that age unless you have a really deep tone naturally.

not for me. i was able to do it after a few tries. but then again, i have a deep voice and i pick up things (musically) pretty fast. my screams took forever for me to master

I have finally gotten sick of doing cover songs and turning down the music so people can hear me lol. I have a partnership with some guys now that have made a pretty cool song. I have dubbed it 'The Christian Conditions'

Hope you all enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZoFw2-rMRU

Love your lows, the highs not as much but they are still good.

One of the top voices here at the forum. How old are you?

I need one of you guys here to help me with it :p
But also I have one of those "User Friendly" programs so technically I can only do so much.. I think.

You mean one of those I listed?

The Sony ones are user friendly but the sound quality is shitznit. You can tell by my recordings haha.

I use the program I got with my line6 toneport called 'Live Wire'

Just so you know I have decided that this will be the rough draft. After the excitement wore down (that I actually had my own track) I started hearing where improvement could be seen greatly. I might even get rid of the dual tracking but as some people here have said, I need more variety in my growling. Still undecided though, what do you guys think?

Age doesn't have anything to do with it I don't think, but I am 18 soon to be 19.

Get rid of the dual tracking yeah, use it for some rare parts only, but it needs to be less divided, maybe it's the program and the mixing, but singing the line the exact same way 2 times using highs vs lows helps more, and you might need to tone the 2 lines down a tad so it doesn't stand out too much from the rest of the mix.

Age has/can have a lot to do, and in your case there's a lot of time to improve, the older you get your voice should be getting lower.