Another "How to properly growl..." thread.

Ahh I see. Condenser mic it is then :p I don't really need a handheld mic right now since I'm just recording some tunes with a friend and we don't have a drummer to jam with :p so good quality recording is more important righ not :)

good choice. also, make sure that the room that you record in is very quite because condenser mics pick up almost every sound. oh and make sure that you get a poofy cover for it cuz it's very bad if spit gets inside of it

I'm probably going to buy an SM58 as a Christmas present,expecially 'cause my shitty mic is 3\4 broken.

In the last weeks of growling I noticed that I sound MUCH better if I put a -huh- 65-75% of power instead of the 85-90% I used to put.
This goes expecially for the very low growls and for the high growls.

Yes,tonight I fucking love numbers.

Here's "I Will Kill You" from a little practice session I did a few days ago.
Not my best,probably,but it's not that far.
Keep the volume low: expecially at the starting my broken mic will annoy you.

Ah,yes,the first growls are a bit "unsure" (when the volume is low I feel uncomfortable.)

http://www.2shared.com/file/4516466/2f515684/I_Will_Kill_You.html

EDIT: if the download doesn't start,click on "Save file to your pc". It's down,on the right.

:erk:

i dont really like those growls. they seem to be coming frmo your throat and not from your diaphram

sad to hear that...Well,my throath doesn't hurt for sure,I can do 20 times the same song without hurting myself...

I'll try to use more my diaphragm,even though I think I'm using it enough

I think your growls sound pretty cool, but I agree with swedishmetalrules, they seem to be coming from your throat.