As a metal fan, what other genres do you like that is not heavy metal?

Metalcore is metal.

In my opinion it isn't. I don't consider any crossovers between metal and other genres of music to be considered true metal. In this instance, metalcore is a crossover between hardcore punk and metal. And nu-metal is a crossover between hip hop/rap and metal.

Anyone like Mike Patton?

Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Faith No More.

Disco Volante is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I love nearly all music to some extent. The exceptions being gospel and most country. But even a couple country tunes hold my interest. I still love Devil went down to georgia. That song is a classic. I don't care for R&B much either

I love classical, though I don't own any albums. I just listen to the classical metal station when working (driving). I love it because it has no commercials. Rich white people donate for the public radio station. :)

Jazz station. no commercials. Did I mention I hate commercials? I can't stand corporate radio. commercials irritate me in a way I can't describe. The Jazz station is also the university station. They play weird stuff on the weekends though.

Pop. I started out listening to pop when I was a kid. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper. I still listen to some 80's pop, and some of the new stuff isn't bad.

Rap/hip-hop. Never been heavy into this genre. I loved Cypress Hill. Cock the Hammer is a great song. I mostly only like the hybrids that use guitar riffs. I need guitars, what can I say. Beastie Boys are cool as well.

Rock/Hard Rock- I imagine these genres are still around. Sometimes I just lump it in with pop, since you hear it on the radio. Some bands like Styx can be lumped into this category or the next category

Classic Rock- Led Zeppelin mostly. Deep Purple, that kind of stuff. boston, etc

not too much electronic stuff for me- I only like that Prodigy- Smack my Bitch up. never got into anything else.

Anyone like Mike Patton?

Disco Volante is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I prefer the first album. Not a big Patton/Bungle/FNM/SC3 fan but they certainly have some good stuff. I've heard just about everything these groups have done... literally. My friend is the biggest Patton/Spurance junkie in the world... so I've heard it all.
I've actually got a bunch of Bungle/FNM bootlegs if you are interesting in trading.

Whatever genre you'd classify Dead Can Dance as, I like it. At least I like the Dead Can Dance part of that genre.

There's some pretty good underground hip-hop in the form of Necro, Jedi Mind Tricks, Outerspace, and so on. It's almost hard to say it because it gets shat on for being hip-hop, and understandably so. But at least it's good shit.

Celtic/old Greek music is great as well. Daemonia Nymphe being a prime example.

And that's that for my opinionated list of good stuff that isn't metal.

Anyone like Mike Patton?

Also Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, General Patton vs The Executioners and a bunch of other collaborations he's done are all quality.

And yeah, Disco Volante is one of my all time faves as well.