Bands Like Katatonia

I think the majority of Tool fans like Tool because...it's Tool. I think it's the biggest band ever that I never seen anyone talk into much detail about them...meaning like non-metal lovers of the band or whatever. Still good for Tool, they do deserve what they have...but Katatonia deserves that more!

The Bloc Party:)

/\

It's so cold in this house
Open mouth swallowing us
The children staying home from school
Will not stop crying

And I know that you're busy too
I know that you care
You got your finger on the pulse
You got your eyes everywhere
And it hurts all the time when you don't return my calls
And you haven't got the time to remember how it was

I can't eat, I can't sleep
I can't sleep, I can't dream
An aversion to light
Got a fear of the ocean

Like drinking poison, like eating glass

Come and show me how it was

We've got crosses on our eyes
Been walking into the walls again
Been walking into the furniture
For richer, for poorer, for better, for worse
We've been walking into the furniture

love that song.

Speaking of bands who sound like Katatonia,

My band Rainshadow has just completed recording our debut full length album and to celebrate we have put two new songs up on the myspace, 'Frost Bite' and 'Darker Dawn'.

Fans of Katatonia and modern Paradise Lost might enjoy them- er, in a melancholic way.

Thanks to the-great-cold-distance for his uploading prowess ;)

You guys aren't crazy, a few songs off TGCD totally have Tool-esque moments. I've had friends that are strangers ask me if I was actually listening to Tool haha.

My band Rainshadow has just completed recording our debut full length album and to celebrate we have put two new songs up on the myspace, 'Frost Bite' and 'Darker Dawn'.

Fans of Katatonia and modern Paradise Lost might enjoy them- er, in a melancholic way.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!Man this is da shit!!Good luck with the shows and the album,I must have one for myself...

Love your band name...sounds like its right up my alley, ill check it out

i think Good Charlotte holds a lot of musical similarities to Katatonia

dodgy.gif

Don't remember if I mentioned them before in this thread, I think I did actually, but I'll do it again:
EARLY DAY MINERS

I'm totally encapsuled by their album "Offshore" recently. It's a short album unfortunately, some 37 minutes, but oh so beautiful, soooo emotional, sooooo subtle, sooooooo atmospheric! It keeps me coming back for more.

The sounds bears obvious similarities to Katatonia, Jonas' vocals would fit them perfectly! And vice versa. Subtle evoking guitartones, keyboard soundscapes that make you drift away, warm bass playing. Simple, but incredibly subtle and effective drums rhythms all add up to this beautiful journey. It's one of those albums you must listen lying down with your eyes closed and your headphones on and just drift away... hmmmmmm....

You MUST try and get hold of some samples of this album, you cannot afford to miss it, I tell you!

There's one song ("Sans Revival") from the album on their myspace: www.myspace.com/earlydayminersband

Try and find the song "Return of the Native", there is no way any Katatonia fan will not be moved to tears by it.