Bands Like Katatonia

You guys arent understanding this...
Life Depraved called Pantera a bunch of drunken rednecks and I was sticking up for them because they still are one of my favorite bands.
But sticking up for Pantera on a Katatonia forum was my first mistake because no one will take my side. Whatever,
.......pantera was the first band that got me into metal, so they are special to me, thats all

Is there a place where I can download the whole Monokromia album/demo? I don't know what to think of their music judging from these songs (beside the fact they are obviously a 1:1 rip off :p).

Yup. Tool dominates(even though 10.000 days had some filler). There's an annoying current trend of prog snobs and elitist faggots bashing them, and being a prog fan myself, i can safely say that Tool shits on most prog bands, imo they are far from being as good as Rush or King Crimson, but still a great, great band.
A Perfect Circle is another influence, and i hear a lot of similarities...like spacey Cure-esque guitars, tight hard rocking riffs, atmospheric guitar leads, passionate vocals, personal lyrics, etc.

Yup. Tool dominates(even though 10.000 days had some filler). There's an annoying current trend of prog snobs and elitist faggots bashing them, and being a prog fan myself, i can safely say that Tool shits on most prog bands, imo they are far from being as good as Rush or King Crimson, but still a great, great band.
A Perfect Circle is another influence, and i hear a lot of similarities...like spacey Cure-esque guitars, tight hard rocking riffs, atmospheric guitar leads, passionate vocals, personal lyrics, etc.

I actually think 10,000 days is brilliant from start to finish.. Oh well, to each his own... Yeah I used to be wayyyy into prog... Dream Theater, Symphony X... To me 'prog' is being too compartmentalized... Rapid guitar solos, cheesy lyrics, high pitched operatic vocals, being ultra technical for no reason whatsoever... i think the genre should have a broader meaning except for making every measure a different time signature... Tool does this... bands like Opeth, pain of salvation, even newer katatonia are redefining 'prog' as we know it... who knows before long prog wont be a shameful name in the metal genre :headbang:

I actually think 10,000 days is brilliant from start to finish.. Oh well, to each his own... Yeah I used to be wayyyy into prog... Dream Theater, Symphony X... To me 'prog' is being too compartmentalized... Rapid guitar solos, cheesy lyrics, high pitched operatic vocals, being ultra technical for no reason whatsoever... i think the genre should have a broader meaning except for making every measure a different time signature... Tool does this... bands like Opeth, pain of salvation, even newer katatonia are redefining 'prog' as we know it... who knows before long prog wont be a shameful name in the metal genre :headbang:

lol i actually fucking hate happy go lucky nerdy prog metal wankery like Shitphony x, as well as old prog nonsense...it all sounds the fucking same, with a few exceptions. Emotion & good songwriting are essencial to create good music. period.

I put special emphasis on Jonas Renske and Fredrik Norrman's side project "October Tide here". The album "Rain Without End" is Renske's magnum opus as far as i'm concerened. Their 2nd and final album "Grey Dawn" is good too, but a bit harsher, not nearly as great and Rain Without End.
If you detest Katatonia's old stuff like Dance of December Souls, and Brave murder day, then don't bother with October tide. But if you DO like their older stuff, then you will find some real treasures here. Good luck trying to get a copy. Those that have one very rarely put them on ebay. I paid almost $100 for my copy a couple years ago. There are some places online where you can pay to download it.