Bands Like Katatonia

yes daimonion as u said all bands take from each othere and honeslty i dont like to say on band rip off coz sure this ppl tired to transfer something
and u guyz didnt ask ur selfs one thing !
katatonia have one really hard thing to rip off
to transfer the sadness from their harmonies !
thats what i see in monokromioa those guyz did it really u can feel them from their songs too even its like katatonia !

like some bands try to act to be sad and it dosnt work with them like H.I.M and bands like them its totally stuiped commercial
u can ripp off anything expect real feelings !

yes daimonion as u said all bands take from each othere and honeslty i dont like to say on band rip off coz sure this ppl tired to transfer something
and u guyz didnt ask ur selfs one thing !
katatonia have one really hard thing to rip off
to transfer the sadness from their harmonies !
thats what i see in monokromioa those guyz did it really u can feel them from their songs too even its like katatonia !

like some bands try to act to be sad and it dosnt work with them like H.I.M and bands like them its totally stuiped commercial
u can ripp off anything expect real feelings !

Where can I find any sample from the album or the whole thing??I listened to the songs in their myspace and production is crap like you said.I would love to hear it with good drums and sound...

they didnt release anything yet even the band said what they add in myspace is just samples not final production
but unfortunately theres nothing now u can download coz i guess they are soon will goin to release their first album soon
but whats make me worry its self producing album which mean production maybe it will not be that much great but hope we can listen to it nicely

by the way i found a way to contact with their founder in facebook.com !

hey hankala, thanks man:) i have just listened to them.. i was thinking no one can be like katatonia. i still think that no one can be katatonia but now i have a hope to listen something nice as much as them:) i really enjoyed to listen THE URGE!! its a great emotional song!! do u know anyone in this band?? and about production, hmm u could be right... lets give a chance and lets see what monokromia can do;)

i guess they make something that katatonia already left it
and in my opinion when i heard neverblue theres alot of keyboards and piano which katatonia it self dosnt use it much !!

and i guess u guyz this forum talking about someone who like katatonia then why after we found good band like this u came and say its rip off !

even katatonia is name is ripp off hehe they took it from band called catatonia
its Canadian rock band :))

then i dont see its shame if some bands continue something we luv or we miss
:)
Katatonia didn't rip their name off from another band. catatonia is a syndrome and they just changed the c to a k prolly to be more extreme at the time or because they wanted catatonia but it was already taken by a band they don't even listen to. monokromia on the other hand not only know who katatonia is but rip them off in every way imaginable from name, to their font, to their sound. the only difference is monokromia is really not good at all.

how come monokromia is not good at all!!! why don't u like them?? can u be more specific??? don't u like the drum line or guitars or vocals?? or u are just jealous coz u cant play like them hahahha:) what about rip off!!! I'm sure when katatonia started their music life, someone said "this is rip off,katatonia is not good at all" but now they have our hearts. everybody can play same music style but every song has a different mood!! i really liked monokromia. forever support to new musicians who have really talent;)

how come monokromia is not good at all!!! why don't u like them?? can u be more specific??? don't u like the drum line or guitars or vocals?? or u are just jealous coz u cant play like them hahahha:) what about rip off!!! I'm sure when katatonia started their music life, someone said "this is rip off,katatonia is not good at all" but now they have our hearts. everybody can play same music style but every song has a different mood!! i really liked monokromia. forever support to new musicians who have really talent;)
Are you like the president of the Monokromia fanclub, or what?

Well you seem stuck on the talent thing which they don't display any-huge talent. The music itself is pretty simple.

What matters is they aren't original at all, and why should I listen to them if a band already did it, and did it better. If I want to listen to katatonia i'll listen to katatonia. thank you very much.

Anyhow If they decide or even can do their own thing i'll give them a shot.

I'm not like the president of the Monokromia fan club, or something else, dear funny boy:p i just really liked them and i think we should give a shot.. I love Katatonia as much as u do maybe more but it doesn't stop me to listen to other bands. just one more question : have u ever listened to Monokromia?:p

iste soyluyorum: ben Monokromia'yi seviyorum....

Don't remember if I mentioned them before in this thread, I think I did actually, but I'll do it again:
EARLY DAY MINERS

I'm totally encapsuled by their album "Offshore" recently. It's a short album unfortunately, some 37 minutes, but oh so beautiful, soooo emotional, sooooo subtle, sooooooo atmospheric! It keeps me coming back for more.

The sounds bears obvious similarities to Katatonia, Jonas' vocals would fit them perfectly! And vice versa. Subtle evoking guitartones, keyboard soundscapes that make you drift away, warm bass playing. Simple, but incredibly subtle and effective drums rhythms all add up to this beautiful journey. It's one of those albums you must listen lying down with your eyes closed and your headphones on and just drift away... hmmmmmm....

You MUST try and get hold of some samples of this album, you cannot afford to miss it, I tell you!

There's one song ("Sans Revival") from the album on their myspace: www.myspace.com/earlydayminersband

Try and find the song "Return of the Native", there is no way any Katatonia fan will not be moved to tears by it.

I'm sorry you found out about them now, because they were in Utrecht on the 3rd of february! I went there, and I can tell you, they played the full album Offshore (sorry... heh) and it sounded almost exactly the same! They were with seven people on stage so there were like three guitarplayers creating those atmospherical effects and soundscapes. It was really really good. Too bad you had to miss that.

To the rest of the forum:
CHECK THEM OUT

So where can we download that song Neverblue? I can't find it on Metal Hordes either. The other two songs are quite good.
The only I really dislike about them are the lyrics, they are a little too simple and straight forward. They do nothing for me. And indeed, the pronounciation could've been better too.

hi guyz i found some songs in soulseek
theres a guy have 3 songs
1-the urge
2-silence outro
3-doing fine
but its still promo not final release

thanks kalson remi :) if u have finished to download those songs may i download them from you??