best reason to dislike a metal band

What would be your biggest reason for disliking a metal band?

• lack of skill / crappy playing

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • sounding like a copy of another band

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • moving away from their original style in order to gain popularity (selling out)

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • having really goofy experimental parts in what are otherwise good songs

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • can't decide

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • other reason not covered by this list

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters
Those of you who picked lack of skill wouldnt therefore appreciate the simplistic brilliance of Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales ?
Skill != Virtuosity

I think there should be options like 'bad conceptualization' or 'bad implementation'. A band playing atrociously does not necessarily mean that they are not talented musicians. Sometimes it just doesn't click.

poor/repetitive song-writing
bad vocals
bad production/mixing
shitty riffs
boring, oversimplified drumming (I enjoy technical drumming/complex rhythms)
uninspired
uncreative

etc...

I can relate to Selling Out or ripping off the styles of other bands. But in any case, I feel Metal is such a perfect genre that even the lamest band may have something to offer.

Which is why Metal > all other genres.

The reasons I would like to single out without expounding are:
1. Someone in a band having short hair.
2. Keyboards and/or no solos
3. Non-English lyrics (though that wouldn't count as metal at all)

You two are complete fucking morons, nice job.

the best reason overall to dislike a metal band is when they wear makeup and look like homosexuals

Motley Crue owns your fucking soul son, now go SHOUT AT THE DEVAAAAL!!!

...Or Motorhead? Venom? Most black metal? :)

I have only heard motorhead aces of spades and do not think the band was lacking skills and musicianship having crappy playing. A band like motorhead would not fall under something like that.

Well, I wouldn't dislike a band whose music I like. But do dislike bands playing a genre I like (dm, bm, doom) if they play utterly boring music (as is the case with many black metal bands). Also, I have a tendency to stay away from California brutal dm, and brutal dm in general to some extent, even though there are definitely some brutal dm bands I really like.

Bad production (depends on the genre, I usually don't like death metal or thrash metal with a weak production)
Annoying Vocals (Xasthur, Forgotten Tomb, most power metal, lots of brutal death metal vocals)

Really, it is lameness. I guess I mean poorly imitating others. For a non-metal example, I like muse, and a lot of their songs are imitating radiohead. However, they do it better then radiohead did, so its all good. A good metal example is tool and meshuggah. Tool completly ripped off meshuggah several times on their newest album, but it sure sounds awesome when they do, because they do it right. Wheras all those nu-metal bands sounded like absolute shit when they tried to imitate meshuggah. And all those pantera wannabes? My god, I don't even like pantera, but man, bands can sound really bad. Do you see what I'm saying?