BORKNAGAR announces first ever tour of South America

I'm already booking the airplane ticket to Argentina, so I'll be on both shows (Chile and Argentina). I would like to know if there will be some sort of meet & greet, just to say thanx - to get signed my Borknagar cds would be amazing too;)

I'm already booking the airplane ticket to Argentina, so I'll be on both shows (Chile and Argentina). I would like to know if there will be some sort of meet & greet, just to say thanx - to get signed my Borknagar cds would be amazing too;)

Heck I'll kill the guys if they don't sign my stuff :p . I usually just wait after the gig and talk to the band, that's how I've gotten most of my stuff signed.

I'll either be going to Bogotá or Quito, the latter seems the nicer option but the former the most convenient. Ah, decisions, decisions.

And Lars is going too, I'm still in denial. Wheee I'll take my Solefald stuff too!

But how the heck am I going to take my LPs to the gig :p? Heh I've got more Borknagar LPs than CDs….

Sigurðr;9175975 said:

I think "Dark New Age" booked the tour, almost that says in the flyer :p

And YES!...As Allfader says, i want to know if there will be a meet and greet on Chile to prepare my Bork shirts and cds :p

I'm sure we can arrange something like a signing- session or meet and greet he he.
But it seems like we'll be a bit more "protected" in SA then we're used to with bodyguards and all that stuff as the crowd has a reputation for being, well lets say a bit more enthusiastic he he. I ususally just hang out with a beer in the crowd after, so lets see if that's an option

i've been told that also in bogotà people are really "enthusiastic"
a friend of mine lived there 5 years and told me that concerts there are really a big Adventure! both inside and outside the venue....so be careful!

Even if that happens more often on heavy and thrash metal venues, it's sadly true. Still, it depends where you'll play.

If you need a guide in Santiago - maybe for the surroundings of the venue - count with me ;)

I hope I won't miss the chance to meet you just for a few assholes.

Yes, people here is very "enthusiastic" as says lefay82, thats because we live on the ass of the world ( i preffer to call it "Chile" ), so, we dont have many chances to see world class bands every day, so...sometimes they can't handle his happines very well :p...but, they arent dangerous...

You will think I'm exaggerating, but im sure the crowd will make you feel like "Heroes"...remember that.

Just as i said in my last 3 posts :p....I really hope you can arrange a signing session or something like that here on Chile...I will be very happy if i could shake my hands with the band, and im sure that many other fans will be the same.

As i could see on the Flyer...you will have a concert one day before, and one day after, so i know that will be very difficult to have the enough time to do that...but i really hope it.

^ Just wait for the band after the gig :p .

I'm wondering what the set-list will be like, more Universal oriented, or more Vortex-era oriented?

Nice question.....because this is the first...and maybe (i hope not) the only time who will have the chance to see Borknagar in this part of the world...maybe we will see a very long special concert with songs since Borknagar to Universal...including "Origin". :hotjump: hahahaha....I wish that :loco:.

Anyway...we know that Borknagar have some "Classic songs" who have to be played, even being Garm, Vortex or Vintersorg on vocals!!!

But, im really sure that i will be very happy to listening to any song who the band wants to share with us.

What do you mean?

he went to see some really big concerts, like iron maiden and slayer, and a lot of mess happened inside and outside the venue.
when i say mess i mean that the police had to intervene to calm down people...
he told me it was mostly because a lot of people wasn't able to find tickets and wanted to enter the concert equally.
but i repeat, they were really big events, don't want to scare anyone...just say "be careful", i do care about borknagar health since they must do a european tour after the american one :lol:

i've found two videos about the riots:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm....i think thats an extreme example...

Anyway, some bands have been very relaxed, as an example, Korpiklaani played here a few months ago, and they went out to the public, took some pictures with the crowd and there wasnt any kind of problems. In fact!.... them were on the Overkill concert that week, and were quietly watching the show in middle of the crowd.

Is there other thing that you need to know...here, not many people speak english...in fact...as you can see, my english sucks :p...
So many fans will try to say hi or something but they dont know how to do that...you only need to smile and move your hand...so, they will be very happy :)

Mmmm....i think thats an extreme example...

Anyway, some bands have been very relaxed, as an example, Korpiklaani played here a few months ago, and they went out to the public, took some pictures with the crowd and there wasnt any kind of problems. In fact!.... them were on the Overkill concert that week, and were quietly watching the show in middle of the crowd.

Is there other thing that you need to know...here, not many people speak english...in fact...as you can see, my english sucks :p...
So many fans will try to say hi or something but they dont know how to do that...you only need to smile and move your hand...so, they will be very happy :)

I went to see Korpi at Valparaíso, since I was invited to. It went really well, even I went with the band to drink some beers. Nice guys. They walked by the streets and nothing really happened.

I hope you won't face any trouble at Colombia, it's a great country full of nice metalheads. Just their politics sucks.

About the english stuff, that's true haha. I guess you won't find any problem with the people here cause they'll only say hi and - if able - ask for a picture or something like that.