COB start writing new album

T shirt look nice! I like white t shirt, it changes of the all-dark-t-shirt-metal. Also, the album's cover is well present on these (>< BD t shirt and RRF t shirt).

Guys I was just thinking about the new website design that will be and the forum design also , I think it'll be all brighter and maybe hard to get used to(?) but quite epic
what are your thoughts about it ??

Haha yep sure! I totally forgot about that. I guess it will be modified after album's release so maybe like for July. It's gonna be fresh for summer.

This is a COB fan forum, if you can't figure out the names of a couple of long songs then just go look them up, they've already told you they're from the last albums (and it's very easy to see that BD is Blooddrunk, AYDY Are You Dead Yet and RRF Relentless Reckless Forever) and it takes a click. Almost everyone here understands the reference, so we save ourselves the typing. The polite thing to do as a newcomer is to try at least a bit, or do we have to explain to you the meaning of the band name too?

Saying "I like to abreviate" would have been enough, I wasn't even complaining about it, I actually thought it was funny how everyone used all those abreviations as if they were the normal name of the songs and still understand everything. If you abreviate the name of Opeth songs like that I will understand them inmediately because I'm an Opeth fan, but that's not the case with Children of Bodom for me. It's fine if you use acronyms.

Saying "I like to abreviate" would have been enough, I wasn't even complaining about it, I actually thought it was funny how everyone used all those abreviations as if they were the normal name of the songs and still understand everything. If you abreviate the name of Opeth songs like that I will understand them inmediately because I'm an Opeth fan, but that's not the case with Children of Bodom for me. It's fine if you use acronyms.

Fuck yeah Opeth

I see a lot of people complaining about the T-Shirt designs. I'm probably the only guy that likes it! I think it's a nice refreshing change from all the typical artist name on top, then the album art laid out right under it. It's just so...standard and it's been done so much that it just looks and feels like the designs are just plastered on now. With the current Halo Of Blood T-Shirts, it looks as if it is a nice refreshing design and it's honestly pretty unique.

I emailed Hate Wear / Mad Supply about whether the Making of Halo of Blood DVD and the bonus track were included on the CD, and had this reply today:

"Unfortunately not. There is no Making Of Halo of Blood DVD or Roxette cover song." :(

I emailed Hate Wear / Mad Supply about whether the Making of Halo of Blood DVD and the bonus track were included on the CD, and had this reply today:

"Unfortunately not. There is no Making Of Halo of Blood DVD or Roxette cover song." :(

Guess we're just gonna have to hit up our good friends at iTunes for the cover songs then...:bah:

seems weird that the CD+DVD version isn't available at the official shop. Maybe they'll just put it later? I was also thinking about the hatecrew.com thing. Do you think they'll put stuff on there as well, or the whole thing was just for the roadkill book?

Guys I was just thinking about the new website design that will be and the forum design also , I think it'll be all brighter and maybe hard to get used to(?) but quite epic
what are your thoughts about it ??

I think it would be good if you cut the artwork from the point on the lower part of the cover where the ice goes almost all the way horizontal, then fade it down to a darker color, you would sort of descend to the depths of the murky water. But these forum graphs are very limited. I would still recommend using the gray as in the people trapped under ice. For the front page I think something similar, but you can fix the horizontal line of the artwork where the forest meets the lake, have the Reaper in the upper right corner... It really sucks this forum has no graphs on the sides.

So this is how a 666-riff is like, as described to exist in the track All Twisted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalmah is releasing their new Album on June 17th but they dont wait that long as Bodom and put a new Track up:
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/spinefarmrecords/kalmah-windlake-tale/s-EF6Wp[/SOUNDCLOUD]

NICE Kalmah! :headbang:

Kalmah is releasing their new Album on June 17th but they dont wait that long as Bodom and put a new Track up:
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/spinefarmrecords/kalmah-windlake-tale/s-EF6Wp[/SOUNDCLOUD]

NICE Kalmah! :headbang:

Don't listen to Kalmah but that was sick.

The first half was utter bullshit, like German folk metal. The latter half got some spice going on, like some Arabic melody, but it's still the same old boring donkey crap. Kalmah have some nice melodic ideas but they're overrated.

The first half was utter bullshit, like German folk metal. The latter half got some spice going on, like some Arabic melody, but it's still the same old boring donkey crap. Kalmah have some nice melodic ideas but they're overrated.

Don't really think they're overrated. It's not like they have huge headlining tours or anything like that.

I don't see how they're overrated either... Like I never hear people talking about Kalmah lol. If Kalmah is overrated Children of Bodom must be insanely overrated.

Except COB made music history one fine day whilst Kalmah are solid followers.

That was just pure metal from the beginning til the end, entire song was good. Whole song had good spirit.

E: It hadn't "new" elements and wasn't unique, but it was great song though