COB start writing new album

So, just heard about this all new Bodom played on the radio-thingy and listened the song. I liked it already when I listened for the first time. First impression was that it sounds like Bodom but there's something new going on. Which is a good thing. It reminds me of something but cant figure out right now what is it.

Anyway, hopefully they'll release a single and music video asap. Still feels weird that their song was played on the radio but there was no mention of it on the bands website or Facebook. At least I havent seen any info. Would like to hear this song with proper quality and not as some radio rip.

HCDR has some great melodic ideas, but the guitar tone should be more atmospheric. This way it would be an epic album.

What makes a guitar tone more atmospheric than another? Not trying to be a dick, just wondering. An example would be helpful

What makes a guitar tone more atmospheric than another? Not trying to be a dick, just wondering. An example would be helpful

3:23 - 3:37 This is pretty much HCDR at its most atmospheric. Chokehold and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood have immense potential and are also the two most atmospheric tracks on the album with ADK. I guess what makes the basic metal guitar "tone" more atmospheric is clear and personal sound, extension of notes and echo/delay...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tone determines how your electric guitar sounds through amplification.

Sound = atmosphere. Follow the Reaper would have had different atmosphere if it were recorded through a Fender Twin. Although that's a very unrealistic comparison.

Atmosphere is many things. It's how everything in the music works together to create a "vision of something" instead of just notes being shot at you.

I agree with what you say, it's the reason black metal sounds so raw since the production is so bad. But I think the choice of notes has more of an effect on atmosphere than guitar tone. Dimmu Borgir has fantastic production and they sound very dark, other black metal bands have horrible production yet they also sound very dark.

If you recorded a light rock song's guitar in the same way a black metal musician records theirs, it wouldn't make it sound dark simply because of the tone. I think of the tone as the icing on the cake sort of. If the songs are well written the atmosphere will be transefered, tone and production just make that atmosphere easier to understand. Having a guitar tone with too much high-end or whatever won't make or break a song's atmosphere.

Huh? WIWI is not from BD and it was only played very few times, then abandoned.

Yeah sorry about that, mental fuck up, though I'm glad it's abandoned too.

I feel the opposite, only now am I seeing the appreciation for Something Wild. I always saw people praising HB, FTR and HCDR (not as much).

Their first four albums were great overall albums even if they might have had a few weak songs. AYDY/BD/RRF don't have the same quality. That being said we have been seeing a steady improvement.

I disagree. BD was not on par with the rest, I agree, but AYDY and RRF, while they're not the same style of music, I don't see them being of lower quality, although I know I am pretty much alone in thinking this, but to me T,L&S, WNGF, SK, RTHAB or Ugly are some of the best Bodom has done. T,L&S and Ugly in particular, and maybe SK too, would make my all time COB top 10 any day.

I think SW and HCDR are on par if not better than FTR and HB. THey are all interchangeable but goddamn HCDR has some epic melodies. This is one of my favourite COB moments. I wish they would play it live more often. That oohhhwooahh bit was made for the crowd to chant.

http://youtu.be/7lLRjZOED-Q?t=1m14s

SW I don't agree, but yes, to me HCD is the best COB has done, closely followed by FTR and HB but HCD stands atop for me.

I disagree. BD was not on par with the rest, I agree, but AYDY and RRF, while they're not the same style of music, I don't see them being of lower quality, although I know I am pretty much alone in thinking this, but to me T,L&S, WNGF, SK, RTHAB or Ugly are some of the best Bodom has done. T,L&S and Ugly in particular, and maybe SK too, would make my all time COB top 10 any day.

I am on your side here. You are not alone. Many people obsess over Bodom's older style so much that they are seriously unable to see the greatness of their new stuff. But anyways, the songs you've mentioned are definitely some of the best that Bodom has ever done, save for Ugly. That's just my opinion. It does have a neat little solo though.

And I actually really like Blooddrunk so I can't agree with you on that, but everyone's entitled to their own opinions. :D

Too many acronyms for a not so hardcore Bodom fan :lol:

It's not that hard, they have not so many songs, and three of them are album titles...

RRF: Relentless, Reckless, Forever
BD: Blooddrunk
AYDY: Are You Dead Yet

T,L&S: Thrashed, Lost & Strungout
WNGF: We're Not Gonna Fall
SK: Shovel Knockout
RTHAB: Roundtrip To Hell And Back

Seriously, it's not that hard...

It seriously isn't that hard to type the actual name of the song either. I don't know all of their songs really though, like I said, I'm not a hardcore fan, maybe not even a real fan at all, I'm still interested in listening to the new album though.

:wave:
So here are some more, interesting pics from the new video shooting.
Look who is back. :devil:

photo10.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo7.jpg

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: