COB start writing new album

That guy from the listening report said some more in the comments:
Put it this way: if you thought the last three albums were so-so, you’ll really enjoy Halo Of Blood.

You also won’t get it with only one listen.

Is it a perfect album? Nope. Is it for the open-minded COB old schooler? Yes.

If you’re expecting Hatebreeder or Follow The Reaper, better just turn those albums on and be done with it. This new one is a trip… and I’ve been a fan since Day 1.

I wouldn't mind if there where HCDR-style songs. Something like You're Better of Dead is brilliant.

Yeah well RRF was supposed to be their best album but it was their worst. But signs indicate this is a return to the right path. I still have a feeling there will not be an ultra epic melodic metal song like SNBN, instead it will still be in the heavy riffing department but with spices of the original COB. Really none of the songs have been described as OMG THE NEXT SNBN/KTS/Downfall or whatever. But it seems really interesting and I think this time I won't be disappointed! Now just bring forth some track to listen to... Halo of Blood is already a song that satisfies me, it's promising for the rest of the album, but it needs better quality, radio rip is kinda sucky, with the lame fading at the start and end of the song and no proper bass etc. If the rest of the album is as interesting then it will be a juicy album to enjoy over and over again. Timeless ideas and rich soundworld is what we need.

RRF meantioning as their worst album is based on your personal opinion. SW and BD are definitely worse and RRF is - seen through a guitar players eye - probably more interesting than any other COB album. And again - RRF isn't a bad album. It has the best guitar tone and the best mixing of all albums yet, followed by HCDR (mixing-wise). And it's a fact that many people like AND prefer RRF over any other COB album because of its technical aspect. Think about it ^^
And to be honest... SNBN is boring as fuck! I don't know why you always mention it. And so is Downfall (LBRH was the winner of the last "best COB song" contest and Downfall was one of their worst...). Downfall has a great opening riff and some good atmosphere in it but that's all. KTS is - at least in my opinion - one their worst songs. It has lame guitar riffs in it, lame solos, lame melodies and no atmosphere.
And timeless ideas and rich soundworld is not what WE ne, it is just what YOU need. I'm satisfied when I can hear some cool riffs, a good solo, a great mixing and a great guitar tone and I don't give a fuck about atmosphere or great melodies as long as it challenges me in a technical way and is heavy as fuck (I love drop C songs)! That's why I love AYDY and RRF.
To come to an end - as a guitar player, I'd like to hear songs like AYDY, T,L&S, NMF, Ugly,LB,whole Sinergy...everything with some cool riffs and rythm parts in it. As a listener only, I'd like to hear songs like ETID or Sinergy based songs (of course without Kims ugly voice).

RRF meantioning as their worst album is based on your personal opinion. SW and BD are definitely worse and RRF is - seen through a guitar players eye - probably more interesting than any other COB album. And again - RRF isn't a bad album. It has the best guitar tone and the best mixing of all albums yet, followed by HCDR (mixing-wise). And it's a fact that many people like AND prefer RRF over any other COB album because of its technical aspect. Think about it ^^
And to be honest... SNBN is boring as fuck! I don't know why you always mention it. And so is Downfall (LBRH was the winner of the last "best COB song" contest and Downfall was one of their worst...). Downfall has a great opening riff and some good atmosphere in it but that's all. KTS is - at least in my opinion - one their worst songs. It has lame guitar riffs in it, lame solos, lame melodies and no atmosphere.
And timeless ideas and rich soundworld is not what WE ne, it is just what YOU need. I'm satisfied when I can hear some cool riffs, a good solo, a great mixing and a great guitar tone and I don't give a fuck about atmosphere or great melodies as long as it challenges me in a technical way and is heavy as fuck (I love drop C songs)! That's why I love AYDY and RRF.
To come to an end - as a guitar player, I'd like to hear songs like AYDY, T,L&S, NMF, Ugly,LB,whole Sinergy...everything with some cool riffs and rythm parts in it. As a listener only, I'd like to hear songs like ETID or Sinergy based songs (of course without Kims ugly voice).

Respect your opinion and all but you must be trolling.

I'm not trolling and I think that a shit load of you so called "Bodom fans" are just wanking of KTS because of the solos (nobody cares about the song itself), but not because they are good. Just because they are long. ^^ I've often read it on Youtube that some guys shit in their pants because the KTS solos are sooo faaaaast and guitar/key solo !!!11!11!! and looong... That is really sad because this is really a song where you can hear that it was written in studio, just to have a 9th song.

Even the riffs under the solo are so fucking lame. Every simple garage band could compose better ones.

+1 to literally everything you just said, couldn't have said it better myself

I for one, am really excited to hear that they're trying out all kinds of things, something totally new and something old school. I think Alexi really had a fresh inspiration for this album. When I read these posts here, I'm actually glad that I don't play any instrument or understand much about playing technically, because now I can concentrate on the feeling that the music gives me. :)

From the most recent guitar world
PlZ7NKK.png

6EjR4PR.png

0FtMFyV.png

J0CyLOE.png

RQknijK.png

I don't really think anything by bodom is lame except most of Blooddrunk. I love KTS not only for the solos but I find it's a great song. Who cares if the riffs playing wise are boring? It's fine.

Yeah true I can't wait to hear this "experiment" that they did here ;)
I really dig NMF and SKO and I hope that we will also have some of it also on the new album,26th of april is coming ! sooner than ever actually,in two weeks exactly ,will it be a single ? I just want a legit information cob, please.

I'm not trolling and I think that a shit load of you so called "Bodom fans" are just wanking of KTS because of the solos (nobody cares about the song itself), but not because they are good. Just because they are long. ^^ I've often read it on Youtube that some guys shit in their pants because the KTS solos are sooo faaaaast and guitar/key solo !!!11!11!! and looong... That is really sad because this is really a song where you can hear that it was written in studio, just to have a 9th song.

Even the riffs under the solo are so fucking lame. Every simple garage band could compose better ones.

I actually love it because it's the very first COB song I listened to, and got me into Bodom in general. And no, I'm not wanking of it because of the long solos and stuff, I think it's great in many ways. Anyway that is your opinion, but don't make assumptions on other fans just because they disagree with you ;)
And I believe, that all COB albums are great in their own way, old and new.

And I believe, that all COB albums are great in their own way, old and new.

That's true, they've always had that "something" that has kept the old fans hanging there and the new ones coming. And that "something" is the thing that unites almost all of the fans. The differences come from preferring the certain albums because of the personal feeling they give, at least mostly. I have so far got a good feeling of every CoB album, in every mental state that I can be in, I have a certain CoB album to listen to and get me feeling better. :)

Since the only thing I want from the album is to be great - and it does not have to equal "return to the roots", this gives me high hopes:
http://carlbegai.com/2013/04/09/children-of-bodom-halo-of-blood-listening-session-march-16th-2013/

Agreed, this review gave me a great feeling about the album.

Yeah well RRF was supposed to be their best album but it was their worst. But signs indicate this is a return to the right path. I still have a feeling there will not be an ultra epic melodic metal song like SNBN, instead it will still be in the heavy riffing department but with spices of the original COB. Really none of the songs have been described as OMG THE NEXT SNBN/KTS/Downfall or whatever. But it seems really interesting and I think this time I won't be disappointed! Now just bring forth some track to listen to... Halo of Blood is already a song that satisfies me, it's promising for the rest of the album, but it needs better quality, radio rip is kinda sucky, with the lame fading at the start and end of the song and no proper bass etc. If the rest of the album is as interesting then it will be a juicy album to enjoy over and over again. Timeless ideas and rich soundworld is what we need.

What the fucking fuck? RRF is the worst album? You consider RRF better than Blooddrunk? An album with unbearable tone and extremely boring songwriting the band themselves don't even like anymore? And SW is all hyped and epic because it was the first and very cool to be a debut album, but that's not better than RRF. Not by a mile.

Agreed pretty much overal, but dude, lame solos KTS? Sure it's a song wrote around wankery, but the solos are pretty awesome (even if they're not the most technical or variated musically). All the rest absolutely agreed though.

Respect your opinion and all but you must be trolling.

If you took a second to read a couple more posts by him or had spent in here more than couple of days (I'll have to assume you haven't), you'd know he's not. How is he, in your opinion, trolling?

If you took a second to read a couple more posts by him or had spent in here more than couple of days (I'll have to assume you haven't), you'd know he's not. How is he, in your opinion, trolling?

When he said that RRF has the best guitar tone and mixing. All his opinions from a guitar players standpoint make sense to me (except for the bit about the tone) as I am also a guitar player, but that is only one of the various elements needed to make a good song/album. While RRF may have some of the most technical riffing, it is severely lacking in other areas. Mediocre production, terrible sounding drums, out of place songs that take away from the atmosphere of the album. Technical playing does not equate to good songwriting. However, seeing as SW is probably my favourite COB album I can see why we have completely differing opinions on the matter haha. I much prefer the neo-classical stuff to the technical riffing.

When he said that RRF has the best guitar tone and mixing. All his opinions from a guitar players standpoint make sense to me (except for the bit about the tone) as I am also a guitar player, but that is only one of the various elements needed to make a good song/album. While RRF may have some of the most technical riffing, it is severely lacking in other areas. Mediocre production, terrible sounding drums, out of place songs that take away from the atmosphere of the album. Technical playing does not equate to good songwriting. However, seeing as SW is probably my favourite COB album I can see why we have completely differing opinions on the matter haha. I much prefer the neo-classical stuff to the technical riffing.

This.

RRF is the most technical sure, but so what? It doesn't give the feeling and power than the old ones. Neither did BD, AYDY hardly. And Im pretty sure they'll never have it again.
So now the only thing to discuss is about technical riffs and all that shit.
And the Halo Of Blood- song doesn't have good riffs. The sound was more pleasant than the album before, but the song itself was so boring.
The bottom line is that you dont need technical riffs. Just good riffs.
Riffs.

When he said that RRF has the best guitar tone and mixing.
In that case, every post of Joonas must be trolling because his opinion goes over everyones else opinion..^^
This.

RRF is the most technical sure, but so what? It doesn't give the feeling and power than the old ones. Neither did BD, AYDY hardly. And Im pretty sure they'll never have it again.
So now the only thing to discuss is about technical riffs and all that shit.
And the Halo Of Blood- song doesn't have good riffs. The sound was more pleasant than the album before, but the song itself was so boring.
The bottom line is that you dont need technical riffs. Just good riffs.
Riffs.
There's always and will always be a discussion about what a song should have to be good. Of course you don't need technical riffs to have a good song - best example is ETID. But I get bored of the old songs (and some new)really fast because I it doesn't make fun to play them on guitar. When I listen to a song which isn't actually "good" in most peoples eyes but has some cool riffing in it, then I rather listen to that song. But that's probaly the nature of (advanced) guitarists. Songs like Trashed, NMF, SK, Ugly and AYDY are a good mix of both. They are technical challenging with some cool riffs but are also melodic and have a good atmosphere.
Halo of Blood has a good atmosphere too and is really aggressive but as you said - the song itself is boring.