COB start writing new album

Does anybody remember when Alexi said a few moths ago in some Canadian interview that there'll be two Bodom songs in the new album?

I know that if there are two Bodom songs could be nothing but all the B. songs have been fucking good.

Does anybody remember when Alexi said a few moths ago in some Canadian interview that there'll be two Bodom songs in the new album?

I know that if there are two Bodom songs could be nothing but all the B. songs have been fucking good.

I remember when someone said it here, and thought it was a joke. Can't remember if I ever saw the interview myself. Also, BoB (AYDY) isn't that great. Actually LB and BBT are the only ones that are in the top 3 of their album.

I saw the interview, there's a video of that interview in this forum.
EDIT:

BoB is a a good song, but if you pull it off from AYDY? album is shit compared to the rest, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure there will be two 'Bodom' titles on the next album, because they forgot one from RRF, it'll be a joke. But it doesn't affect songwriting at all so who cares.

I try to explain what I mean... See how in this song here the intro melody and the solo at 1:56 - 2:14 gel pretty well, they're not the same notes but they just feel together. I think that's one of the things that made especially the blue and green COB albums good. What is it that makes this solo feel together with the intro or whatever, is it because the background riff and drum pattern is the same? I think it's both the melody and the background.

That's call and response. Both examples are call and response. It's very common in blues and jazz and folk styles. Typically metal songs these days, having dropped most of the blues influence of rock, employ motifs and simple counterpoint. or...

Here is an example of motif with simple rhythmic counterpoint. 2:50 is an excellent example of how to develop motif with counterpoint and go into a solo.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnWl-5LnfoE&feature=related[/ame]

I kinda figured this 0:22 / 1:09 / 3:54 part is Hellhounds On My Trail chorus with some different notes and no keyboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFJS7Vk_vtY

Compare to 0:30. It could be coincidence... nevertheless, COB has the keyboards on top to make the riff more distinct and dramatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyVMzjQN3wU

Both fucking rock so I don't care. I just wish Blooddrunk had a bit more standing out guitar tone like the other artist.

Yes, that is a very similar chord progression with movement by thirds. There is a difference tho. COB is playing minor chords. The first example is major chords. The difference is in the third of the chord. You can hear it is a half step lower with COB.

You will note the difference in the following vid from the previous Lamb of God vid: here all parts are playing the same or similar rhythms. There is no off-setting by half steps. There are no contrapuntal voices. This composition style became popular in the late Classical Era through the Romantic Era, and it remains prevalent in many genres today. no pun intended.
So Joonas, can you name this style?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCTK0btqsQ&feature=related[/ame]

It's not strophic. This is strophic:

Holy crap, Kaiso! You're starting to sound like a different version of Joonas (Just as deep, long and sometimes strange descriptions from whatever you're talking about)! You just talk about different things. I like the change.

The interesting bits:

"...will reportedly be released on 4 million Czech Koruna bail (approximately $200,000 — an amount which, according to the site, Randy claimed was the equivalent of his annual income."

"The singer apparently either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. who had come on stage, and that person died 14 days later of bleeding in the brain."

Oh, I know. That's why I opted for those particular examples.

Here is another example of strophic composition:

And unless I'm entirely mistaken, the entire album Demonocracy by Job for a Cowboy is through composed. Through composed is really taking off in the metal world lately you know.

ESA1996, I have no idea what you mean. Do you mean 'how nice that she does actually know how to keep the site up after the date on which the worm was to be released by it's code?' If so, well yes I am fully aware that metalinjection.net is also experiencing the same problem.

Inearthed - Something Wild, yes. Lake Bodom was most probably called Something Wild before changing the name of the band, because in the end of the song they say: "Tonight's gonna be something wild", and then the song ends.

That is only an assumption.

I remember when someone said it here, and thought it was a joke. Can't remember if I ever saw the interview myself. Also, BoB (AYDY) isn't that great. Actually LB and BBT are the only ones that are in the top 3 of their album.

That was me. I told you that awhile back. like back when I was vivebodom (late summer and fall last year). and before that when I was Katelyn (like more than an entire year ago). I keep getting banned for trying to get it all out at once, but y'all don't appreciate my efforts so I stopped telling you things. :lol: