COB start writing new album

Go to their profile and add to ignore list.

I for one always enjoyed reading your opinions. I pretty much left the forum after RRF came out (it sucked), but now I'm hopeful yet again...

Thanks. This is a nice find, "Add to your ignore list." I've considered eliminating my profile several times but I think I'll just put 'em to my ignore list. First to the list go doubleteam, FridgePack, iPot, nunofrg, Rune... Arcane is an ass too and we have our gay fights but at least he's musical so I'll save him cos it will be interesting to argue with him about the next album.

I'm really tired of listening to trolls transferring their own personalities and fears onto me by thinking I'm the small and angry guy here, when I'm actually a good-spirited guy who's a sport addict and studies health care, just happens I'm a bit creative and straight-worded so there's this clash always.

RRF definitely sucked but it's always interesting to be on the eve of another album, cos you never know, it might be good.

I have to agree with Joonas here towards the creativty of drums. The most interessting drums were on Blooddrunk and on the 2nd/3rd Inearthed demo, hope, they pull something off in that direction.

Especially something in the vein of Shamed would be damn nice, because it has something of the newer Cob Sound aswell as some black parts. Time may tell.

Arcane is an ass too and we have our gay fights but at least he's musical so I'll save him cos it will be interesting to argue with him about the next album.

Implying that he is willing to discuss with you because you basically post the same post day after day. I'm also able to discuss about music but it's not like I would want to do it with an autist who is unable comprehend what others are trying to say and who just answers "BUT THERE IS NO ATMOSPHERE AND STUFF" to everything.

Arcane is an ass too and we have our gay fights but at least he's musical so I'll save him cos it will be interesting to argue with him about the next album.
It really doesn't make much sense to argue with you about music or Children Of Bodom songs because you won't change your mind. Especially when the focus is on riffs, harmonies or atmosphere. Everything is a fact for you and you can't or won't accept that other people here have a different opinion. A few of us already told you that you have no idea about what good music really is and you already showed us that you haven't got that much knowledge about music at all. Sure, everything's based on each personal opinion but when you try to tell us that earlier Bodom albums got more interesting or better riffs than the newer albums... sorry dude, but this is where you fail.
I don't know what's more annyoing, your narcissim, your so called facts, your constantly repeating about what you miss, your non excisting musical knowledge or your thoughts about how COB should be
joonas suckz die fucking already

you should kill yourself
That was not necessary and makes you look even more dumb than Joonas, fag.

That was not necessary and makes you look even more dumb than Joonas, fag.

:lol: Oh really. Nunofrg's forum value is nothing short of a pest and I would squeeze him like a bug be it in a spiritual or physical contest. Like an angry little poodle barking from under his mama's pink dress. But I'm having good laughs reading these insults. Anyway I'm off for today, no time for sorting out this ignore list clitch now. It's nothing personal, just I'd rather discuss with the members who are more sophisticated.

It's come alight in the past I value more the feeling in the music while Arcane is about the technicality of playing, but that's the way people's perceptions go. Still, if I strongly feel a new song sucks and you disagree, or the other way 'round, I wanna say it if only to upset you. ^^

Nunofrg's forum value is nothing short of a pest and I would squeeze him like a bug be it in a spiritual or physical contest. Like an angry little poodle barking from under his mama's pink dress. But I'm having good laughs reading these insults.

Agreed. His posts make your atmosphere-tree-lake stuff look good, I'll give you that.

^ we'll see, it's only a good thing if the band has "naturally" set out to do music in that style. If not, they're just cheating themselves and if that's the case, it will reflect on the music. It will sound forced and nobody wants that.
In the end making music should be about what you think and feels right, and maybe others will like it, too.

I know everything works spontaneous for COB, but I'm more of 50% emotion-based and 50% calculated plan based individual, so what I would probably do if I was Laiho is think about 9 most impressive songs of the band and make songs in the same style, also think about what is it in COB's artistic theme that made them cult, and act accordingly.

In other words I'd try to make songs similar to these ones for example, but with new composions:

Silent Night
Bed Of Razors
Downfall
Follow the Reaper
Children Of Decadence
Everytime I Die
Angels Don't Kill
Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet

So there would be song "recipes" that worked genious for the band in the past. Then continue with the Reaper and the Lake theme.

Why? Because these have been proven to work magnificent for COB. You should focus on what you do best in life, if you want to make an impact. Spontaneous doesn't work for COB anymore, it seems. Their songs are all the same and just sound pointless, and the theme as well as artworks have strayed too far from the original idea. I don't mean to make artificial creativity by copying these songs: but to think about the vibes in the songs and create the same energy, instead of the 4:00 minute thrash songs that have an intro and the usual pattern and solos just for the fuck of it and shit vocals.

The band is reluctant to create another song like SNBN, because they have done one in the past. Yet they make ten thousand songs like RRF. When they could make that epicness - given Alexi still has that creativity in him... This I don't understand.

Honestly, when listening to the three newest albums for the first time, after the anticipated long waits, and expecting to hear some epicness like diamons of old (SNBN, ETID etc etc) and to hear several, several songs pass by and clearly not igniting any epic feelings at all, felt like a waste of potential. Alexi says he could something like the old stuff any day again... (which is just evidence of him respecting technicality above creativity these times) but whichever sub genre of metal or genre of music you do doesn't matter if you ain't psyched to be creative.

What I'm trying to say in this post is it would be pretty exciting if the new album was actually surprising and included fresh, bright and creative metal music and songs deviating from the new pattern trend. If they actually had a "SNBN pt.2" or songs where different instruments have a distinctive role instead of the usual mash-up, it would be interesting. For example a song driven by interesting drumming and keyboards, and a song with creative and fast melodic guitar work would spice up the album. Every song was more or less the same on RRF.

Done.

27y8tuo.jpg

Song recipes, hmmh. I get the feeling you would be second-guessing yourself if you look too much at old songs to get new ideas, but for music's sake it might be a good idea. I don't think it would not hurt for COB create songs with a less-is-more -mentality, because from what I gather, all the good COB songs are more or less simple. Just look at Living dead beat, very simple but catchy rhythmic riffs.

Shit, I've read so many comments about COB should/shouldn't do on the upcoming album that it feels like I am continuing the beating of a dead horse here.

I might be drawing deluded conclusions from my personal experience, but I think there's certain trends that some bands follow simultaneously. Many bands have now made a darker sounding album, and it looks like Bodom is doing the same. The last years there was this trend of thrashy American sound. Around 2000-2002 many bands did albums that sounded cold and blue. Then the next years many bands did red albums with raw sound.

I might be drawing deluded conclusions from my personal experience, but I think there's certain trends that some bands follow simultaneously. Many bands have now made a darker sounding album, and it looks like Bodom is doing the same. The last years there was this trend of thrashy American sound. Around 2000-2002 many bands did albums that sounded cold and blue. Then the next years many bands did red albums with raw sound.

I concur. Although I can't claim to know enough to do completely valid conclusions of the 2000-2002 "era", I did notice that new In flames album was more had more technical playing than their earlier production, quite similar to Bodom's newest cd and/or progression of the music.

I could mention some examples I'm thinking of. But I really hope Bodom's reunion with Nuclear Blast will have a positive effect on their style somehow - they said they need "a change". A change of what? If someone tried to steer my art into a shit commercial way, and succeeded in doing so, I'd certainly leave the house doors banging.

Honestly I'm not buying to the "we do it 100% spontaneous" stuff. Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy washed his hands from record label industry several years ago, making stuff in his own studio instead, saying they tried to steer his music into the commercial bullshit or whatever. This should make people realize it's all REAL, it's NOT a conspiracy. When you moan the development of succesful metal bands to pop'ish American direction, everybody says "Well of course, that's how to make money." But it's against my principle. I don't want to believe artists sell their soul. One metal mastermind has confessed this is what happened and he hated it. And I'm sure the bands who enjoy such dictation of art deny it and take the secret to their graves cos the fans of metal would simply not tolerate this.

My best guess is record labels make business and the rules of business apply to them as well. They look at trends and what kind of music sells. I can perfectly imagine what happens after that. I'm not saying the guys in suits tell them what notes to write, but it's possible they try to determine the style the music and sound as well. I think the band not saying no to me anymore means they know I'm on the right track and don't mind me saying these things. I think Bodom don't like the American sound brought by Matt Hyde and they didn't agree with Spinefarm management about having WIWI as the single... and what went on beyond that we can only guess.

What makes the NB deal particularly promising is the way they cheered for COB's great original albums.

I still feel like the next album is going to be most reminiscent of Blooddrunk, but let's see. I would encourage them for a radical change.

The only bit of sense that convinces me to think nobody steered Bodom's music anywhere, is the fact it's started to look like they would sell more actually by going back to the old direction.

What I want is the best of the old and something completely new and different.

:lol: Oh really. Nunofrg's forum value is nothing short of a pest and I would squeeze him like a bug be it in a spiritual or physical contest. Like an angry little poodle barking from under his mama's pink dress. But I'm having good laughs reading these insults. Anyway I'm off for today, no time for sorting out this ignore list clitch now. It's nothing personal, just I'd rather discuss with the members who are more sophisticated.

It's come alight in the past I value more the feeling in the music while Arcane is about the technicality of playing, but that's the way people's perceptions go. Still, if I strongly feel a new song sucks and you disagree, or the other way 'round, I wanna say it if only to upset you. ^^

how genius of you to be able to evaluate me physically and spiritually with my trolling comments. really visionaire. i obviously dont wish that you should kill yourself not even to my biggest enemies i do

btw how the fuck you know my musical opinion and vision if i never come here and i never debated it? how you know if im not a super musical talent or not? how can you despise the value of your "enemy" that way? if you were a winner in life you wouldnt ever do it. and you think you´re something just because you have a repetitive point doesnt mean you squeeze people like bug, people you dont even know. maybe if you were smarter you werent here saying the same shit 30000 times to people who dont give a crap about you or dont mean nothing to you. thats the amazing vision you have in my opinion, at least its what it looks. instead of that you could use that brilliant vision of yours you say you have and use it in the real life, with the same confidence you try to show here. maybe like i try to do instead of posting shit here everyday.

but whatever i dont give a shit about your opinions, thats just an honest advice. like janne or alexi im out of this forum anyway

Can't believe there was a time when everybody dissed the song Are You Dead Yet, now it feels like a masterpiece (which it certainly is apart from the chorus not having the keys mixed on top). I hope we'll have more songs done with serious attitude.