COB start writing new album

Dude, after all, they're in a BAND, it's not Alexi's solo project. But now he does write basically all of the songs byhimself but still, of course the other members can come with opinions, inputs on how the songs should sound, maybe it alters the sound of a song? Who care's, it's obviously a band decision then meaning Alexi has agreed it sounded better.

Yes yes yes !!:kickass:

Its a band album, not an Alexi album :headbang:

Roope's musical writing has always been boring, Stone is shit and I'm pretty sure the best Sinergy tracks were made by Alexi, Roope's solos for COB are also boring. There are lots of great guitarists out there who can't really compose interesting melodies etc... Just because Roope was Alexi's hero doesn't mean his songwriting for COB wouldn't suck. COB releases good music because Alexi's a good songwriter.
Roope wrote a few great Sinergy songs and his solos in Sinergy are one of the best I've ever heard. His solo in Passage to the fourth world is propably one of the best solos all the time (at least for me).

Roope wrote a few great Sinergy songs and his solos in Sinergy are one of the best I've ever heard. His solo in Passage to the fourth world is propably one of the best solos all the time (at least for me).

I've got Joonas on my ignore list, but you guys keep quoteing him. :(
And Stone does not suck, it's about as good as trash metal can get, very experimental, and you can clearly hear the inspiration that Alexi got from Roope. Especially on the three first Stone records.
Roopes solos in Sinergy are always better than Alexi's. And thats a fact, not an opinion.

Well, I don't like thrash metal, and it's always just my opinion, unless I state it's a fact, even then sometimes it's not. :lol:

If Roope comes up with great riffs or melodies, I'm sure Alexi would use them.

my opinion is that 8 out of 10 Sinergy solo's playd by alexi are better than he plays for cob songs, but the style is total diffrent so its kinda hard to actually say this because cob solo's match the songs and same goes for sinergy

I've got Joonas on my ignore list, but you guys keep quoteing him. :(
And Stone does not suck, it's about as good as trash metal can get, very experimental, and you can clearly hear the inspiration that Alexi got from Roope. Especially on the three first Stone records.
Roopes solos in Sinergy are always better than Alexi's. And thats a fact, not an opinion.

:lol: Sorry dude

Uhm... I don't think that all of his solos are better but a few. I kinda like Alexis major solos more like the ones in Midnight Madness, I spit on your grave and The Sin Trade than Roope's minor solos. I don't have any original Sinergy album here, so can anybody who got them tell me which solos Roope plays? It should be mentionend in the booklet.

my opinion is that 8 out of 10 Sinergy solo's playd by alexi are better than he plays for cob songs, but the style is total diffrent so its kinda hard to actually say this because cob solo's match the songs and same goes for sinergy

Yes, I would propably say nearly all solos are better in Sinergy (except 2 or 3 Bodom solos). Sure, the Sinergy style is a bit more frisky/cheerful and 100% guitar wanking and also not as heavy as COB but it's still the same guitarists and the same songwriter. And the difference is not sooo big between Sinergy and COB.

Yes, I would propably say nearly all solos are better in Sinergy (except 2 or 3 Bodom solos). Sure, the Sinergy style is a bit more frisky/cheerful and 100% guitar wanking and also not as heavy as COB but it's still the same guitarists and the same songwriter. And the difference is not sooo big between Sinergy and COB.

yeah i kinda might have trying to be an slightly carefull with my opinion, they are both 2 wonderfull guitarists and indeed both the same no mather wich bands they play in

Edit : how would you all see another sinergy , how would an re-start go for these guys, not sure if it would happen but atleast i can imagen all the bandmembers from cob + kim still pull of some kickass music !
i actually never got why they broke up in the first place ...

Second thoughts, cob is pretty busy them selfs, not sure if like henkka and jaska would go for an sinergy project (would be awesoem but...)
we could only dream of another sinergy !

Only have Beware The Heavens (where he wasn't a part of) and To Hell and Back:

The Bitch is Back - 1st & 2nd Laiho, 3rd Laiho & Latvala
Midnight Madness - 1st Latvala, 2nd Laiho
Lead Us To War - None mentioned
Laid To Rest - Laiho
Gallowmere - 1st Laiho, 2nd Latvala
Return to the Fourth World - 1st Laiho, 2nd Latvala
Last Escape - 1st Latvala, 2nd Laiho
Wake Up In Hell - 1st Latvala, 2nd Laiho

Have to agree with Arcane on the major solos though, especially the one in I Spit On Your Grave is amazing.

They got me excited. Should've just said both videos will be posted next week.

Patience, Joonas. It's cool that they're doing these interviews at all, and I doubt posting the next one is their number one priority right now, in the middle of a recording session. Just try and enjoy the anticipation; I'm sure Henkka will come through at some point :)

^Exactly.

Any release date or month on the new album yet?
Joonas: Where did you read it was May?

Jaska said around May in his backstage thingie interview.

In Soundi 9/12 there's an interview with Roope. The last question, translated.

Interviewer: Allu told me that you will produce the next COB album early 2013 by yourselves, except for Peter Tägtren joining in the vocal sessions again. Has Matt Hyde or any other producer actually influenced the band's sound or arrangements?

Roope: No. This band has got so many producers among ourselves, that there's nothing for an outsider to do except to put up good sounds and push rec button.

Thanks for that :D

I did. Been a fan since 2000, visited 11 gigs, and written 7000 in-depth posts so don't you think it's about the fucking time Alexi answers ONE of my guestions.

:lol: well not really, he doesn't owe it to you, but your questions were quite good, so I do hope he answers them.

Roope says in his video 29 days ago they have 9 songs, or "we're working on our 9th song". I really don't care whether it's 7 or 11 songs as long as they're damn good.

I think at this point to expect anything other than 9 songs on a COB album is pointless, after so many looks like they have it as some sort of superstition. Although they had the "1 Bodom themed song per album" thing going too and then Alexi just forgot about it last album and boom, it's gonne. They're only considering it this time around according to Jaska.

Yeah I know. But when I asked Joonas that it was before the answers of the interview was posted =)

Why should I just make stuff up? I'm not that obsessed. It's not my problem if you didn't read it before like I did. I'm not responsible for explaining to every single member. :p

Still waiting for that Alexi interview. What's taking Henkka so long. They need to edit stuff out and they don't know how, or Henkka is busy recording bass.

Chill the fuck out.
chill-the-fuck-out-i-got-this.jpg

Soon. Be prepared.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until the week after next week and there's nothing interesting in it. Surprise me.