COB start writing new album

Joonas...You have none of them. No offence.
8265v1.jpg

Well in case they don't care to post it it's probably not very good, maybe Alexi didn't come up with good answers?

I think COB is one of those bands who could excite their fanzine greatly by speaking about the new album and paying much more importance to the artwork theme... but since it's not continuing the original trend anymore it doesn't really matter. I can imagine fans stuffing up the database with posts if they stated they'll return to old form and the artwork will include the Reaper at Lake Bodom and will have a red / purple / whatever theme... and release a song title and description of the song say once every three weeks... but I guess that's not the musical or artistical style they're about now, as it's more puking and thrashing and nothing that deep.

I have to say I'll be positively surprised if the album matches Blooddrunk or AYDY... I'm sure it'll be better than RRF... but let's see, I'm sure it'll have its gems like every other album. But I'm dreaming of a solid album and not just glimpses of greatness.

It hasn't even been a week since the questions where submitted.
What would you rather have? Everything uploaded at once and then nothing for 3 weeks or a little part every week for 3 weeks? Exactly.

It doesn't really matter... the great songs only get better in time...

What's frustrating is when you wait obsessively for an album and when it's finally out the songs pass by leaving no emotions in their wake... except frustration waiting for the predictable song to stop to see if next one is any good...

Of course it would be amazing to wait until the actual CD is in my hands and play it, and discover it as another album as epic as FTR... but it's just never gonna happen.

Henkka's update today re interview with Alexi on Mobile Backstage:

"Due to so many questions, we had to do Alexi's interview in two parts. First part is soon here. Second one coming next week!"

To be honest, half of the "next week" has passed, and we don't have even first part.

Reliability isn't popular in music business these days I guess...

It's always been like this with COB. Either they don't care or they have their hands full trying to create something worthwhile.

I'm not even waiting for it anymore, can't stay tense for so long.

Hey! While we waiting for the interview may I ask Joonas what do you think about this beautiful piece of music right here?

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that.

Still nothing? I was ready to receive the information a week ago...

You must be mighty un-intelligent to post ''still nothing?'' after seeing that there's obviously nothing posted yet.

And I bet you were ready at birth to receive this information, not just one week ago. CoB should make an instragram account so they can start sharing pictures of when they take shits, what they eat for breakfast, how many takes it took to record a hard solo, basically everything, and post it continuously during all hours of the day so they can please your need for updates.

I have to say I'll be positively surprised if the album matches Blooddrunk or AYDY... I'm sure it'll be better than RRF... but let's see, I'm sure it'll have its gems like every other album. But I'm dreaming of a solid album and not just glimpses of greatness.

Wait WHAT? So now BD and AYDY are better than RRF? Did you drink too many beers before writing this Joonas? The case could be made for AYDY, although it'd be hard, but BD? Just the sound of it puts it in last position. SW sounds like that because they didn't have more money, for BD there's no excuse.

Wait WHAT? So now BD and AYDY are better than RRF? Did you drink too many beers before writing this Joonas? The case could be made for AYDY, although it'd be hard, but BD? Just the sound of it puts it in last position. SW sounds like that because they didn't have more money, for BD there's no excuse.

What's wrong with the production on BD? :O I think it's fucking amazing. RRF is the only album that IMO has bad/weird production, the production really didn't fit their sound.

Blooddrunk has shitloads better songwriting. Songs feel like songs, not like riffs randomly mashed together. Take ODYWC, totally wipes the table from all RRF in terms of songwriting. There's hits on that album. RRF has just some good parts but there's too much annoying material to enjoy them.

AYDY has some masterpieces but also some really shit songs. I wish they'd just included Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet, Punch Me I Bleed, In Your Face, Trashed, Lost & Strungout and Knuckleduster, and perfected the sound of each six songs to create a masterful short album.

For RRF I wish they'd just taken all the good ideas and built the songs on those ideas and forgot about the thrashing.

And no, I became fully sober 16 months ago. What do I need beer for? I'm already madly absurd.

THIS!
IMO the production on SW is actually better than on BD.

Blooddrunk has shitloads better songwriting. Songs feel like songs, not like riffs randomly mashed together. Take ODYWC, totally wipes the table from all RRF in terms of songwriting. There's hits on that album. RRF has just some good parts but there's too much annoying material to enjoy them.

AYDY has some masterpieces but also some really shit songs. I wish they'd just included Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet, Punch Me I Bleed, In Your Face, Trashed, Lost & Strungout and Knuckleduster, and perfected the sound of each six songs to create a masterful short album.

For RRF I wish they'd just taken all the good ideas and built the songs on those ideas and forgot about the thrashing.

And no, I became fully sober 16 months ago. What do I need beer for? I'm already madly absurd.

Well I'm not so sure if I could say the songwriting on BD is better than on RRF. I do agree that BD is a little better than RRF, but RRF has some pretty nice parts which you did address, such as the the title track (best part being the chorus melody), SKO, NMF, RTHAB, and even COTN. Otherwise I don't really listen to any of the other songs on that album.

I think the way I'd put it is BD has better flow. I don't know if that's what you mean but that's the feeling I get when I listen to those two albums. The songs on Blooddrunk definitely were written with more flow and the songs were structured so well that it was just very natural and easy to listen to. There's only one shitty song on BD, imo and that's Roadkill Morning. Not even sure why they included that on the album but hey it's not my music haha.

And to all the people saying Blooddrunk has shitty production, to you people I make this face "O_O?" I think Blooddrunk has some pretty good production. Maybe you guys just don't like the sound or something? Because if I recall, they were recording Blooddrunk with the Kerry King JCM heads and Blackout active pickups, so that was definitely a factor in contributing to the sound. I don't even think RRF has bad production, they just went with a weird sound for the bass drum. It sounds like a funny click. But otherwise the guitar tone and the mix was awesome.