COB start writing new album

I think a lot of people were off put by the buzzsaw guitar tones. It's not such a big deal if you spend a lot of time listening to old school black metal and death metal.

Also, Roadkill Morning is my favorite song on the album. :fu:

What's wrong with the production on BD? :O I think it's fucking amazing. RRF is the only album that IMO has bad/weird production, the production really didn't fit their sound.

What?!? Production-wise with all of its mixing and mastering and instrument tones, RRF is one the best albums I've ever heard. It's on the same high level as HCDR whereas BD sounds too muddy with a band guitar tone and too much bass.Sure, it's your opinion but in reality, every music producer or sound engineer would tell you the same.

Blooddrunk is not a bad album but it's kinda boring. There is no single solo which I like and no song where I would say: awesome. Sure, it's definitely better than Something Wild, but it has no masterpiece songs like every other album has. And because of the bad production, I can't really listen to it. The only things I really like are BFH from beginning till the first solo, DWEDFN chorus, LB verse riff and RM verse riff but that's all.

1st Alexi interview up now! Gonna listen to it.

Alexi likes Silent Hill games, I like that, as a great SH fan.

He appears more grown up.

Someone asked why they tuned up from C# (C 'sharp'?) to D after SW... they should've asked why they went from D to Drop C ten years ago.

Alexi says he likes ESP more than Jackson... well, he has to say it, and ESP was more 'nice' to him, but Jackson guitars are still better... it's like ESP copied the Randy Rhoads shape and only had to bulk it up unnatural to not get accused of plagiating.

Somebody asked how would Alexi describe new songs compared to past albums, he just laughed, next questions. Fucking frustrating.

None of my questions.

1st Alexi interview up now! Gonna listen to it.

Alexi likes Silent Hill games, I like that, as a great SH fan.

He appears more grown up.

Someone asked why they tuned up from C# to D after SW... they should've asked why they went from D to Drop C ten years ago.

Alexi says he likes ESP more than Jackson... well, he has to say it, and ESP was more 'nice' to him, but Jackson guitars are still better... it's like ESP copied the Randy Rhoads shape and only had to bulk it up unnatural to not get accused of plagiating.

Somebody asked how would Alexi describe new songs compared to past albums, he just laughed, next questions. Fucking frustrating.

None of my questions.

Can you post a link to it? Can't find it anywhere lol.

What?!? Production-wise with all of its mixing and mastering and instrument tones, RRF is one the best albums I've ever heard. It's on the same high level as HCDR whereas BD sounds too muddy with a band guitar tone and too much bass.Sure, it's your opinion but in reality, every music producer or sound engineer would tell you the same.

Blooddrunk is not a bad album but it's kinda boring. There is no single solo which I like and no song where I would say: awesome. Sure, it's definitely better than Something Wild, but it has no masterpiece songs like every other album has. And because of the bad production, I can't really listen to it. The only things I really like are BFH from beginning till the first solo, DWEDFN chorus, LB verse riff and RM verse riff but that's all.

I'm just talking about the actual production, not the quality of the sound.
RRF has a very weird production. The first thing I noticed is that the bass drum is way to loud. It's constant ''click'' sounds when you hear it, and it's really annoying. But I do enjoy the album, it has nice melodies and such, but I don't enjoy the production, it feels flat somehow, probably because of the American touch. The melodies and Jannes stuff you can all hear very well but the guitar tone, not so much. BD's guitar tone is really clear and I who personally like the buzzsaw-ish tone think it's really good. Just a good example is the first 30 seconds of Not My Funeral, the tone is so weird and I don't feel it fits.

I'm not arguing against any producers or anything just stating my opinion. Hell, even Janne said it sounded weird at first but you get used to it. But I didn't really get used to the sound, I still think it sounds weird.

Also Joonas, I don't see the interview posted anywhere? Nothing new on the mobile backstage that I can see..

Why is Alexi just laughing when he's asked the most ESSENTIAL question at this point? Any band should be anxious to get their fans excited by describing the new music. Why not just say "it's hard to compare, you just have to hear it", and describe how it sounds. Does the record label prohibit them describing the new music?

This only makes me concerned. I'm sure it would be painful to compare music that's worse to what came out over a decade ago. If Alexi had some thrilling, sexy melodic metal songs coming up, I think he couldn't resist to say something... Last time what seemed like arrogance proved out to be what I see as covering up a bad album, let's hope it's not the same this time.

I'm quite excited anyway, as long as it's better than RRF and stands against some other albums.

So I guess the guitarsound will sound like on Blooddrunk, or similar as he is using his marshalls in the studio this time around. Can't say I'm excited by that. Alexi has a really poor taste in guitar sound the last 10 years....

I don't think the tone matters to much. I only say that because Something Wild had a pretty bad guitar sound, and it still turned out good. My favorite COB tone is probably the one used on Are You Dead Yet?, yet it's my least favorite album from them...

edit: oh man that was such a bad interview

I never enjoyed the guitar sound of COB, just the composions. Maybe around Hatebreeder era they used delay which sounded cool in the leads. COB's guitar sound is nothing special, maybe they want their stuff to be more accessible for regular playing instead of being so dependant on equipment and setups.

I want to see the passion of the old days again, I want to feel it in the music and see it in the artwork and songtitles. I want the songs to be sexy as hell and Satanic at the same time, with ingenious keyboard work and kung fu guitar riffs.

Alexi's not giving away much. It seems he still channels his artistic creativity only to COB, but my view is he's taking Bodom more as labour now instead of stripped passion. I really fucking want to some day make an interview with him myself, to make him answer my deep as the Abyss questions about COB, so that MAYBE it could reinvigorate that original COB passion in him, but it's gonna be too late. Alexi should relax and really get serious and spiritual about the music.

I can't resist to think, maybe it was just a coincidence of many things coming together that created a cult out of Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper and made an epic aura for COB. Maybe they didn't intend the albums to sound that atmospheric. Maybe they didn't have in mind such artworks as the albums had. Maybe they were just odd accidents. :( It really is spiritually important to me. If you knew how I associated the Follow the Reaper album in my life when we were 15 year olds drinking and partying our teenage miseries away at the lakeshore... you would understand my nostalgy.

Haha, 4:38 was my question, but he "next question'ed" me. Does anyone know if he means that he isn't allowed to answer it right now, or if he hasn't decided? My question was the one asking about what the new album was going to be called.

Even if he's already decided on the album title, and maybe he hasn't yet, there's no way that Alexi would reveal it at this stage, or in this kind of 'interview'; it's just not how he rolls

It's been a whie since my last post. I havent listen to their music much for the past 2 years now. I dont know much of their last album, it didnt get me excited. Let's see with the new one ;)