COB start writing new album

But BD still has nothing to do with old Bodom. To compare them, you definitely can't just say "BD has more atmosphere" That's bullshit. L'Amour Toujours from Gigi D'Agostino has also got a lot of atmosphere and is an epic album. ^^

And HIM IS gay. At least Valo is. But it was still a great band.

I think pink associated with rock can still be rock when done with attitude and the creativity to back it up, no matter what you say you say it breathing from the balls. Razorblade Romance is very brave in displaying such pink artwork, but I think it carries through a manly sensation amidst all the feminine tenderness. Everybody is a bit gay, and being comfortable with it is masculinity. Being in touch with sensitive emotions is not gay either. Being gay is about saying wrong things at the wrong time and wrong fashion. Trying to be all grim and look evil will only annoy guys with real confidence who are not afraid to smile.

When I listen to RRF it makes me see almost nothing. Just orange colour. No atmosphere.

Blooddrunk has many sequences which make me see things. Such as a forest with gleaming eyes in Hellhounds On My Trail, especially during the intro and the weird melodic interlude before the solos. A claustrophobic dark room in One Day You Will Cry. Some very high place such as a tower top in Banned from Heaven.

Well I think that's pretty much it. Otherwise there's a lot of blackness to it.

I never understood how music can be gay.
Of course there are some gay anthems, like Numa Numa, but the tipe of publicity that HIM used to have was for teen girls, not gay people.

The famous Razorblade artwork will always serve as a cheap excuse to insult and criticize HIM. I see a perfect artwork to attract attention, the same with Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights.

Is it some kind of fashion to call gay the singer of X metal band?

I think pink associated with rock can still be rock when done with attitude and the creativity to back it up, no matter what you say you say it breathing from the balls. Razorblade Romance is very brave in displaying such pink artwork, but I think it carries through a manly sensation amidst all the feminine tenderness. Everybody is a bit gay, and being comfortable with it is masculinity.

When I listen to RRF it makes me see almost nothing. Just orange colour. No atmosphere.

Blooddrunk has many sequences which make me see things. Such as a forest with gleaming eyes in Hellhounds On My Trail, especially during the intro and the weird melodic interlude before the solos. A claustrophobic dark room in One Day You Will Cry. Some very high place such as a tower top in Banned from Heaven.

I see a cave with blood and confusion in Banned From Heaven, I think because of the lyrics I read once.
Smilex is a cool song when 2:20 starts but it's just some blastbeast and rought guitars, it does give you no feeling. But on the other hand, with Roadkill Morning, while it's pure trash and nonstop, I can see some dry landing over a road, logical.

I never understood how music can be gay.

Then you never listened to radio. ^^

but the type of publicity that HIM used to have was for teen girls, not gay people.

HIM is meant for men with heart pains. It's natural however that chicks became the bigger audience.

The famous Razorblade artwork will always serve as a cheap excuse to insult and criticize HIM. I see a perfect artwork to attract attention, the same with Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights.
I guess it's better to shock somebody than to be unknown.

Is it some kind of fashion to call gay the singer of X metal band?

Bodom is widely regarded as gay because of Alexi's enthusiastic American'ish on-stage behaviour around 2003-2009. It's also a band where the catchyness of the music collides greatly with the less commercial vocals, which has led to popular dispute.

*bunch of pics*

What's with the pics??

RRF is just so "random" and atmosphereless the songs feel like garbage to me, I can't explain it technically, but I don't care about a guitar tone if the songwriting doesn't strike me. RRF is the farthest away from old COB. The only that in it that ever reminded of the old COB was the SKO best fragments recorded with a mobile phone. The album made Blooddrunk feel like better songwriting to me, with parts that seem to link to each other, unlike on RRF... AYDY of course has some majestic songs with the epic aura that's since been rare.

No. Simply no. Random (which I'm gonna asume the songs not sounding similar, which I don't see how could be a bad thing but whatever) only applies to WIWI, which nobody knows where it came from, and perhaps NPT, the rest fit pretty good together imo. BD on the other hand has too many fillers or "meh" songs in it and I don't understand how you don't hate it since it's the epitome of the "riffing as base, less melody, more american/LOG (which was apparently their crime some years ago, being friends with them and allegedly sounding like them, which they never did anyways)". AYD we agree that it was bashed beyond reason and just for being the new album and having drop C guitars, when the actual songs kicked some ass generally (besides the utterly disappointing guitar tone).

Which brings me to...

How the hell you can say that RRF is the farest away from old Bodom? So BD is closer to HB or FTR with it completely different guitar tone and album production, completely other songwriting and extremely lack of good solos? RRF has a closer tone to the older albums because it's fucking clean, the solos are partly better and also closer to HB solos. Technically you can only compare HB with FTR because both are on the same level. HCDR has a slightly improved technique, AYDY has also an improved technique (mostly because of all those drop C songs), BD is a huge step back and RRF is superior comparing to the older albums.

This. Exactly this.

For me the most epic Alexi guitar will always be that yellow-black Jackson RR24 Wild Child guitar.

Well, for me the old COB was technical enough... I think there was more lead melodies and a more simple but groovy rhythm guitar. Think of SNBN or Children Of Decadence. I just love it, I'm not bothered by the rhythm guitar being technically more simple. Also, I wouldn't mind it being more complex, but it's not necessary, especially if it comes with the songs not being as sexy anymore.

Yes, the Wildchild guitar was awesome, but the ESPs are not worse by any means.

On the technicality of the albums, that is not objective, it's not on how you feel it or not. Something is technical or it's not. It's not technical to you and not technical to me. Technique is meassurable. "Feeling" or "atmosphere" is not, therefore why you get called crazy sometimes, but technique actually is, and from a technical standpoint the last 3 albums are much more elaborated than the first 4, like it or not. Sexy, well, that goes beyond what I'll care to argue, as long as you don't lecture us on how sexy their song has to be (remember that is for you, and that the crazier it goes the more people dissagree with you).

I didn't say Marshall is bad, I said that every time I've seen Alexi use one he gets a crappy tone out of it. I.E. Blooddrunk, all those young guitar videos and even live. I rather prefer the old Lee Jackson setup, or his new ENGL setup.

Don't take the YG videos as sample, that's usually just guitar through amp (no effects or pedals whatsoever, and definitely not Alexi's own, only on the first one a bit, the Rock House one with the pink guitar), and recorded with an ambience mic or straight, not album like tone. I agree they got it wrong in Blooddrunk, but it was the mix, not the actual guitar tone. What you could hear in the COBTV episodes sounded pretty good, I don't know what they did to it later on.

I think it just pisses you off that RRF doesn't sound depressive and dark, which I will agree with you that it quite doesn't, at least not as BD or some other albums may have felt, but that's called evolution, and probably a byproduct of their current lives, and it takes nothing away from the music which is actually pretty good, elaborate, melodic and yes, atmospheric, even if you don't like that kind of atmosphere. A ton more than 70% of BD mind you. Everybody lambasted WIWI, but BD (the song) is pretty damn monotonous too, and the fast technical breakdown/riff is only that, techincal, I don't see anything to it, only the ending melody saves it for me. Not even the solos were inspired. Same goes for Lobodomy, DWEDFN and to a lesser extent RKM, although it'd have made more sense as a Kyllähullut song imo :lol: Without SPFTD and BFH, BD (the album) would've been thrashed. HOMT and ODYC are cool to a certain degree, but if they had been the standout on the album, well, the bashing it took would've been much worse. TMR was nice, but the cleaner compilation version was better (yes, at first the stronger guitar tone was a welcome change since it was way too quiet there, but after two listens and realizing how unclear and perhaps too overdriven it is the old version starts sounding a lot better).

RRF is the farthest away from old COB.

LOL...................it's keyboards, I'm telling you!! How else does one consider AYDY, one day you will cry and tie my rope atmospheric songs?!

"A lot of people" would disagree with me... That's because the only few people left here are RRF lovers. In case you didn't notice, 80% of members on this forum packed their stuff and left when they realized the hopelessness of the situation when WIWI and RRF was released. Everyone of them would agree RRF is the farthest away from old COB. But this is pointless to discuss because the ways to measure it are different.

And no it's not keyboards, once again. It is true the most atmospheric moments usually contain keyboards, with bands that have a keyboard, but it's all about the creativity. Without extreme creativity keyboards will only sound cheesy and lame, while half of the best atmospheric moments in metal music contain no keyboards at all. It's just dumbing me down when someone says all you gotta do to have atmosphere for Joonas is to lay down any cheesy keyboard line.

Don't you think that from that 80% half of them left because they can't read your annoying postings anymore? Most of them left before RRF came out. It all started when BD came out. And I can definitely tell by heart that most of all COB fans would tell you that RRF is a better album than BD. Sure, a lot of those guys here don't like RRF but they also don't like BD. There's only a hand full who really like BD or would prefer it over RRF. You only think it must be more people because you're so naorrw-minded and still think that your opinion is the only real and right opinion but let me tell you what: Nobody cares about colors in music and when an album has a bad tone, bad mixing, worse solos and worse compositions then any other album, it doesn't care if it has atmosphere or not.

I

Man, can you actually enjoy (listening to) music?

"A lot of people" would disagree with me... That's because the only few people left here are RRF lovers. In case you didn't notice, 80% of members on this forum packed their stuff and left when they realized the hopelessness of the situation when WIWI and RRF was released. Everyone of them would agree RRF is the farthest away from old COB. But this is pointless to discuss because the ways to measure it are different.

And no it's not keyboards, once again. It is true the most atmospheric moments usually contain keyboards, with bands that have a keyboard, but it's all about the creativity. Without extreme creativity keyboards will only sound cheesy and lame, while half of the best atmospheric moments in metal music contain no keyboards at all. It's just dumbing me down when someone says all you gotta do to have atmosphere for Joonas is to lay down any cheesy keyboard line.

Again, no. Most of the people (at least the old members, since I guess you mean those and not the ones who joined when AYDY came out) left when AYDY came out, alleging that it was too "north american metal", too riffy and not their old style, which is the same fucking thing people's been saying about every new album without even thinking, it's just the default answer to a new album. What you're failing to consider is that actually many of them did see RRF as a sort of "step back in the right direction" if you will, mind you you'd never had know about it since it happened on the now functionally defunct COBOT (which is where they left for, they didn't just leave completely as they have nowadays, they just transitioned to COBOT). Nobody is enthroning RRF as FTR's second coming, but it's not at all the farthest from those. AYDY (even though it's a pretty good album) is further away, and BD is the "less COB" album of all, if "being COB" means anything (which doesn't because nobody other than COB decides what is or isn't COB since they write it, but whatever, it's still the most different style CD they have).

An estimated 20-25 % of the Earth is magma, but it is hard to measure. Therefore most of it is rock.

The idea was, even if it's technically roughly the same as Mars, there's still a fundamental difference, which is the ability to sustain life... There's barely any atmosphere in Mars, so it's unable to sustain the lakes and trees. :D Just like RRF. Okay, it has ONE withering tree.