COB start writing new album

Btw. when was the first version of COB and TDE recorded? If it was recorded during the SW time, I wonder how SW turned out so "bad" because those two songs are waaaay better than any song SW.

They were recorded around June-July 98, Something Wild was recorded around August 97 I think. And I have to agree, allthough I like the Something Wild sound, both 'Singles' sound way better despite being recorded in the same studio with the same producer.

Towards Dead End and Children Of Bodom are the tracks that suck the most in the Hatebreeder soundworld, which seems to be perfected for the first tracks on the album.

Towards Dead End and Children Of Bodom are the tracks that suck the most in the Hatebreeder soundworld, which seems to be perfected for the first tracks on the album.

The HB versions or the original versions? Because I think the original versions sound really badass! And if they were really recorded one year after the recordings for SW, I do not really understand why SW's mixing and songwriting was that bad. I think those songs were some kind of an experiment because the high amount of instruments can't be heard in any other COB song from beginning to the end. It's really a bit too much of all whereas the Hate me single turned out really good. Especially the solo was so much better than the solo on the album version.

The Hatebreeder versions, the Hatebreeder sounds are not optimal for those songs. I think you first compose the songs and then optimize the album soundworld so that it's the best possible for the best songs on the album. On Hatebreeder the soundworld is perfect for Warheart, Silent Night and Hatebreeder especially. TDE demands a lot more bassy sound and more delay to the lead guitar. It sounds like a dentist drill on the album, while it's supposed to sound like a bassy storm doublebass with an echoing lead melody slicing through. It just sounds too trebly or something on the album. I've said this like four times before.

It sounds better in Tokyo Warhearts: 0:28 - 1:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQbnFu9pHE8

There are different versions from some Songs? Sure i know COB in C# and in D.
Now im listening to Hate Me single Version. Sound really different.

Are there more Songs i should now?

There are earlier versions of Hate me, Towards Dead End and Children Of Bodom. And all of those versions got pretty much more hearable instruments and/or another mixing at the final version, other vocals, guitars and so on. And all are - IMO - better than the album versions.

It's almost as if they were heading to an atmosphere-less direction already with this single, but luckily the album had a much much more atmospheric soundworld. This sounds pretty good tho and the vocals are badass. Some riffs also sound more powerful such as 1:36. This kind of powerful soundworld could've served its purpose with two songs: Children Of Decadence and Mask of Sanity... but I'd still not trade atmosphere for heaviness. (Every metal band sounds like this today.) I enjoy the part starting from 3:00, it's got the bells as in the Tägtgren mix of FTR and some guitar stuff to create a horror environment. There's attention paid to a lot of sounds on the song, whereas on the album it feels like a quick rehash with the album soundworld in one attempt, they probably didn't want to go through all the stressing on the details of the song for a second time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9mZr8CWM74

On the album version I particularly love the part from 1:32... "Led by the Reaper I walk in the night..." such epic feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeCI_f62S60

I don't know what it is in the soundworld but this album soundworld fits the artwork so perfect, it's like it was played on a lakeside... The lyrics on this album are great and everybody who says different is pretentious. I like the highly superficial yet symbolic lyrics on FTR and Hatebreeder, while I don't care about the lyrics since HCDR...

I would however love if they went back to this Lake/Reaper theme and made some deeply symbolic lyrics about suffering and oblivion and the twisted salvation of suicide, which all relate to the Lake and Reaper symbolism... for the depressing elements, but the energetic elements of FTR were influenced by alcohol-fueled partying, which is the counterbalance for depressions - which is strangely enough also symbolized by the Lake and Reaper, since it's the tempting attraction for an easy way out of reality to an extatic state of mind where everything is possible, but is actually a way that leads to turmoil... It's influenced by Alexi's life when he was young and depressed. I could relate to that as we were a bunch of 15-year-olds escaping the depressing reality to the lakeside for drinking and partying and listening to this album, so there's that nostalgy... I hope Alexi hasn't completely forgotten about this cult idea and will use it in the next artwork, there's so much symbolic potential.

Btw, Cruel Summer, great song and perfect title for a new Bodom cover, it refers to the summery Bodom murders with black humour.

Thx @Arcane.

Henkka from Mobile Backstage:
Sooooo... next is me. Alexi insisted that he wants to be the one asking questions. So if there s anything you wanna ask, wirte it on comments here below. We ll shoot it on thursday

My Question was if there are watching cob Covers on YouTube.

Could you please have the Lake & Reaper back in the artwork and make this album atmospheric like the old albums? I think the Lake and Reaper symbolize depression, suicide, drug abuse... It's a very interesting theme with clever symbolism.

Even if they don't answer this, they'll read it, and think about it.

Could you please have the Lake & Reaper back in the artwork and make this album atmospheric like the old albums? I think the Lake and Reaper symbolize depression, suicide, drug abuse... It's a very interesting theme with clever symbolism.

the answer is: MAYBE(with suppressed laughter)

No offense, but you should leave this out. I understand what you are saying, but they will think it's weird if they see it. Besides didn't Alexi attempt suicide? No one typically likes to look back on those ordeals, unless they're in a DSBM band.

Also, the "atmosphere" questions are way to broad. But maybe Henkka(most intelligent member IMO) will be able to answer them more clearly.