COB start writing new album

HCDR has stronger links to 9/11 and even that is a retarded statement.

You're right, I'd forgotten. Surely that album artwork raised some eyebrows in the Yanks. It's just a way to stimulate subconscious feelings in the viewer, as they can't automatically connect the meanings but they feel something awkward about it. September 11th was a busy day for Roy the Reaper...

Well I wasn't asking you I wanted to ask Alexi or Henkka.

You can still send those questions to Henkka. And I would not mind if Alexander did write melodies for the new album, I'm under the impression he was responsible for many of the good melodies.

the people that post on this forum are so fucking weird.. hahahaha

+873783 I think first I was being straight like my style is, then somebody got butthurt for me being so cruel, then I try to apologize in my way and explain, then somebody calls me faggot, it's always like this.

I've asked Henkka one album related question and one not:

Why finally 10 songs instead of 9?

If they ever got to listen to the Black Widow cover collaboration we made in the Guitar Players thread in the Off Topic section.

If anyone wants to listen to that, here it goes:

Haven't you said you like or want to have MORE lead melodies? And now you said you want less melodies?

Anyways, a perfect song for me or... let's say if it would be possible in any way I would like to hear a song with the intro of trashed, the verse of NMF, the chorus of SK, the bridge of Trashed, the solo of ETID and the ending of AYDY (since this would be a really fast song, the Ugly solo would better fit).

If they do that ever then they better quit after that, because there's no way such thing could be topped :lol:

I think the same. What I do also miss are songs like Northern Comfort (which has atmosphere as fuck) or songs like the older versions of COB and Towards Dead End. Btw. when was the first version of COB and TDE recorded? If it was recorded during the SW time, I wonder how SW turned out so "bad" because those two songs are waaaay better than any song SW.

Suposedly they were recorded in the same studio session, I think. But I may be wrong. It's true they sound a bit better than SW, but they're in the same vibe. Maybe same recording session but some extra mixing/mastering when they relased it.

Towards Dead End and Children Of Bodom are the tracks that suck the most in the Hatebreeder soundworld, which seems to be perfected for the first tracks on the album.

What the fucking what? Are you talking about writing or actual sound? All the songs in HB have the same instrument tones, mix and master basically, besides being "computer precission" recorded as Alexi said, but the weak link in sound if any I find it to be BOR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, there are new items in COB webshop titled "End of the world", maybe that's the title of the new album? Anyway, can't wait for the new album, the samples have been very interesting. :)

http://shop.cobhc.com/
Beat me to it! The rumor of the day is still Lake themed, but I wouldn't be all too surprised if they did the album with that shirt design.

I believe that design has been on one of the tour shirts before..
There we go:
2923624.jpg

End of the World tour 2009.

It's actually a clichéic thing with the Reaper holding the planet, it's just funny not very serious. And the scythe is again not very serious.

I think a night Lake Bodom with a thunger storm drawing the black figure of the Reaper at the Lake... It would work, if it describes the soundworld. I just posted this without thinking at all at the mobile backstage, not meant as question for the video but just to pass the idea forward...

Its an extremely cool design imo. Ive got a couple of the shirts, but not with the tour days on the back. Havent been there, not going to get those. But fcking coool design !!

Its not about the freshness or the new ideas its just about the coolness. The reaper thing is extremely overused already. And that pic is cool

Its not like CoB overused it, everything overused it(everybody know what is that and its not interesting). If they got the right color and an epic background for the cover it would be great.

Oookayyy... So the album recording is starting to be about ready now? Maybe vocals and some solos or keyboards still missing? I'd really like some exciting news. Very detailed, how is it, what's it like, how's it sound like...

There's more bass feel to it (which is something the Hatebreeder studio record lacks) but otherwise the original is better.