COB start writing new album

Right now I'm waiting for the announcement on the name of the new COB album that is supposed to be their "return to the roots", so you can throw a wild guess how much I care about arguing with you right now.

Right now I'm waiting for the announcement on the name of the new COB album that is supposed to be their "return to the roots", so you can throw a wild guess how much I care about arguing with you right now.

No, it's not supposed to be a ''return to the roots'' album and no one has said that. Maybe your imagination said so but that doesn't count.

No, it's not supposed to be a ''return to the roots'' album and no one has said that. Maybe your imagination said so but that doesn't count.

Im not expecting a return to the roots either, but more like a touch the roots kinda thing.

While waiting we could have fun guessing on the album title. Im sure u Joonas could master out something deep, as well as for the cover btw lol.

:headbang:

You'd guess we'd have gotten it by this point if there were going to be a COBTV, but the Henkka interview never showing up is kind of a letdown. Anyhow, if release is to be june, maybe we start to get stuff soon, after all june is only 3 months away.

I just hope the release isn't being postponed to Autumn... don't really want this desperate waiting to ensue thorough the long-awaited summer.

Why would it be postponed? The tour is scheduled in June right after the release, and almost everything is mixed by now. No logic in your statement there.

I really can't comprehend this back to the roots thing. in the first place, if someone claims that he wants to go back to the roots, he has admitted the he has lost the roots. and the second thing is that this back to the roots is an absolute commercial trick. that happened to many bands and they turned out to be epic failures...

I just want bodom to make something completely new but with the blood of COB running in it's veins...

You must be new here, no offense.

BUT since I know Bodom can keep their release-dates and stuff.

Some other albums were postponed in the past, or the release date first mentioned was over-optimistic. It's quite weird that the release is just three months away and there's pretty much nothing yet. Maybe it's standard procedure and they're just saving the hype closer to the release...

What comes to the album... I think they're intending to regain the good elements of the old albums, while keeping their preferred elements of the new albums. Don't be silly and think going "back to the roots" means they'll start doing neo-classical stuff and some other weird things again. If they tried to totally mimic the old albums that would just be stupid.

It's the erotic melodies, perilous riffs and dark atmosphere I want back from the old albums, as well as the Lake & Reaper mythology.

I'd rather take the Captain Cunt and the monkey (Shakma) mythlology. Are You Dead Yet? is their best and deepest album to date. I hear so many deep mystical atmospheric things in it. Anyone who disagrees with me must be either deaf or emotionally disabled. I know this because I'm good at sensing things and vibes out of things. Also, debating this is futile because I know I'm right.

:´D

This made my day

A few weeks ago you said the only way you wouldn't be disappointed is if they did FTR pt. 2. Get it together man.

It is posts like these that force me to sound negative and 'Eric Cartman' at times. I confront people with friendliness and respect unless I have to set them straight. The whole Eric Cartman thing was hilarious. I have it together. I just need to fix things I said cos some of you keep altering it...

I said the only thing that would ever get me excited after this new album if it turns out to be crap, they would have to directly promise they're making FTR pt. 2. RRF was supposed to be the best album which it wasn't in my opinion, and this is supposed to be some form of "return to the roots" which we've been dreaming for, and if I'm disappointed with this then nothing will ever get me excited for another COB album no matter what they say...

At the moment I am naturally very excited for their surprising promise, although slightly skeptical or realist.

I don't even believe Janne when he says it could be between HB and FTR. Can any band reclaim the heart they had with their cult albums? It could be easy to mimic the technicality but what about the heart? Remains to be seen. I just think it will be heavy and dark and have more feeling than the last album. He also says it could be between FTR and HCDR, same thing he said about AYDY. These comparisons by the band members can be deluding cos they view their shit in a different way as they're technically so close to the material.

Now if COB have been paying ANY attention to what goes on in their fanzine, they should know the sentence fans have been dreaming of hearing for the last decade is "return to the roots", but none have believed it to ever happen, as Alexi has defended his new material by talking down the old material on occasions. Suddenly Alexi like came to his senses and all. I've been saying all along for thousands of times they should become darker and more atmospheric again and take back the Lake theme to the artwork, well I'm just glad and excited if it's finally happening.

It is posts like these that force me to sound negative and 'Eric Cartman' at times. I confront people with friendliness and respect unless I have to set them straight. The whole Eric Cartman thing was hilarious. I have it together. I just need to fix things I said cos some of you keep altering it...

I said the only thing that would ever get me excited after this new album if it turns out to be crap, they would have to directly promise they're making FTR pt. 2. RRF was supposed to be the best album which it wasn't in my opinion, and this is supposed to be some form of "return to the roots" which we've been dreaming for, and if I'm disappointed with this then nothing will ever get me excited for another COB album no matter what they say...

At the moment I am naturally very excited for their surprising promise, although slightly skeptical or realist.

I don't even believe Janne when he says it could be between HB and FTR. Can any band reclaim the heart they had with their cult albums? It could be easy to mimic the technicality but what about the heart? Remains to be seen. I just think it will be heavy and dark and have more feeling than the last album. He also says it could be between FTR and HCDR, same thing he said about AYDY. These comparisons by the band members can be deluding cos they view their shit in a different way as they're technically so close to the material.

Now if COB have been paying ANY attention to what goes on in their fanzine, they should know the sentence fans have been dreaming of hearing for the last decade is "return to the roots", but none have believed it to ever happen, as Alexi has defended his new material by talking down the old material on occasions. Suddenly Alexi like came to his senses and all. I've been saying all along for thousands of times they should become darker and more atmospheric again and take back the Lake theme to the artwork, well I'm just glad and excited if it's finally happening.

thank you for your daily diary entry

Damn, stop complaining about ALL Joonas says.
I really enjoy reading some interestings point of views of COB music and dreaming about what can we expect in June.

Yes, he almost says the same thing over and over but I prefer that than... I don't know, I think I just enjoy reading interesting posts, blame me for that :rofl:

Damn, stop complaining about ALL Joonas says.
I really enjoy reading some interestings point of views of COB music and dreaming about what can we expect in June.

Yes, he almost says the same thing over and over but I prefer that than... I don't know, I think I just enjoy reading interesting posts, blame me for that :rofl:

I find his posts interesting as well! But yeah it'd be great if they released the album and the title right about now...