COB start writing new album

Where are the fucking news?

This is what I've been thinking almost every single fucking day when I come here excited and there's never any news.

It will be very exciting however, if they can contain the news and release the whole shit at once: album artwork, title, songlist. I'd like that. There's no reason to do otherwise now that there's been an absolute minimum of news. It's like you never even knew Bodom's making this album, and the next thing is you see the whole fucking thing.

I still have hard time believing the silence means they're just too busy and excited working on the album that they can't even say they're excited about it. I refuse to even think this one will blow, after being compared to the old albums.

I hope it's exciting and not just a boring let-down. I pray I will see some trees and a lake in the artwork... I have some kind of vision how this album's going to be, and if it's different from my vision then I would be surprised. It's just some 3 months until the release and there's no information. But I guess it would be even more painful if there was news and you'd have to wait to actually get it in your hands.

Can't really wait for the first review from the listening party. It's so exciting, however often blown out of proportion and confusing, but you get a picture of how the music is. It's always claimed to be the best album, but the important thing is the description of the music.

We know by Mika Jussila that the album is full done and ready.
That means a surely tracklist done and maybe the artwork is being finished as we talk.

I'm sure (or atleast I pray too) that March will end with some very exciting news. With RRF they released the tracklist + cover the same day, isn't?

Maybe some days to the title.

I repeat, all the work is done. The silence is just 'cause they're doing the promo stuff and all that. I think :rofl:

I think this time they want to torture us even more and I would no longer be surprised if we get nothing for another few weeks.

I hope the shit is epic.

I think this time they want to torture us even more and I would no longer be surprised if we get nothing for another few weeks.

I hope the shit is epic.

So long im listening to Soilworks new stuff!

Btw Bodom is also now on Nuclear Blast, they should release something too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah cmon, a COB TV clip by now would be nice indeed !

That'd indeed be great.

I hope the shit is epic.

Yeah, but it's also too close for no news, don't you think? I mean, the album was supposed to be a may/june release, right? And anyways they have june full of festivals, so I don't see them doing promotion then plus I'd asume they'll want to have the album ready so they can play some new songs.

That'd have them releasing it end of may/beginning of june, which means in about 2 and 1/2 months. Considering a single is always out about a month before the album, normally now it's about time we'd start getting something.

I hope ''back to the roots'' isn't just a salestrick but that it actually holds some truth. I was so excited about RRF but the only song that I liked every part of was Roundtrip...
It's pointing in the right direction though, fingers crossed.

Hi to you all btw, I've been lurking in this forum for some 5 years but couldn't be arsed to make a user until now!:kickass:
Oh and Joonas, I usually agree with pretty much everything you say. My opinion exactly, spot on man!

Wasn;t the release date confirmed to be June 8th or something like that? Which means they have a little less than 3 months. A single will be released early May, and to hype that they should give details about that mid April at the latest. Other info such as the cover, tracklist etc. will probably be given as soon as they get the green light. Which can't be far from the day the album is done

So I think we will get some info within the next 2 weeks max.

I hope ''back to the roots'' isn't just a salestrick but that it actually holds some truth. I was so excited about RRF but the only song that I liked every part of was Roundtrip...
It's pointing in the right direction though, fingers crossed.

Hi to you all btw, I've been lurking in this forum for some 5 years but couldn't be arsed to make a user until now!:kickass:
Oh and Joonas, I usually agree with pretty much everything you say. My opinion exactly, spot on man!

Welcome to the forum bro! Enjoy your stay and share your thoughts about anything or what you like :)

About the album: The New DT album also coming out(3 months) but theres is no news only the name of the album. Nothing, but its totally done.
I think we just have to wait, listen to soilwork, hypocrisy and have fun till the new album comes out!

Wasn;t the release date confirmed to be June 8th or something like that? Which means they have a little less than 3 months. A single will be released early May, and to hype that they should give details about that mid April at the latest. Other info such as the cover, tracklist etc. will probably be given as soon as they get the green light. Which can't be far from the day the album is done

So I think we will get some info within the next 2 weeks max.

I haven't seen a release date, but it does make sense around then, maybe a bit earlier since first festival is on the 7th, but yeah, hopefully things are coming soon.

i don't know if you noticed that COB is giving single information per month. f.e last news were related in 23 february then earlier was 25 January etc.
So i think,they gonna post something new about album at the end of the month (about 25 march) imo.

Remember this post?
Current Nuclearblast-magazine writes:
"Defined goal for Children Of Bodom in 2013 is to sound much more "back to the roots" and thus to directly take up the bands' classics like Something Wild and Hatebreeder. Furthermore they'll work together with Graham French again, the artist who has created the classic album covers of the bands' early era. Album release is planned for June, a European tour is about to follow in autumn.
Release date 07th of June, according to them.
It was written 3 weeks ago (23 of February).

I hope to be that the real release date. Does make sense, because in June they are starting Summer festivals.

Hypocrisy which have a very lazy FB page are nowadays really active and giving information about their forthcoming release! but bodom is mysteriously hiding everything.

this is definitely thought about! they have a purpose! what do they mean to say with this?

this is latest update from Hypocrisy

Hi Freaks!
We are going to film a new video clip of "Tales Of Thy Spineless" from the upcoming album “End Of Disclosure” during the release show on March 22, in Stockholm.
Make sure to be in the first row and you will be in the new video!!
See you there! m/

I wish I could go there.

In a way it would be cool and exciting for an artist to not speak about their art before it's being released. Any other band I love except COB only annoy me with their pre-release verbal album updates cos I know it's most likely blown out of proportion or just marketing. It could be that, or it could be just laziness. If I was playing in Bodom, I would not have been interested to type anything about RRF. And since Alexi doesn't type... maybe we get nothing because they're not excited. Does it really serve anyone marketing wise to shut up about a new album until a few weeks before release that they start painting these transparent marketing slogans such as "it's so massive everyone will shit themselves". I'm just scared that after RRF this will be another disappointment as it's being kept quiet about even more so than RRF was. Hope I'm wrong and something great is coming.

I've been through this wait several times before and I know the release day will come eventually, and all that matters is if the shit's good or not. If it's good, it'll only get better with more listening.

I've been through this wait several times before and I know the release day will come eventually, and all that matters is if the shit's good or not. If it's good, it'll only get better with more listening.
The change of record label, the words from Jaska and Henkka and the almost one minute of new music in that Soundi video are telling me that is gonna be better than RRF. C'mon, it must be easy for Bodom create new music better or atleast more interesting than RRF.

Having mini Facebook video updates, knowing the release date, two title tracks, the name of the covers and all that shit makes me relieved.

Once we get artwork + tracklist + single date we'll be super anxyous for teasers and 30 seconds previews, haha...

I'm pretty sure they release one or two singles on the internet before album release. I'm against all this dripping of music here and there, singles and 30 sec samples, cos it will make the actual album release feel lesser of an event. Well, just give some fucking news already.

Some news is OK, but I don't want too much too soon. Shit gets hyped up way to fast, way to soon, and by the time the CD comes out, your like, oh yea, COB has a new album. I remember when RRF came out the cd was leaked a few weeks before the actual release date and that just ruins the official release. I would hate for that to happen to them with this album. I also hope they do some sort of bundle, where we can get the CD with a shirt or something like that.

I am hoping for the best from this album, and can't wait to hear it and see which direction they went with it.

Hypocrisy which have a very lazy FB page are nowadays really active and giving information about their forthcoming release! but bodom is mysteriously hiding everything.

this is definitely thought about! they have a purpose! what do they mean to say with this?

this is latest update from Hypocrisy

I wish I could go there.

Yeah but Hypocrisys album is being released in 9 days so it makes sense to post about it frequently ;)

I just think it's nice when there's no news like this, it makes you not really think about it to often cause you aren't expecting anything, and now it's right under/around 3 months until the release, meaning that the next big chunk of news will probably be the tracklisting, artwork and possibly even the first single!

Can't wait for that. I wonder if they'll pick out a single that stands out more from the album (like WIWI from RRF), or a song that is a representative of the albums general sound.

I definitely prefer starting getting the real news closer to the albums release rather than getting the damn tracklisting and artwork like 4 months prior to release...

I just want a 10 second sample to find out if they have rediscovered the atmosphere or not. A sample that represents the general sound of the album.

I just want a 10 second sample to find out if they have rediscovered the atmosphere or not. A sample that represents the general sound of the album.

That's practically an impossible task to produce something that short that will represent the general sound of the album. You'll pretty much need a whole song in my opinion.