COB start writing new album

The vocals are better than the previous album. So far the song sounds a bit repetitive, but I'll give it a few more listens.

Fuck me that was unexpected and good! I definitely dig Alexi's renewed aggressiveness on the vocals, and overall aggressiveness of the song. The solo is very Alexi style but very cool too, and group shouts well placed. I am more than happy with this as a first song, and absolutely fits what they said on a review of "no intros this time, straight to the throat".

Thanks a lot tonsa for the upload, and the quality is quite good to be a radio rip ;)

Damn it just gets BETTER and better for each listen.

I love in the main riff how the keyboard is so atmospheric and eerie sounding. I don't know what band reminds me of but it's something. Maybe Dissection.

I was also thinking of Dissection!

The track was good,I don't get how people compare that to the old albums tho.
Fast-tempo drums,aggressive vocals and orchestral hits and stuff were surely missed but is that enough to say this album is gonna sound anything like the first ones?I honestly don't think so.

But still,nice track I liked it...I reckon there's gonna be some interesting stuff in the new album

I think Alexi finallly understood that you don't need super complicated riffs in order to make a good song, most of the riffs he played during verses and sometimes even main riffs in the first albums were very simple, and the melody played over them was what made them great, but playing complex riffs like the one in Shovel Knockout and other recent songs made it hard for a "simple" enjoyable melody to be played over them.

Now this song is not led by melodies, but the simple AND enjoyable riffs are there, it's a great sign.

AWESOME! And cool pictures, that video will be epic! I was hoping for some kind of short story video too. Not just a band standing in abandoned garages like they always used to. I can imagine me going fuckin nuts when I will hear that song live!

And... what a guitar tone in the solo. Great!

Now compare this to their best song ever - WIWI :D lmao.

Wow, didn't expect to get to hear a whole song so soon! Seems quite weird to play a new song without any announcement on a random net radio. I wonder whether the radio really was allowed to do that.

Well, anyway, I liked the song a lot. The black metal influence sounded nice and Alexi's vocals were devinitely improved.

I think Alexi finallly understood that you don't need super complicated riffs in order to make a good song, most of the riffs he played during verses and sometimes even main riffs in the first albums were very simple, and the melody played over them was what made them great, but playing complex riffs like the one in Shovel Knockout and other recent songs made it hard for a "simple" enjoyable melody to be played over them.

Now this song is not led by melodies, but the simple AND enjoyable riffs are there, it's a great sign.

I think they said this album is more technical as well, or at least some stuff...They obviously want to improve their playing for each album. But this song obviously isn't uber-technical, just a fucking awesome black metal tremolo riff, you can never go wrong with that.

The track was good,I don't get how people compare that to the old albums tho.
Fast-tempo drums,aggressive vocals and orchestral hits and stuff were surely missed but is that enough to say this album is gonna sound anything like the first ones?I honestly don't think so.

But still,nice track I liked it...I reckon there's gonna be some interesting stuff in the new album

There's lots of old bodom elements in this song for me. Those you mentioned and one I noticed is those screams combined with growl, like in Mask Of Sanity's verse :)

E: And it's hard to say yet, we've heard only 1 full song

It makes me think about [Immortal - Tyrants] for a little part (1:23-1:39)

And by the way, I would like to make tabs for this album so if someone also starts something, tell me :D

sounds like a NOT MY FUNERAL part 2
or a LOBODOMY part 2.
from the sound preview and the song 'halo of blood', the album seems to be a BLOODRUNK part 2.
well we'll see..

I don't understand how people can compare this to Blooddrunk or whatever, it literally sounds NOTHING like Bodom has done before, at least not the BM main riff, and the vocals he's doing is a new kind of style (mostly), I wouldn't really compare it to anything previous that Bodom has done. Never once has they used blast beats like this before either.

To the guy above, in what world does this sound like either Not My Funeral or Lobodomy, lol? Not even close. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way or anything just genuinely wondering.

I must agree with you dude. but i could not understand why people called it melodic black metal. No its a pure black metal. nothing to do with melodic shit. u must have noticed that any catchy melody was there but black riffing a la burzum or satyricon. it was very dry. the only thing why i liked it is that it's BODOM.

This honestly sounds pretty fresh to me. It's got that dark, mysterious, evil atmosphere going on. Kinda like the early days. The rhythm guitar under the solo does sound like the rhythm guitar under Roope's solo in Not My Funeral though. But other than that it's pretty fresh and it's an awesome song in my opinion.