COB start writing new album

Those vocals give me great amounts of hope. Are they Hatebreeder level? No, but they get the fucking job done.

it gets better with every listen , on loops ever since i saw that post lol , it's a new direction and it's true that it's kinda "dry" but i am positively sure that the album will be wet, literally lol .
I'm so happy though :)

Protip: If you are super excited about the song and think it is somewhat comparable to the first albums, do NOT listen to the older songs. It will make you weep because Halo of Blood misses so much that made classic Bodom.
Instead, listen to some BD or most songs of RRF. That will make you happy about the progress they've made in the last year.

sounds very fresh. Vocals are spot on, that sream-ish growl around 1:39 literally melted my face. blast beats as Jaska said, I dig them. not sure if its because of bad quality, but I think some background keyboard melodies would add a lot to this song not just orchestral hits. guitar work is simple and good. Solo was meh, typical resemblance to another one that I can't quite remember now. kinda kills the whole vibe set beforehand. overall, great song. can't wait to get in the pit for this one.

I don't understand how people can compare this to Blooddrunk or whatever, it literally sounds NOTHING like Bodom has done before, at least not the BM main riff, and the vocals he's doing is a new kind of style (mostly), I wouldn't really compare it to anything previous that Bodom has done. Never once has they used blast beats like this before either.

To the guy above, in what world does this sound like either Not My Funeral or Lobodomy, lol? Not even close. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way or anything just genuinely wondering.

The verse is almost identical to the NMF verse. The only bit that sounds out of the Bodom soundworld is the chorus. It's sick though. Way better than the first songs we heard from RRF and BD.

I just made something like 20 measures but I'm not really experiment with tabbing so it's not perfect at all :lol: but it seems okay :D

Could you send me the tab when it's done? I don't really care if it's not 100% spot on, I just want to learn as much as possible for the meantime (before the release)

Hmm... I've listened to it a good number of times now. This is so so much different than anything I've ever heard from COB I don't even know how to react to it. That main riff/melody doesn't exactly grab me, and the solos just seem like some random Alexi lead licks put together. I really like the verse, though, especially with the keyboard. Interesting song but not really digging it just yet.

Someone should try tabbing out what we have from the first impressions rip. I absolutely love the riff that's played underneath the Nuclear Blast employees talking.

One thing that's also fucking genious and doomy about this song... 0:05 - 0:06. The scream at 1:40 also new and I like it, it's like exaggeration of one's own power... It's a great song... the verse riff is maybe too sterile and causes a little distraction in the sexual momentum, but I'm not complaining, this is what I wanted... I hope this kind of dark magic feel is present thorough the album. I actually think dark blue colors would fit this music better in terms of artwork, but it's got that northern cold and harsh desert vibe to it, I guess it'll look nice when the white artwork is held as the stage background and you have light shades such as blue reflecting and colouring it. The winter is a great and essential theme for Bodom. Every year our nature that is a lush paradise at summer turns into a pitiless inferno at winter. I guess you could also think this as the root cause for the birth of melancholic nordic metal.

Maybe they gave away this song too easy... but I don't mind. Still, why not publish it as a single officially on their website instead of letting this radio rip thing happen. Maybe it's just another way for them to say they don't give a fuck... But I'm happy this time they gave more fuck about the art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tab will be available eventually tomorrow (Only hearable guitar(s) and maybe drums, but nothing more due to the "bad" quality) on ultimate guitar (check out my UG account). I've also recorded a youtube cover for it but I'm not sure if I will upload it just to showcase the first cover for it. It's a pretty simple song but I'm not sure about all the notes due to the bad quality which I've mentioned before.
And yes, I'm doing tabs for all songs for the upcoming album but I won't upload them here so be sure to check out my UG channel from time to time.

Cheers!

Good shit.

Yeah, I spent like 10 minutes with my guitar and basically learned all of the riffs.

Now if Epi can make the backing tracks also for this album we'll be all set... nothing like the first few weeks of a new COB album.