COB start writing new album

One thing that's also fucking genious and doomy about this song... 0:05 - 0:06. The scream at 1:40 also new and I like it, it's like exaggeration of one's own power... It's a great song... the verse riff is maybe too sterile and causes a little distraction in the sexual momentum, but I'm not complaining, this is what I wanted... I hope this kind of dark magic feel is present thorough the album.

This in total is what gives metal fans a bad name. It's metal to enjoy and make you feel good.. nothing sexual, power driven, sterile about it. It's hard driven music...... But I love the new song, would have loved maybe a more melodic guitar lead but the black metal tones had me feeling evil.

I'm in fucking love with his heavy usage of death growls in the song. And I love when it's 2 layered, one shriek and one death growl, sounds like a possessed demon screaming.

And I don't know if you've noticed, but there's awesome atmospheric keyboards on the verse that starts around 1:02.

fucking awesome! this song is growing on me after every listen. it fit the artwork aswell with a dark nocturnal sky with full moon and wintersnow.
i feel the bodom madness on it.

and btw the record is the best they ve done so far. bass & drums IN YOUR FACE! what a bass sound at the end!
guitar tone is between RRF and FTR!

2:06 - 2:09 reminds me "are you dead yet" solo
2:16 - 2:21 reminds me of some kalmah melodies
2 last note are the same 2 laste not from "tast of my scyth"
main riff reminds clearly "Not my funeral"

Tab will be available eventually tomorrow (Only hearable guitar(s) and maybe drums, but nothing more due to the "bad" quality) on ultimate guitar (check out my UG account). I've also recorded a youtube cover for it but I'm not sure if I will upload it just to showcase the first cover for it. It's a pretty simple song but I'm not sure about all the notes due to the bad quality which I've mentioned before.
And yes, I'm doing tabs for all songs for the upcoming album but I won't upload them here so be sure to check out my UG channel from time to time.

Cheers!

Could you link me to your UG channel?

sounds like a NOT MY FUNERAL part 2
or a LOBODOMY part 2.
from the sound preview and the song 'halo of blood', the album seems to be a BLOODRUNK part 2.
well we'll see..

In what universe does this sound like NMF? And if anything you could say it's an improved Lobodomy style song, because yes, there's a vibe to it, but this is way better. Lobodomy leaves nothing in your head after listening. It took exactly one listen for the "HALO! OF BLOOD!" chorus and the solos to stick in my mind in this one. And the other preview sounds nothing like Blooddrunk.

I swear I hear Roope's work in some moments of the soloing part.. anyone feels the same?

I didn't think about it at first, but you may be right. The first solo (1:57-2:06) does sound extra crispy (which would happen considering Roope uses a metal pick) and is not Alexi style like the second one, good catch.

Tab will be available eventually tomorrow (Only hearable guitar(s) and maybe drums, but nothing more due to the "bad" quality) on ultimate guitar (check out my UG account). I've also recorded a youtube cover for it but I'm not sure if I will upload it just to showcase the first cover for it. It's a pretty simple song but I'm not sure about all the notes due to the bad quality which I've mentioned before.
And yes, I'm doing tabs for all songs for the upcoming album but I won't upload them here so be sure to check out my UG channel from time to time.

Cheers!

Why not here anymore, don't you like us anymore? :D Looking forward to them ;)

Nobody thanks me and I am the one who took the hate for saying I heard it on Liquid Metal...:p

Also, Liquid Metal/XM Radio is a subscription based satellite radio (I guess only in the US?). I am actually surprised there was a free way to listen to it on the Internet actually. This was indeed the song I heard but, like I said, the radio in the car was not very loud and I kind of noticed it halfway through. I thought it definately sounded like a band from Europe and not the US and I was curious as to who it was since this station rarely plays non US bands unfortunately. When I saw it was Bodom I was a bit surprised because I noticed I really couldn't hear any keys and there were quite a bit of blastbeats. It was such a surprise to hear it I just couldn't really retain how it sounded.

I can see how maybe they got an exclusive from the new album as a couple weeks ago when I was listening to the station in the car the DJ said something about how he was going to talk to Alexi "later" and how if you have never heard of COB then you should check them out. Then he proceeded to play Sixpounder. They DO sometimes play stuff from EU its just they are waaay too into the US (especially core) scence on that station. I only listen to that station on the rare occasion I am driving my gf's car because she has the XM Radio in it.

E: Oh, and I also find it amusing that Joonas was one of the ones to give me a hard time and not only was I right, but it ends up being the first thing Bodom has done in many albums that has given him any decen't amount of interest/hope for the band.

The combination of the blast beat and the groovy drum parts sounds a little forced to me but I love the more aggressive vibe of the band. I hope they did it better in the rest of the record.

You know, those last two notes (the Taste of my Scythe ending) sounds really out of place to me now. It just doesn't fit the sing overall. It's not enough to make me dislike the song though. As a matter of fact, I start to really like the song. It might be close to getting in my top 5 songs from the last albums.

Maybe it's generic and "simple", but its growing on me a lot.

I think its a step forward in their career, to do such brave and brutal song.

It would be an epic song if those melodies at the end were at the entire song.

I'm looking forward to Bodom Blue Moon and all those melodies that stuck in your head all day.

E: Oh, and I also find it amusing that Joonas was one of the ones to give me a hard time and not only was I right, but it ends up being the first thing Bodom has done in many albums that has given him any decen't amount of interest/hope for the band.

I don't understand this sentence, you being right about what? This is what I was hoping to see.