COB start writing new album

I think next week or the one after we should know the title of the album. Will it be "Screaming Stupid Shit" or actually an interesting title?

I think it should be called "der Spunk Krieg"

Tracklist, title and artwork for RRF was released on november, 4 months before the release.

If 8#Album is going to be released in june, there should be now this kind of info.
I think they are now putting the final touches, so at the end of the month the album should be done, with the mixing and mastering shit.

I don't expect nothing until the first week of March.

Just a couple weeks ago Alexi only had two song titles in mind, not even lyrics for the other songs. I think it'll take time still. I guess the artwork is in process now and by now Alexi should've come up with all the lyrics, he's maybe recording them now with Peter (in LA or Finland?). I'm guessing the recordings will be done after next week or so, and maybe when they announce the recordings are completed they announce the album title also. Artwork and track list maybe 4-5 weeks from now.

I'm guessing 7 days until album title. That'll already be a hot topic, together with the other hype and maybe some kind of description of the music. This time it's been very quiet and I just hope it's because they're focused on making art and not because they're frustrated with lack of good material. Anything can come out: a shit artwork with shit titles and shit music, or the most clever and artistic artwork with an exciting return to the old-fashioned Bodom and an epic soundworld. They'd really have to fuck up bad if I like it worse than RRF, it's practically impossible, unless they focus deliberately on making shit. I just fail to understand what the hell is up with making boring riffs with a boring sound world when you could create the most genious style of metal and easily experiment with soundworlds.

With all the cool ideas I've given them starting from album artwork, if they come up with something shit instead, I'm gonna feel a bit empty. All I know so far is two song titles of which the other is really good and I'm excited by the band describing it sort of similar to the past albums. I'm not asking for all my ideas to come true with the Lake and Reaper and darkness and an atmospheric perverted alien sound world, I just hope it's really ligette and atmospheric in whatever style of metal it chooses to be.

I just fail to understand what the hell is up with making boring riffs with a boring sound world when you could create the most genious style of metal and easily experiment with soundworlds.

Well honestly in the past few albums the riffs have been much more interesting than those on the early ones, and I understand why they would do that. They've all been playing for so long the earlier material is probably boring for them to play now so they try to make more difficult music to play for more excitement. I'm completely with you though, while I think the newer albums are "cool" and are much more fun to play, they just don't have any "atmosphere" as you say.

Joonas, would you relax already with the RRF bashing? It's getting more ridiculous with every day that goes by. I don't know what sort of evil you find in it, because it is not even half as bad as you claim it to be, it's actually a pretty good album. Seriously, I would understand if you were just bashing it for the sake of bashing and "OMG everythingpastFTRsucks", but after you claiming a while ago that actually BD is better in pretty much every facet, well, let's just say I'm questioning your judgement to avoid saying something harsher. And btw, I actually popped BD back in for a full spin last week (something that hadn't occurred for over a year at least, wonder why that may be), and for the life of me I can't understand where you're coming from: besides the lackuster and waaaaaaaaay too muddy and dry guitar and overall tone, half of the album sounds just thrown together for the sake of it (Lobodomy, DWEDFN and RM the biggest cases), you listen to them and pretty much nothing sticks to you. Same goes for ODYC besides the chorus, and the repetitiveness on BD (the song) is beyond belief (yes, I know WIWI tops it easily, but WIWI is a one off in RRF, I think we can all agree on that).
In RRF all of the songs (besides WIWI) have more than one part that sticks with you, and more than half are genuinely good and can stand side by side with most COB classics, something BD songs can't, as exemplified by current setlists and the compilation album's quota of BD songs. Plus tone is a gazillion times better and solos are actually inspired and exciting, something that only SPFTD, TMR and BFH accomplish in BD.

On everything else, I really hope whoever has the call on that acts as you say and we start getting actual information soon. Will make for a much more entertaining discussion if nothing else.

RRF is actually pretty good, to me it's better than blooddrunk and AYDY. The first three songs are sick, especially shovel knockout that song is really awesome. Pussyfoot miss suicide isnt bad either, and after a few listens cry of the nihilist has grown on me too. And the solo on ugly is awesome too. To top it all off RRF has a very good production as well so I don't see why you think it's their worst album, when it's the closest "return" to their former selves you will probably get.

Anyway, I really hope they give us something soon as well, since it's been nearly three weeks since they said Henkka's interview would be released.

Personally Im totally confused over Joonas, he goes from one corner to the other....But hey wtf, we all know he breathes COB. Joonas you would prolly go crazy over how the cables in the studio were layed out dude :p

Shovel, NMF, and Roundtrip were SO CLOSE to being perfect for my ears. The intro and trash verse for Shovel could have been better, but the rest of the song is some of the best COB ever. The first half of NMF's solo section could be better, as well as the prechorus. The solo in Roundtrip and the part where the singing is "please no don't let me go, hold me tight" both suck, but the rest is awesome. That's why I said before that RRF was very close to getting the modern COB sound right, because those three songs are very very good.. so close to great.

Why should there be a Scythes of Bodom when the band doesn't care about giving any information or to excite their fans on the eve of their new albums.

Just a couple weeks ago Alexi only had two song titles in mind, not even lyrics for the other songs. I think it'll take time still. I guess the artwork is in process now and by now Alexi should've come up with all the lyrics, he's maybe recording them now with Peter (in LA or Finland?). I'm guessing the recordings will be done after next week or so, and maybe when they announce the recordings are completed they announce the album title also. Artwork and track list maybe 4-5 weeks from now.
Nah dude, Peter was only there to oversee the vocal recording & keyboard stuff for like 10days from the beginning of February so he's definitely done there already. And Alexi already finished the lyrics before Peter came or at least he was almost finished with them when Peter came.

Source to back up my claim:
"Laiho is finishing up the lyrics for the songs so that they are ready when phase 3 kicks in at the beginning of February. Swedish producer Peter Tägtgren (PAIN, HYPOCRISY) will then travel over for a period of ten days to oversee the keyboard and vocal recordings."
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185236

Finally some news!

It's only the album artwork but I'm pretty stoked.

It should be a great album based on the artwork- the sound worlds I'm imagining are the lake being about -4 degrees Celsius based on how hard the reaper's nips are.

2iqn9xy.jpg

Release in early June 2013.
Songtitles: All Twisted & Slowdance on Nails
10 Songs + Coversongs
Janne says its between 3rd and 4th or even 2nd and 3rd album.

Finally some news!

It's only the album artwork but I'm pretty stoked.

It should be a great album based on the artwork- the sound worlds I'm imagining are the lake being about -4 degrees Celsius based on how hard the reaper's nips are.

2iqn9xy.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I wish they would actually use this as the cover.

I heard rumors that they experimented with multiple sound world, turned out to be quite great. Here is the new single(the name actually is "the Reaper Back Again" but the uploader didnt wanted to spoil the new album).

The drums are indeed aggressive, and the vocal is back to the FTR level! Its quite perverted and alien-ish especially the duck-goose metaphor connected with the reaper, like a materialization of the Death in a mortal body.

Last edited by a moderator:

I can tell you're from Australia. When it's minus 4 celcius, shit should be frozen.