COB start writing new album

Well that's exciting! If those songtitles are accurate I am pumped, they look very good. The "Halo" part makes me form a bad connection to Machine Head, but hopefully that word is all the new album will have in common with them. Pretty cool artwork, and even if the artist is not the one who did the old covers, it looks pretty old style. March 25th can't come soon enough!

Who says Jaska was bored of the slow song, because it was slow? Since when has the speed of a song determined how good it is? It was probably another mediocre crap song like Done that he was bored with because it was a messy pointless song... And who cares if a song is fast paced if it still sound slow and boring (like NPTD). In my eyes SNBN is their fastest song and also the best because of the creativity of melodies and riffs.

A slow song doesn't have to be boring, but for a drummer (and one into death and black metal like Jaska) a slow song can be pretty boring to play. A relief during live shows, but boring to record/play by itself. Not saying he actually feels like that, but it can be like that very often.

Thanks Sleeper. Was kind of puzzled on was Joonas trolling or not. I still remember the "Bodom of the Barrell" thing from the RRF thread somewhere between pages 60-70, although I never fell for it.

Bottom Of The Barrel is a great song by a member of this forum though, done for an album we did in the off topic section of the forum.

im VERY curious about the new bodom song "Blue bodom moon" i sincerely hope its back in the genre of the old days :D

I don't know about you guys, but the title of the 4th track (Transference) sounds fucking cool. It's not brutal or anything it just sounds badass and unlike any of their titles thus far. It's definitely my personal favourite title out of the tracklist...

I don't know about you guys, but the title of the 4th track (Transference) sounds fucking cool. It's not brutal or anything it just sounds badass and unlike any of their titles thus far. It's definitely my personal favourite title out of the tracklist...

Ditto. Sounds more like a Lost Horizon or Gamma Ray song title. I'm just hoping it's melodic.

Tracklisting:

1. Waste Of Skin 4:16
2. Halo Of Blood 3:12
3. Scream For Silence 4:09
4. Transference 3:58
5. Blue Bodom Moon 4:14
6. The Days Are Numbered 3:40
7. Dead Man's Hand On You 4:57
8. Damaged Beyond Repair 4:20
9. All Twisted 4:51
10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep 4:01

LMAO when I wrote ''Bodom Bloody Madness'' earlier I thought of the exact words ''Blue Bodom Moon'' too, what a fucking guess that was. All in all the titles are good/ok in my book.

LMAO when I wrote ''Bodom Bloody Madness'' earlier I thought of the exact words ''Blue Bodom Moon'' too, what a fucking guess that was. All in all the titles are good/ok in my book.

Haha that's awesome! And shit, did I write down "Blue Bodom Moon"? Because it's actually "Bodom Blue Moon". I must have confused the two words when I was typing out the track listing. Apologies to everyone who has been thinking it was "Blue Bodom Moon" this whole time LOL.

Album cover looks quite nice. Font of the album title is pretty bland though. Why put 'of' in a different font? Because it's just like Children of Bodom?
Tracklisting is surprisingly good. No really silly titles like Pussyfoot Miss Suicide (maybe One Bottle And A Knee Deep). Actually you can say that these are some of the more 'mature' titles of Bodom so far. And most titles seem to have a similar theme going on, which doesn't have to mean anything, but looks quite nice.

Oh, and the best part of the google translate:
the always well-spoken, articulate women drummer Jaska Raatikainen

So the impression I'm getting from google translate is that the album is much more a wall of sound approach, with slightly less melodies, but still has plenty of old-school Bodom influences..And track 10 seems like a waste of space.
We'll see...

Haha that's awesome! And shit, did I write down "Blue Bodom Moon"? Because it's actually "Bodom Blue Moon". I must have confused the two words when I was typing out the track listing. Apologies to everyone who has been thinking it was "Blue Bodom Moon" this whole time LOL.

Ah damn then :D At least I was thinking in the same vein as they were. Bodom Blue Moon does sound better though. A Bodom color sounds cooler than a Bodom moon.
Album cover looks quite nice. Font of the album title is pretty bland though. Why put 'of' in a different font? Because it's just like Children of Bodom?

Actually, the font is the same on the ''of'' as in the ''Children of Bodom'', it's the font on HALO and BLOOD that is a different font. I like it though. I love that the ''f'' looks like a reaper.

I don't understand a shit even using the google translator :rofl:

I tried to do better than Google and translate song descriptions, but original text is written really figuratively and I quickly noticed that my English is failing me big time with this piece of text. :Spin:

1. Goes straight to the point without intro. Angry Bodom style neo-thrash but compared to couple of the latest albums surprisingly melodic. Slick solo.
2. Start with spoken sample after which ton of bricks fall down. Heavy as a stone house and not any smoother. Song includes blast beat part and might be most death metalish – or at least angriest – Bodom in long time. One of the three best songs on the album.
3. Guitar melodies having hit potential. Guitar and keyboard are weirdly in-harmonic, that makes one think South of Heaven by Slayer (though it doesn't have keyboards). Vocals are without melody and expect the odd vibe song doesn't leave any recollections after first spin. Solos are pure gold as always.
4. Very angry song. Same kind of weird vibe as in previous one, but scales creating guitar/keyboard contrast meet sweetly in unisono point.
5. Harrowing, yanking lead workout, technical and orchestral hits that are familiar from 90s Bodom.
6. First song of the album having a riff that makes you want to have one man circle pit. Fastest song of the album, whiplaster-neckbreaker riffs and synth-staccato/orchestral hits having Warheart clarity. One of the three best songs on the album.
7. Weird Bodom western, time spent in States starts to make it appearance in the Alexi’s music. In Bodom framework song can be called almost ballad, but instead of sweet moments song is better fitted to running over cats with a road roller. Atmosphere is something like Metallica meets playing skills meets anxiety.
8. Good riff and angry song, spreads like flu but hurts more. Longest lead alternations. It’s weird that song maker lives most of the time in the sunny California but still makes their angriest album.
9. Starts with traditional 666 riff and briskness of the song is close to thrash. And we also got Jau Jau. One of the three best songs on the album, maybe best one.
10. Weird Humppa (humppa=Finnish music style) Punk song that limps weirdly. Verses pull and solos are like from other different tempo song. No recollection after first spin.

And hi CoCOB, Sleeper & Joonas :wave:

I tried to do better than Google and translate song descriptions, but original text is written really figuratively and I quickly noticed that my English is failing me big time with this piece of text. :Spin:

And hi CoCOB, Sleeper & Joonas :wave:

Many thanks, valkokukka, and great to see you back here :) (and to see you confirmed my guess at the translation of the phrase 'cats being run over by a steamroller' :lol: )

Thanks for the translation.

By this review it seems that is a Blooddrunk feat. Follow the Reaper.

The first tracks + the "ballad" are the most exciting to me.
---
I didn't expect the song titles today, this is like a big bonus, plus the lenght :D

- Waste of Skin: Gore. Its a new kind of title. Like it.
- Halo of Blood: Love it. So mysterious :D
- Scream For Silence: Like old Bodom. It reminds of Silent Scream. I fucking love that cover.
- Transference: Wow. It's... experimental? I don't know. It's cool, I like it :)
- Bodom Blue Moon: My favourite. I love putting a colour in a title.
- The Days Are Numbered: There are a lot of death in this album, isn't it? It's like a title of a horror movie. Not bad.
- Dead Man's Hand On You: Looooooooooots of death. It's cool, seems that Alexi is improving his writitng skills.
- Damage Beyond Repair: Weird. I don't like it very much.
- All Twisted: Well, I alredy talk about it. It's cool.
- One Bottle and a Knee Deep: Sounds so interesting. It reminds me so much to the lyrics of FTR (song).

All in all, I'm super happy with all this shit. I can't wait for the single.

@ mutran: you wrote 4 of the song titles wrong... Why not just copy paste? :)

1. Waste Of Skin 4:16
2. Halo Of Blood 3:12
3. Scream For Silence 4:09
4. Transference 3:58
5. Bodom Blue Moon 4:14
6. The Days Are Numbered 3:40
7. Dead Man's Hand On You 4:57
8. Damaged Beyond Repair 4:20
9. All Twisted 4:51
10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep 4:01

I was looking for references to the mythological side but the theme seems to be mostly about venting aggression and being in bad shape. I see a continuation of the theme where they left off. Whether these song titles are cool and interesting depends on whether they sound like thrashy fooling around, or epic atmospheric melodic metal.

Transference is a psychological term that basically means reflecting your own evil or your own beauty to another person and treating them in said ways.

Halo of Blood is the shortest, aggressive track with blastbeats.

Waste of Skin, is both thrashy and melodic.

Blue Bodom Moon... got some orchestral hits. Blue moon means the second full moon in a calendar month. I like the idea of expressing the fearfulness of a full moon with orchestral hits...

So... The Days Are Numbered is the fastest song ever by Bodom. It comes with catchy riffs and orchestral hits and clarity of sound.

Dead Man's Hand On You... Slowest song ever by Bodom... I don't understand the purpose of the title. Personal meaning?

I really hope there isn't any thrashy half-arsed tongue in cheek material. I want metal to be brutal and atmospheric.

It's quite a brutal and dark tracklist. I came up with some better titles myself back a while ago, but there's some I really like... some are nice, but some have potential to be epic, mainly 'Halo of Blood' which has this divine aura... and 'The Days Are Numbered' which is a pretty brave title and very promising.

So now let's see how the atmosphere and the lyrics are... before labeling this a return to the roots. But the artwork is spot on, it's what Bodom should be about: a northern (wintery) lakeside and the Reaper, that should be their most essential imago. The Reaper almost looks like an angel. Dark and beautiful. Didn't appear so exotic at first, because every fucking day here looks like this album cover, but it's so good and must be very exciting and awkward for most people. It captures the mythical dark force of the north. I pray the music lives according to it...

I suppose Damaged Beyond Repair is the unworthy title this time. I guess it's something most of people can relate to at least, to varying extents. Many people have health issues of some kind. Is it about the stomach issue preventing Alexi from drinking heavy anymore... Or is it about a car?

Why discard a sexy metal title such as Slowdance On Nails? Maybe it just didn't really describe any song.

My god, I was typing so fast I didn't notice that I wrote wrong these titles, sorry :p

Oh, it's Bodom Blue Moon, our friend ZOMG said upon our posts.

The translator made the 'Blue' come after the 'Bodom', weird.