Confessions of an Opeth Fan...Ghost Reveries and Faceculture interview...

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Hey, it's a miracle Mike even posts on the forums, with the things some people say on here!
Yes, because many a "bad-person" like yourself post with "L0L n3\/\/B".

Hey, forget you! I haven't done that for like, 3 days!!! Enough, seriously.

EDIT: Damn you post editer you said jackass dont deny it lol!

EDIT NUMBER DEUX: Okay, since were all a big hugpile (eww...) now, I guess it dont matter.

Thanks, Mikael, for putting your foot down!

(And, by the way - about wavelenghs... you're SO right.)

In my view GR is one of the greatest moments in the history of (any kind of) rock!!

I just love you, guys!
In a musical kind of way "obviously"! :Spin:

A am brand new to the forum so dont shoot me if i didnt do something right.

I started listening to Opeth with BWP which i thought was Awesome. I quickly snapped up all other Opeth albums and listened to them intently. Orchid is probably my least fav just from production standpoint, but otherwise it's as good as any other albums. The thing i like GR better than most other albums as a whole is because none of the songs fade out. Masters' Apprentices is my fav song, but it bugs me to no end because it fades out. Ghost of Perdition and Grand Conjuration i like just as much now along with most of theother ones because they end instead of fading out. When a song fades out it has to fit a theme of the song, otherwise it just seems unfished or the band didnt know what the fuck else to do.

Later!

Puzzlebox said:

I started listening to Opeth with BWP which i thought was Awesome. I quickly snapped up all other Opeth albums and listened to them intently. Orchid is probably my least fav just from production standpoint, but otherwise it's as good as any other albums. The thing i like GR better than most other albums as a whole is because none of the songs fade out. Masters' Apprentices is my fav song, but it bugs me to no end because it fades out. Ghost of Perdition and Grand Conjuration i like just as much now along with most of theother ones because they end instead of fading out. When a song fades out it has to fit a theme of the song, otherwise it just seems unfished or the band didnt know what the fuck else to do.

Later!

Well.... you may have a point, except that several riffs are created in the view that they will be used to fade out. Some riffs sound amazing fading out!

Puzzlebox said:

Later!

obsessive compulsive disorder? i can just picture you changing tracks before the fades begin, all while gritting your teeth and chain-smoking.

JoeVice said:
obsessive compulsive disorder? i can just picture you changing tracks before the fades begin, all while gritting your teeth and chain-smoking.

HAH. Not really though.

blimey, affinityband, Braighs and Tubbs, you guys are heroes!
Some others who didn't post on this thread too, but you guys are like the ground on which this forum is built for me!

Sure there were probably people like that before (who moved to the other forum or whatever...) but you guys all joined similar times (in the grand scheme of things) and just make this place feel like home! Also some other guys too, but this just seemed like a good time to mention it!

And there are guys who don't post so much anymore but add cool comments that you can tell have been here for a long time but they also are important in this forums greatness...

What a homo-erotic sounding post, haha, but its true. About those guys (not the sexual preferance thing) giving this place a nice feel with their friendly banter and such! :D

vampyrouss said:
Some others who didn't post on this thread too, but you guys are like the ground on which this forum is built for me!

Sure there were probably people like that before (who moved to the other forum or whatever...) but you guys all joined similar times (in the grand scheme of things) and just make this place feel like home! Also some other guys too, but this just seemed like a good time to mention it!

And there are guys who don't post so much anymore but add cool comments that you can tell have been here for a long time but they also are important in this forums greatness...

What a homo-erotic sounding post, haha, but its true. About those guys (not the sexual preferance thing) giving this place a nice feel with their friendly banter and such! :D

Wow. Thats awesome! We appreciate you too man! Homo, but great to hear :D (lol).

:oops: - I'd like to shout out to JoeVice while we're at it...and -vinty-. And almost everyone who posts here.
'cuz you are all hope for humanity (at least musicaly).

FUCK! :yell:

"I'm Jack's complete and utter R-A-G-E!"

How many times have you listened to GR, Tjames? Obviously you have lost it
and it is not surprising I read "junior" below your nick. I can agree that Grand
COnjuration aint the best song, but it is clearly a mood-setter! Some very
nice parts. And for the the other songs, they fucking own! The mellow songs
on GR are different, not less good, than former songs.

I beg Mike for forgivness on behalf of you. You crazy, crazy little man!
Don't always compare everything! If you want to compare then compare
Craig David with Usher or whatever I dont know. But dont come here and
give shit to something so pure.

Damn, what I'm I doing? I'm defending an album so brilliant and perfect that
doesn't need protecting. Oh well too late now.

MIKE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - the new record and everything else are
true geniusity! (Den där Tjames-killen vet inte vad han snackar om!)

Tjames you really stirred up hell - REPENT!

Mikael Akerfeldt is sooooo nice, even when he's angry. :)

I personally believe Opeth are above criticism at this time !

Ghost Reveries has been voted album of the year FFS !!

It has been an amazing musical trip for me to have discovered Opeth "2004" and finding that they have been in existence for so long and have an extensive back catalog to be explored.

In the old day's everything was played on national radio or the offshore pirate broadcasters...

Then Led Zeppelin came along, 'an albums band.' no single releases whatsoever, they were a huge success!

Yes I am an oldie here, 50+ :(

I am putting a story together in my head to post here with regard to how I bought all of Opeth Cd's and my reactions to each one, as each one arrived, not in chronological order :) but I won't have Deliverance for a day or three, I have all the others now :)

All for now, apart from one more comment for the thread starter and in support of "MA."

If the band your in starts playing different tunes...I'll see you on The Dark Side of the Moon. :)

For me, Ghost reveries is my favourate Opeth work.

I have been following the band all along and i am suprised by the fact that some people could rate this as Opeth's worst.

It just goes to show you that the world is full of weridos!

GR ownz you stupid NOOB!@~~~~~~~~~~~

weeeeeeeeee!

O_O!

+ tjames11 you are 11 years old !! hahahahah @_@; huhu o:

vampyrouss said:

Like, OMG man, you're great!