Dio Tribute "We're Stars" Song Discussion

Superfreak, if you'd like I'll send you my takes, I just don't think they'd do justice to the song when compared to the quality of the other vocal tracks...

-P

Yeah, I double tracked the shortino and dokken lines, and I double tracked the chorus.. I'll send you all the tracks and if they're good enough let me know, but I doubt they are :(

-Paul

I'll do Dokken with pleasure if it's needed.

No you didnt ;)

I could easily pull off the Dokken lines, just make the song a 3 singer job.

Pardon me while I butt in...just letting you know that one of the Dokken quality control monitors (me) will not accept anything less than perfection. ;) :D (just joking!) :headbang:

Y'all hurry up and finish this thing as I'm anxiously waiting to hear it!

Seems like you're talking about my vox line. No autotune at all, never using it on my vox, just my singing manner :)

What ever it is, it needs to be fixed: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/876568/fixthis.mp3

With that said, the rest of your lines are great! :)
But that particular part makes me cringe so bad. ;X

And i just want to say this to whoever will end up doing the Dokken parts: Fail, and i will burn you alive and eat your burnt carcass with thousand island dressing! ;)

And i just want to say this to whoever will end up doing the Dokken parts: Fail, and i will burn you alive and eat your burnt carcass with thousand island dressing! ;)
Just out of curiosity, what did you think of my attempt at the Dokken part?

No you didnt ;)

I could easily pull off the Dokken lines, just make the song a 3 singer job.
I approached everyone after it was decided that we will find a replacement singer for the Dio/DuBrow lines because yours weren't cutting it :p But you came thru with the DuBrow/Bloom lines.

Honestly, I wont have anyone but Max do Dokken because it requires a clean voice and it needs to be sung very well.

Pretty good actually!
You got the right amount of "throat" in to the sound, but still far from Dokken! ;)

Honestly, I wont have anyone but Max do Dokken because it requires a clean voice and it needs to be sung very well.

Yeah, it requires a clean voice, allot of pressure and the skill to end the lines with that nasally vibrato Dokken does.
I have a perfect singer that could do this part better then anyone, but i dont have the gear or space to record him.

I approached everyone after it was decided that we will find a replacement singer for the Dio/DuBrow lines because yours weren't cutting it :p But you came thru with the DuBrow/Bloom lines.

I'm going to send them too you anyway ....lol

gonna do mine tomorrow night after I finish Rainbow's retracking..

-P