Dio Tribute "We're Stars" Song Discussion

downloaded the scratch tracks. some wierd thing going on with the riff progression from the very beginning - is it supposed to be so? A > F > F > G is played instead of A > F > G > A
nothing bad in alternative one, but feels too different from the original "rock anthem" feel.

^ what he said, it should be (we're a 1/2 step down) G# > E > F# > G# and it shifts to palm muted F# in the drum fill before the verse starts. You're missing a chord in the verse, it's F in the drum fill before the 2nd half of the verse. I think you should listen to the original and make some notes of little things like these which make a big difference in the overall feel of the song.

I don't want to sound like an asshole but there should be a 100% improvement in the final vocals in comparison to the scratch vocals, because the scratch vocals are not impressive.

Please don't take this personally! My intention is to do the best possible tribute that truly does justice to the original.

Tried to download last night and IE said it was unavailable.. I shall try again today after work.

-P

Paulie!: You'd better do this thing right! If you fuck up Dokken's part i will kick your ass back to hell. >;/

Kinda bummed I missed out on this. I would've loved to throw a solo in.

BUT

The first thing I thought about after getting over the fact that Dio had died was "Who's going to cry for the children now?"

Dude, if I fucked up the Dokken vox I wouldn't even post them... I would quietly remove myself from this forum..

-P

oh come on man.. I wanted to hear the Shortino takes!

EDIT: I really should read the whole thread and respond to everybody in one post... oh well!

I'm doing this shit tonight... just let me find my fedora :D :headbang:

-P

The click isnt lining up at all on this for some odd reason.

I also am not hearing the timing on the clean part. Starting to think I am wasting my time with this. Nothing I seem to do is right on this. Dunno WTF ... i guess I just suck

Ok so after a miserable day at work and struggling for 20 minutes cause I imported the MP3 into the wrong session ....lol

Here is the new scratch guitars and vocals. I haven't layed any solos yet cause I need to work some things out.

Fucking total brain fart week for me the last 2 days. Way too much shit going on ....

http://www.backstagemetal.com/uploads/Stars/stars_scratch.mp3

The playing still needs some cleaning up but its good enough to track to I think. I have some editing to do still but wanted to get this up so the rest of you can work on it.

Also posted it in the OP

Well.. I found my fedora, not sure if it helped too much though haha..

The Shortino Test: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2221479/Paulies shortino test.wav
Sounds good buddy! But the vocal processing is... strange?

The click isnt lining up at all on this for some odd reason.

I also am not hearing the timing on the clean part.
I think the first 13 bars in the mp3 are 140bpm and the rest is 108bpm, I forgot to leave a couple of bars of breathing space... just shift the track a couple of bars down.

Here is the new scratch guitars and vocals. I haven't layed any solos yet cause I need to work some things out.

The playing still needs some cleaning up but its good enough to track to I think. I have some editing to do still but wanted to get this up so the rest of you can work on it.
The rhythm guitars sound great! A little bit of editing here n there but like I said, great! The vocals are sounding better too.

My friend, you definitely don't suck :)