Do girls dig guys with long hair?

Hey, stiff where it counts :lol: That testosterone is what also makes you aggressive, as males, and in part, the reason why there are so many male pogos on the floor :)

Some dance because they're happy and others headbang. Whatever floats your boat. That's all some girls do when they hear music - dance. Maybe it's in their genes. :rolleyes: I don't know. I never felt like joining in though. I always felt like if I did, I'd miss out on watching the band because I was too busy dancing.

Long hair? I think it's sexy. :err: Not reeking like an anus and being maintained to a degree is a must if you're even going to bother though. I don't see many guys AT ALL with long hair where I'm from. When I do I'm a little shocked for a minute. It's rare in the area I play in.

"Face of Melinda neath blackened hair."

Well, I see it this way, I know what the band looks like, so I don't have to constantly keep an eye on them. I love going to a concert and having a totol experience, which includes dancing, imo. Since metal is emotional in nature, when I dance at a metal concert, it's as close to a true religious experience as I'm gonna get. I love moshing, but I do stop and check out the band at times.

i see it as i rock out to the music everyday by just listening to the cd. when i go to a concert i want to watch the band. i love watching them play their insterments and stuff. if i didnt look at the band, it would just be like a had the cd on (just really really loud). :)

Now when I say dance, I'm also including head banging, not pogoing exclusively. What a wonderful experience to head bang to a heavy metal beat or drum - eyes closed, mind transported to a different dimension, self literally sprouting wings and becoming something not human. Now it's another thing altogether when you have someone with LONG HAIR smacking you every two seconds...hehehehe.:lol:

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn
i see it as i rock out to the music everyday by just listening to the cd. when i go to a concert i want to watch the band. i love watching them play their insterments and stuff. if i didnt look at the band, it would just be like a had the cd on (just really really loud). :)
Exactly what I was getting at. Cool. I want to see them playing the notes. I want to see their expressions. I want to see the drummer going sick. I don't want to miss a minute of it.

:headbang:

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
I was just curious what the females here think about men with long hair. Does it bother you at all? Does it generally shy you away from meeting/approaching guys? Do you prefer men with long hair? If you prefer men with shorter hair, would you consider being in a relationship with a guy with long hair depending on the guy?

It's quite simple; Most girls (not all, but most) into metal,
like boys with long hair.... "Normal" girls don't like boys
with long hair. They think it is dirty and it looks ugly.
That's the general thing....

Personally I like hair in all shapes, colours and sizes >:eek:)
Some men look beautiful with their looong hair, and some
have the cutest hairstyles when it's short...

Like so many of the girls here have said before me; It
depends on the shape of the face etc :eek:) A really good
thing about the loooong hair (especially when it's black) is
that you just KNOW that the person is into heavy music! :eek:)

I think it's just a preference for girls. I know this one girl who I suspect only talks to me cause she likes my long hair so much. I think once I cut my hair I won't ever hear from her again.

It's interesting how the stereotypes get thrown all over the place. Since my family thinks I'm "abnormal" for listening to what I listen to, reading the books I read, and dressing the way I dress, and your definition of a normal girl is someone who doesn't like long hair, and I, for one, don't care for it, what would you consider me as?

Abnormally abnormal. :rolleyes: The reason I said normal girls don't like long hair is because the majority of the typical girls(high school) that I come into contact with do not like long hair. There are certainly acceptions. I wasn't using 'normal' as, well, normal. I meant normal as in the majority.

Then again, the majority aren't normal IMO. :p

The real question is, what is normal? This can open a whole new can of worms, but I would think that metalheads are more open-minded and musically aware than their "normal" (majority) counterparts. I see metalheads as more introspective, philosophical, and in some cases, SMARTER. I'm sure I've gone off base of the thread, but it was something I was thinking about when the normal/abnormal idea came up.

Originally posted by Jannet
It's interesting how the stereotypes get thrown all over the place. Since my family thinks I'm "abnormal" for listening to what I listen to, reading the books I read, and dressing the way I dress, and your definition of a normal girl is someone who doesn't like long hair, and I, for one, don't care for it, what would you consider me as?

C'mon, don't tell me girls who listen to pop like boys
with long black hair? I know this for a fact, cause I
have grown up around poploving people! Hehe...
I remember one time my friend got a boyfriend who
had hair down to his shoulders and my other friend
was like "Urgh, how disgusting!! It's ugly!" Hehe...

It all depends on the girl of course. All the girls that
I know who are not into metal don't like long hair.
It is stereotypical but it is also something that seems
to be the right thing. But as all other stereotypical
things there are exceptions :eek:)

This isn't a thread on what "normal" is, we've had
one of those before >:eek:P But I see what you mean :eek:)

Well, I guess we can turn it around and ask "do boys with long black "metal head" hair like britney listening girls?" I think it all boils down to the lifestyle of the other, not the hair. Metalheads like to stick with metalheads, pop with pop, and if we think about it, the hair is just part of the lifestyle, and since pop girls don't like metal (usually), they're not going to like the boy with the long hair who is associated with metal.

I'm sure I'm the only one...but I CAN'T STAND long hair on a man. I like my man clean shaven, short hair and the like. Long hair on a man looks quite dirty to me, no offense to any males who have the long hair. And also, it's always falling out, popping up in the most unlikely places. My friend's boyfriend has long blonde hair, and his strands are all over the place, they get stuck on his coat. Blagh. I have short hair, and I like my men with short hair. And besides, short hair is much more respectable looking and you get better jobs, unless you're a musician.

Long hair looks as dirty as short hair does.. if one's dirty..
Anyway anyone can have short hair.. but it takes a lot of time and care to have long hair.. and long hair looks and feels great..
Hair is not respectable.. ppl are respectable.. ppl respecting hair and not other ppl are really jerks.. moreover u get better jobs if u have better qualifications, not shorter hair.. if this is the case, your boss is another jerk :)

Hair is not respectable.. ppl are respectable.. ppl respecting hair and not other ppl are really jerks

Well, tell that to any business-minded individual. Go for a job interview and see who gets picked: the person with qualifications and short, trimmed hair or the person with qualifications and long hair. My metalhead friend is thinking about cutting his hair because he can't get a job other than a journalist, reason being BECAUSE of his hair. He was told directly. You may think people are jerks, but your qualifications come second at a job interview. It's sad but true, but putting long hair to the side, if you don't look decent, you won't get the job, simple as that. There aren't too many CEO's with long "head-banging" hair.

well.. i don't know if i change my mind later.. but right now i love my hair and have made a lot of sacrifices for them to be the way they are (not very long).. and wouldn't have a haircut for ANYONE! i don't think i'll starve to death if some asshole doesn't want me to work for him because of the hair or piercings or tattoos or whatever.. i've been through it before.. at home.. in school.. i don't really care.. life's for my own to live my own way :cool:

Well, tell that to any business-minded individual. Go for a job interview and see who gets picked: the person with qualifications and short, trimmed hair or the person with qualifications and long hair.

I've managed to be successful with long hair. My clients have included Hitachi, BP / Amaco, Arrow and Southern Electric, none of whom have had a thing to say about my hair. I do know that the hair thing can be seen as a disadvantage, but use other things in a job interview instead.

Read up on body language and use it to good effect.

Always look 'em right in the eye when you answer questions.

Do some research on the company and ask them some good questions.

Wear a good suit and make sure your shoes are immaculate.

If you're shy, go into "actor" mode and try and be as personable as possible without going over the top. You won't embarrass yourself. Try and remember that the person doing the interview stands between you and a job.

If you sit well, look attentive and well turned out you're already at an advantage, long hair or not. I would advise cutting the hair on the back of your neck though, as this doesn't fit in a hairband and generally goes crazy at the wrong time.

I'm sorry if this is all basically common sense, but since my contracts usually last 4 months max I have to go to a lot of interviews, and I rarely fail. This means that others aren't doing all of the above.

Lee B

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
i hope that girls digging guys with long hair is a myth as i just shaved my head:cry:

Not that that was much of a stretch, folks. He had about a mm's worth of hair anyway,(no he's not going bald... he just always keeps his hair almost completely shaven. Now he's just gone the whole Stone Cold Steve Austin route.).:rolleyes: