Do your parents like Bodom?

Exactly the same with everybody I know. They do kinda like the music, but hates when he sings :erk:
I agree with you , and i have to confess that alexi vocals did`t like me so much at first , but after lisent a lot of song they start to like me very much!
But yeah , a lot of people likes the instrumental thing in cob, but not the voice thing...

Like a lot of people already said, my mother thinks musically they are very talented, but she can't stand the screaming vocals. I love the vocals, perfect expression of passionate fury. :)

My parents don't really dig Bodom. My dad, though, he said they've got some 'pretty nice tunes for metal music' and my mum agreed on the fact Henkka doesn't quite look like a Gemini. It's one step forward, anyhow. ^^

...how do you look like an astrological sign?
Well, strange enough, but you can. Now, if I started explaining the whole phenomenon (which isn't quite a phenomenon, in fact, it's just an assumption, fully based on intuition and on looooots of imagination, I guess) it would be not only a huge off-topic, but also something that many would see as a bunch of crap. :p
The main point, though, was the fact my mum gave the slightest damn about the band. Which is great, 'cause she usually has no clue about the stuff I listen to.

To get partially back on-topic, my cousin is totally into Children of Bodom, more than me, actually, but I'm the one who introduced her to their music, so hah. :cool:

No.
My Dad was a Metalhead in the 80's, but he doesn't listen to the new stuff. Saxon, Whitesnake, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin... The good old stuff.
None of the modern stuff though. :p
The closest my mum ever got to Metal was AC/DC but she hated them as soon as she loved them. :p

my dad likes it, and other metal bands 2, we are going to see lamb of god, slipknot, mastodon, machine headand metallica lol!My dad is the best!

Yesterday my dad said that he really likes the music and Alexis voice is pretty cool! But my mum, ha ha.. Well, she said ''I don't like AARHG music. (alludes to the way Alexi screams). I don't think he has a so-called AARHG-voice, I can without problems hear what he's singing.

lol, my parents despise my metal, especially CoB. My mum is into stuff like Robbie Williams and Dido:yuk: and my dad is into like Crowded House and George Harrison. Whenever I have my CoB collection blasting my mum comes in and says "It's just crap; they're singing about just death and violence!"

@rebornfortheHateCrew: I agree, Alexi is easy to understand; a lot easier than deathgrind acts like CC; though I can usually understand them too.

That´s kind of funny. I always guessed that my mum is an alien. She´s very into metal. And she also likes the "singing". One day she stated:
"Hach, he´s doin´ a good job with the screaming thing. But why? He could be so cute, if he wouldn´t."
I told her, that she gave the answer herself, why he´s doing it. :heh: Kind of obvious, huh? ;-)

My dad is cool with them too. "Are they doin´ loud and good stuff?" - "Yup." - "Good, when will we go to a concert to see them live?" - That´s my father, very easy going.