Does your girlfriend/wife listen to Metal?

Do you have a girlfriend/wife that regularly listens to metal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
I have has two girlfriend's who liked metal to some degree, one who listened to stuff I gave her and enjoyed some of it and one who was an honest-to-god metal fan

also mort you worry me

No really, take a look at your own post up there almost at the top of this page. You say your gf like a couple metal-ish songs but that's enough for you. What the fuck? Where do you come in here? Would you dump her if she started GETTING INTO METAL OMG and gain more "knowledge" about it than you do? I mean, what if she suddenly found grindcore covers funny instead of offensive? Seriously, it's just music. You don't have to act so tough about it.
Wtf. No one on page 3 (including V5) implied any of that. Where the fuck are you getting this?

You are completely projecting your own meaning onto V5's words. "that's mainly enough" or whatever didn't mean what you think it did.

I'm exaggerating, and you're contradicting yourself with the "she listens to some but that's mainly enough" followed "it would be weird if she got into it but i wouldn't care in the long run", unless you mean that you have made her listen to some but she wasn't that interested so you stopped bothering, as opposed to telling her "stop there woman, i can't handle you listening to any more METAL" in which case you are free to walk out of my "stuck up metal wannabe elitists go here" booth and exclude yourself from all the "you people"s I have made in this tread as it is clearly not directed at you. All that, in one sentence.

I've found some bands that she likes who are somewhat more poppy which I also like (Raunchy, It Dies Today, etc.), but I don't try to show her any more or get her into it because I don't really care and it doesn't concern me that she doesn't listen to what I listen to. I don't believe that musical compatibility is necessary for love at all. I don't really understand where you're getting this notion that my "metalness" is so sacred that I couldn't bear having a girlfriend who knows more about metal than I do...what does that even have to do with this? All I mean by those "contradictory" statements is that there are like 5 bands we both like and it doesn't really fucking bother me that she likes other music than I do.

Anyway I frankly find it nigh-insulting that you are insinuating that I can't bear people I have relations with to care about metal. I consider myself one of the most logical, fair, and balanced people here in terms of understanding other points of view on various things, so it's odd that you would call me out on something so random.

Hypothetically speaking if she were to get big into Devourment, I think that'd be pretty fucking cool. Hell, if she really started getting into slam, I'd let her join Slam-Minded with CC and I and start editing it. But she won't, and that is fine with me. I love her anyway and...yeah I really just don't think you could be anymore wrong/off here. Sorry.

BTW, the meaning of "mainly enough" in my post is analogically akin to saying something like "Well I would have liked 100 dollars but $86.50 is mainly enough for me." It implies that I am taking what I get on faith that it's better than nothing in that there is always the chance nothing could have existed by luck/whatever.

Maybe you shouldn't get so defensive then next time someone talks to a group that you clearly don't belong in. The "mainly enough for me" can be interpreted many ways, and when you start insta-defending yourself of course it gives me the impression that you're on the same level as Alter and those people. Relax man, internets, serious business.

Wtf. No one on page 3 (including V5) implied any of that. Where the fuck are you getting this?

You are completely projecting your own meaning onto V5's words. "that's mainly enough" or whatever didn't mean what you think it did.

No but "im never getting a metalhead girl again because they are slutty" which you wrote is pretty clear isn't it?

Currently single, my Ex-Girlfriend didn't really like music, but the little bit she did occasionally listen to was metal.

I think I'd need some musical common ground to date a girl, not necessarily metal. Should be pretty easy for me since I'm very musically open minded, so I could basically date anyone who listened to more than popular garbage. If I ever get married her being into, or at least tolerating metal would be helpful so I could blast it without pissing her off.

Maybe you shouldn't get so defensive then next time someone talks to a group that you clearly don't belong in. The "mainly enough for me" can be interpreted many ways, and when you start insta-defending yourself of course it gives me the impression that you're on the same level as Alter and those people. Relax man, internets, serious business.

I could say the exact same thing to you actually. Also the incriminated and falsely accused have every right to defend themselves and turn bystanders away from believing in warped views of themselves by other parties and I think this holds true here; I wasn't being more defensive than was required for the situation. I had the right to explain myself, I did, you don't like it and have no more points so you copped out. Carry on then.