Dreams

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
I survived highschool by sleeping with my eyes open.

haha yeah me too. in my english classes when we'd go around the room taking turns reading aloud from our literature books, i'd be sitting there reading, following along, and start to drift into a dream with my eyes open. then the words on the page would change into whatever i was dreaming about haha. still managed to snap myself out of it and find my place when it was my turn:p

last night/this morning:

running a team marathon with the band and various other friends, and beating the shit out of some very young hip and in shape people (none of us are not in shape, unless you count round and human-stick as shapes).

trying to score with a 16 year old chick by showing her steven segal movies.

finding a lizard in my apartment, picking him and putting him outside. he tried to get in again and i said NOWAY.

friend horking all over my apartment floor, so another said "in honor of this i'm going to pour this beer on the floor right next to you." this could actually really happen.

being in vegas. having lots of money. acting weird.

normally that would be a huge WTF!??! but my guitarist had this dvd in his garage last night and we kept making fun of it:

B000A5043S.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

hahahahahha what a putz.

Anybody ever have lucid dreams? I've had only two and I've even tried techniques to make them happen more often though they haven't worked. Both times it's happened I've lost lucidity but the first time I was actually able to control the dream for a minute. What triggered it the first time was that I saw flying cars in the dream and said to myself "Wait, there are no fucking flying cars" and suddenly I realized it was a dream but didn't wake up. I figured it wouldn't last so I made some hot chick appear next to me and start blowing me and soon lost lucidity. I can't remember the second time very well, I remember I became lucid (though I don't remember what triggered it) but I soon lost it and was dreaming normally again.

I got it to work once. As i was lyin in bed i kept repeating to myself out loud and in my head "is this real? is this actually happening? where am i? can i control what i'm doing?"

then in my dream i did that by pure chance, then started being able to control it for a few minutes. except i kept zooming around to different places in this motion-blurring effect thing, but the places were where i wanted to go, and i knew i was dreaming. never got it to work again, but it was fun and in retrospect i shoulda gone to a place with lots of hot naked chicks :erk:

what you're referring to is known as "lucid dreaming", and it's possible to train yourself to do it...the first step is to start remembering your dreams, and a way that actually works for me is when you're in bed, before you fall asleep, repeat to yourself "i'm going to fall asleep and when i wake up i'm gonna remember my dreams"....the problem is i didn't get in the habit of doing that...but when i do do it most of the time i remember! crazy...

I've read some books and articles on lucid dreaming and tried many of the techniques. I think the one most likely to work is asking yourself if you're dreaming as you do something while awake that you often dream about in the hopes that you'll ask yourself the same thing while dreaming in that situation. For example, every time you look at a clock, ask yourself if you're dreaming.

I've actually been a practitioner of Lucid Dreaming for awhile now. Yeah, the best way for a beginner is definitely logging dreams. Mine started out coinicidentally though. Thanks to genetics I inherited sleep paralysis from my father and that brought about the initial interest of such. It's cool stuff but it takes time and dedication.

Only time I remember lucid dreaming was when I was a young kid, when suddenly everything in my dream seemed a little strange (even for a dream), and so I went around asking all the characters in my dream if I was dreaming. None of them answered, so I started freaking out and yelling at everyone to wake me up.

Justright now I dreamt that I, Erik, Tully and various ole pals of mine were gangsters 1930s style and megafekkin kool and were in a huge war with other gangs.. only we were about 9-10 years old and the guns were toys and shit but people got killed and stuff anyway and it was very very detailed and my younger brother was the boss of our gang and it all ended with a 'scene' where me, erik and tully had more or less eliminated all other gangs in a kickass killing spree but took some blows ourselves, and we were lying in hospital beds drinking some fancy shit and celebrating and fekkin killer dream woo!

I was at a mate's place last night and apparently I woke up in the middle of the night with a bloodcurdling (but still very manly) scream, then started talking about shit falling on me, same as the rock wall dream I mentioned before. He told me there was nothing falling on me and I fell straight back to sleep.

Odd.

I had a dream that Kill Tully and myself were on a stage verbally fighting. There was a crowd watching us. I was sober, but pissed and he was pissed and, well, pissed. Towards the end he just fainted and fell off the stage which was roughly 5 feet tall. I remember thinking that he had punctured his liver (wtf?). After that, I went down and in a fireman's carry, I carried him to a hospital.

This dream happened. I'm dead fucking serious. :erk:

i had a dream i drank 4 pints of guiness, got a little high, and then watched boingo dvds.

oh wait that really happened.

Furious B said:
I had a dream that Kill Tully and myself were on a stage verbally fighting. There was a crowd watching us. I was sober, but pissed and he was pissed and, well, pissed. Towards the end he just fainted and fell off the stage which was roughly 5 feet tall. I remember thinking that he had punctured his liver (wtf?). After that, I went down and in a fireman's carry, I carried him to a hospital.

This dream happened. I'm dead fucking serious. :erk:
somewhat reminds me of a dream i had where i had to go onstage with some band in 5 minutes and i didn't know the songs at all and i was freaking out...i guess that's the musician's variant of the classic "going to school naked" dream :loco:

okay i just remembered my dream from last night:

was reading a song by song review for the new clutch album and the dude gave burning beard a -12 out of 10. gay.