GMD Poll: Darkthrone's Discography Ranked

:lol: far more than just some Amebix in there, and i think its pretty obvious and clear tbh. For example that first track i posted would fit right on any of those Darkthrone albums. Anyway, Fenriz himself wouldn't/didnt even argue with the fact that they are indeed crusty.

im not even going to bother with you on the metalcore stuff, i think you're just plain wrong.

Anyway, Fenriz himself wouldn't/didnt even argue with the fact that they are indeed crusty.

I'm not denying that Amebix played some role in the sounds of those 3 albums, but I also think referring to those albums as "crust" is stretching the influence further than it can go. In that way "punkthrone" makes more sense than "crust" because Fenriz has stated numerous times that he takes influences from bands like Puke, Septic Death and Rudimentary Peni.

Fenriz regarding Fuck Off and Die:

Q: Speaking of punk, could you list a couple of the punk bands that have influenced you for our readers?

A: POISON IDEA is the only thing I hear ON THIS ALBUM. MOTORHEAD is the best example of punk and metal coming together, so of course we are inspired by them. I hear some AMEBIX in one of Ted's vocal performances on this album. I am also a big fan of the vocalist of PUKE (Swedish punk band from the mid-80s) but I just can't sing like him. Best band to mix punk and metal nowadays are probably BLÜDWÜLF.

Fenriz regarding The Underground Resistance:

Q: Bacause of my background, I have always perceived hints of Amebix’s crust punk/proto-doom (obviously both Darkthrone and Amebix share Motörhead and Black Sabbath amongst their early influences) and even lyrical themes in Ted’s tracks, but the brand new (and splendid!) Dead Earlymade my heart skip a beat because on that track in particular Ted’s vocals are incredibly similar to the (now twice-disbanded) Amebix singer’s, The Baron. You probably don’t know if Ted is a fan, but does their early discography appear in your collection?

A: Nah, I’m not an AVID fan and both Ted and me probably only heard the most MUST HAVE stuff by Amebix, but I really like my ARISE! album. I like LARGACTYL a lot, and the sound in general is original like other bands I like from the 80s in punk styles, I often dig the ones that stand out a bit like that. Also the SEPTIC DEATH album and CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER and RUDIMENTARY PENI and so on. But I think Ted definitely just DOES VOCALS and especially after he finally writes his own lyrics the vocals have even more magic power.

Fenriz regarding Circle the Wagons (and albums before it generally):

Q: To wrap up, I notice a lot of similarities between Darkthrone’s current sound with crust punk. How did you first come into contact with crust punk and what about it grabs your attention?

A: I liked punk since 1986, and I mean all kinds of punk. From the Sonics to Dead Kennedys, the Saints to the Ramones and from Beyond Possession to Septic Death. There's almost no crust left in our sound now. As you can see in our influences list we are basically just influenced by Asta Kask, Puke and Deathside from Japan. Since the ‘80s, crust has been blown out of proportion – a lot of it being more metal than metal itself. Every fad must be revolted against. It's the punk thing to do.

Also this one I just found now:

Q: What was the inspiration behind Darkthrone’s heavy metal crust funk era with records such as ‘F.O.A.D’ and ‘Circle The Wagons’?

A: Haha, you wrote FUNK. There is to be no slapping of the bass!!! haha! It’s not much punk on them, analytically. People are just easily taken. Like with a blaze in the northern sky which they always thought was black metal but there are only 3 pure black metal tracks on it, the rest is a mix of black and death because of time limit, booked studio, not having enough time to switch from death metal to black metal. Have a black metal album cover and BOOM everyone thinks its pure black. Which it isn’t. The world and people’s brains are a strange destination indeed.

http://metalwani.com/2016/10/interview-darkthrones-fenriz-on-arctic-thunder.html

ummm, thank you?

No one refers to them as CRUST albums. Not a single person. So please dont bring that up here when i clearly pointed that same thing out in my first response. Secondly, they themselves have not denied the "crustiness" that was a part of those albums. As my quote from earlier from Fenriz' interview indicated and even some of your quotes did. Again, thanks.

edit: so that last quote, are you now saying there's no punk to their sound either? Are you flip-flopping your own statements again? :lol:

and what's even funnier is how they say "PUNK" in some of those quotes posted, but that last one was like "nah not punk" :lol:

*EDIT: Also, who the fuck is talking about The Underground Resistance here? Damn, you're just all over the place like some loose whore. You have nothing for me here, absolutely nothing. If anything like i said all you did is help me with what i was saying and slap yourself in the face regarding your initial statement of how its retarded for people to refer to their albums as crusty.

Last edited:
and lol @ "they say they didnt like Amebix that much so that means i dont hear amebix in there. That's my proof. Even though he also seems to LOVES Arise!" :lol: what a nitwit

anyway, im 90% sure you didnt even know who the fuck Amebix were until today or . You do you brah, you poser faggot.

did you really just edit the "no" and "can"? :lol:

Anyway, annihilation complete. You can run along now.

Stop-Posting.gif~c200

oh the irony here. Truly amazing.

anyway, ....
Because sometimes I got the feeling the "crust" label was used with the previous 3 albums simply due to the cover art but surely people aren't that retarded.

I think we can now both agree that your retardation was pretty much proven with that post. No?

And again, no one really uses crust to describe their last two albums

Last edited:
The true core of stupidity here is that you're accusing me of contradicting myself when all I've done is quote statements made by Fenriz in interviews.

Someone as aggressively cocky as you are shouldn't be this dense.

far more than just some Amebix in there, and i think its pretty obvious and clear tbh.

Not according to Fenriz. Some Amebix seems to be an accurate assessment.

Anyway, Fenriz himself wouldn't/didnt even argue with the fact that they are indeed crusty.
Fenriz on the "punkthrone" trilogy said:
POISON IDEA is the only thing I hear ON THIS (F.O.A.D.) ALBUM. I hear some AMEBIX in one of Ted's vocal performances on this album.

It’s not much punk on them, analytically. People are just easily taken.

There's almost no crust left in our sound now.

None of this says or even implies what you think is being said or implied:
edit: so that last quote, are you now saying there's no punk to their sound either? Are you flip-flopping your own statements again? :lol:

and what's even funnier is how they say "PUNK" in some of those quotes posted, but that last one was like "nah not punk" :lol:

and lol @ "they say they didnt like Amebix that much so that means i dont hear amebix in there. That's my proof. Even though he also seems to LOVES Arise!" :lol: what a nitwit

I didn't say I don't hear any Amebix in the "punkthrone" albums, why would you even say such a thing when on this very page I can just scroll up and show you exactly what I said? Sometimes you're so stupid I think maybe you're trolling me to get your GMD argument fix. This is exactly what I said:
I'm not denying that Amebix played some role in the sounds of those 3 albums, but I also think referring to those albums as "crust" is stretching the influence further than it can go. In that way "punkthrone" makes more sense than "crust" because Fenriz has stated numerous times that he takes influences from bands like Puke, Septic Death and Rudimentary Peni.

Anyway, annihilation complete. You can run along now.

Adam-DeVines-Sarcastic-Yeah-Thats-Funny-Bird-Flip-On-Workaholics.gif

do you need to me to quote your initial statement again? Can you possibly be in any more denial? You do this all the time, talk about things you evidently know nothing about and then when someone points out the facts to you, you go off flip-flopping all over the place. What part of your moronic response even indicated that there isnt a lot of "amebix in there sound" which is what i guessing is you were trying to argue? Him saying they werent huge fans? Is that how your brain draws and connects lines, you fucking simp? Or better yet, which part of ANY of your posts indicates that those albums(and again, not the last two you blind/deaf moron) were not crusty? And since your level of idiocy is on an unmatched level, im going to have to point this out again and say that DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE/WERE A CRUST BAND

I got the feeling the "crust" label was used with the previous 3 albums simply due to the cover art but surely people aren't that retarded.
Like i said, your retardation confirmed. But go ahead, cry all over the place just because you cant simply fucking admit that you are wrong and say "yes, they do have crust elements to their music" and yes "their crusty period sure in the hell sounds a lot like Amebix"

tbh, that's some quote worthy shit right there :lol:

and btw, again i love how you showcased your simplicity with ..."these are the bands that inspired them, so clearly they should be labeled after them." :lol: really? oh dear gods. So what do we call Metallica, surely not thrash 'mirite? :lol:

and btw crust is a form of punk, so it makes that statement even more ridiculous. Lol, what a fucking joke you can be at times.

I said it was just a feeling, one that I didn't want to even believe.
oh is that what you were saying? O OK