GMD Poll: Iron Maiden Albums Ranked

I never really looked into their 90s albums and haven't heard The Final Frontier at all. I might edit this before the deadline
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Iron_Maiden/The_Final_Frontier/276114
1. Powerslave
2. Somewhere in Time
3. Piece of Mind
4. Killers
5. Iron Maiden
6. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
7. Brave New World
8. The Number of the Beast
9. A Matter of Life and Death
10. The Book of Souls
11. Dance of Death
12. The Final Frontier
13. Fear of the Dark
14. No Prayer for the Dying
15. The X Factor
16. Virtual XI

Last edited:
People rating Iron Maiden high are probably prone to idealizing first works and S/Ts. Iron Maiden was incredibly unpolished, and not in the admirably "raw" way one may describe thrash albums. It almost wasn't even metal. The Led Zeppelin imitation is obvious.

People rating Iron Maiden high are probably prone to idealizing first works and S/Ts. Iron Maiden was incredibly unpolished, and not in the admirably "raw" way one may describe thrash albums. It almost wasn't even metal. The Led Zeppelin imitation is obvious.

Maybe you should stay in the social forum.

Just remember Dak is literally a groove metal guy.

View attachment 10333

That's funny because most groove metal is more interesting than black metal

Maybe you should stay in the social forum.

Lol, he has better taste than most in this section. He needs to stay.

The self titled, Fillers and Number of the Beast have not aged well. They are in the bottom 25% of Maiden album imo

Last edited:
I don't think the album is arguably the best, but Where Eagles Dare is every bit as good of a song as the movie is good.

I can't tell if this is an insult because you dislike the movie or a compliment.

That's funny because most groove metal is more interesting than black metal

More interesting? In what fucking way? It's groove metal, there is next to nothing interesting about it. Catchy? Sure. Fun? Sure. Interesting? :rofl:

I can't tell if this is an insult because you dislike the movie or a compliment.

More interesting? In what fucking way? It's groove metal, there is next to nothing interesting about it. Catchy? Sure. Fun? Sure. Interesting? :rofl:

Tell me what you find interesting about black metal and compare it to what you fund uninteresting about groove metal.

My list. Come at my bros. The first two could be interchanged to me.

1) Seventh Son of Seventh Son
2) Somewhere in Time
3) Powerslave
4) Brave New World
5) Piece of Mind
6) The Book of Souls
7) A Matter of Life and Death
8) No Prayer for the Dying
9) Fear of the Dark
10) Dance of Death
11) The Final Frontier
12) Number of the Beast
13) Iron Maiden
14) Killers
15) The X Factor
16) Virtual XI

Putting their first two albums that low is fucking retarded, it's like you're just trying to be edgy or something.
But honestly I personally don't mind that list, all the important albums to me are up high so fuck yeah.

I find the fact that more hooks and better riffs existing to be more 'interesting' than tremolo picking the same 4 notes for 4 minutes.

Black metal isn't limited to tremolo picking the same 4 notes for 4 minutes.

Putting their first two albums that low is fucking retarded, it's like you're just trying to be edgy or something.
But honestly I personally don't mind that list, all the important albums to me are up high so fuck yeah.

Black metal isn't limited to tremolo picking the same 4 notes for 4 minutes.

I had the self titled at #3 for a long time. It has lost its charm over the years.

And that's a big part of black metal even though I like it.

"I don't really have an argument against groove metal being less interesting than black metal, so I'm going to say you have an unreasonable argument and act like I won"