11. Fear of the Dark
12. The Final Frontier
13. Dance of Death

C:
14. Killers

D:
15. X Factor
16. Virtual IX

You mean to tell me that you actually believe that Killers is worse than Dance of Death, A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier? As much as I really disagree with the idea of Number of the Beast and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son being among their best, that's probably even more ridiculous.

You mean to tell me that you actually believe that Killers is worse than Dance of Death, A Matter of Life and Death and The Final Frontier? As much as I really disagree with the idea of Number of the Beast and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son being among their best, that's probably even more ridiculous.

It's not surprising at all. Killers is mostly B-Sides that didn't make the debut and it sounds like it. While "Ides of March" and "Genghis Kahn" are epic as fuck and the title track is quite strong, the rest is pretty mediocre. There at least four tracks that I dislike enough that I'm either skipping them or waiting for them to be over.

A Matter of Life and Death is strong, though like all modern Maiden albums, overlong. There's not a weak track on it and the first two tracks are phenomenal. Dance of Death and The Final Frontier are a less consistent, but there aren't any tracks that I straight up dislike. If I have to make the choice to sit down and listen to one of those two from start to finish or Killers, I'm definitely picking the former.

I had the first few albums when they came out ( no pun intended ) and the album called ` the number of the beast ` was good at the time, I liked the Em chord progression at the beginning of the song called `children of the damned `. If I remember, and I may be wrong, the next album was called ` piece of mind` and I enjoyed that album also. I went to see them on that tour and it was entertaining enough. However it all went a bit pear shaped after that, and I didn't buy any more. I think they only included Janik Gers, or hows it spelled?, because they wanted to be linked with Gillan and then to Ritchie Blackmore, but who can blame them for that? Ritchie Blackmore is one of the best entertainers and guitarists ever. Ozzy warned Sharon about taking Maiden with them on the Ozzfest tour, and Dickinsons subsequent behaviour and also comments on television lead to them being egged off stage, many people turned up with eggs that night. Anyway, they were good so long ago.

Last edited:
#16 Virtual XI (1998)

395.jpg

Average points per vote: 2/16

Blaze Bayley era Maiden > Paul DiAnno era Iron Maiden

Worst opinion ever.

Anyone that doesn't place Virtual XI at the very bottom of their discography is deaf, no exception.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
#14 The Final Frontier (2010)

276114.jpg

Average points per vote: 4.5/16

So I picked up my copy on the way home, first two songs bored me stupid.

And THEN... I got to Mother Of Mercy. HOLY SHIT. CLASSIC Adrian Smith riffs, and a fucking wicked Harris gallop with Nicko accentuating it all. VERY impressive!

Have moved onto Coming Home, a softer song, but with a GREAT opening riff. The Murray solo is just beautiful. Has a feel which takes you back to the first two albums!

So far, this is a record which warms up. MUCH better production work by Shirley & Harris on this one, it's clearer and fuller and Nicko has finally fixed his fucking awful snare sound of the last two records.

Is it mindblowing (so far)? No. But it IS a big step up.

#12 Dance of Death (2003)

d2dd18dd3008345f34b04046f7dd05cf.500x500x1.jpg

Average points per vote: 5.9/16

As I listened to Dance of Death the other day, I started to wonder what will happen to Maiden in the future... IMO DoD is a great album, especially for a band that has been around almost 30 years... so, what's next?

If you see the last four albums, there's a tendency to write better long epic songs and the rockers are not quite as solid as they used to be, in fact, they haven't written a great rocker since Fear of the Dark with be Quick or be Dead or From Here to Eternity, with the exception of Montsegur... so, I think Maiden should think about releasing a concept album, something kinda like Fates Warning's A Pleasant Shade of Grey, or something like that, based on a historical event...

Reactions: EspaDa
#11 No Prayer for the Dying (1990)

81.jpg

Average points per vote: 6.2/16

I don't consider either No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark bad, just a little weak for a band like Iron Maiden. No Prayer is actually pretty good, but obviously it's not as serious or epic-sounding as the early albums. I think "Tailgunner", "Holy Smoke", "No Prayer" and "Bring Your Daughter" are all great songs.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd