GMD Poll: Iron Maiden Albums Ranked

I love every single track except the instrumental, but I even don't hate that or anything, it just means I rate it as their 3rd best album.

I love Motörhead but it'd never work. I doubt half the people here have heard more than 3-4 of their albums.

Thoughts:

Motorhead
Megadeth
Slayer
Metallica
Immortal
Testament
Burzum
Darkthrone (I guess)

Bolt Thrower
Virgin Steele
Dark Tranquility
Abigor
Yngwie Malmsteen

Those are my suggestions.

For selfish reasons, the next one is gonna be Metallica. I'm gonna be traveling a lot and will have very little time for music listening. The time after that I'll have people vote.

Darkthrone would be fun, though I'll wager we all know what the top 3 would be.

I agree this would be an interesting one. The top three are a given, but the order I couldn't predict with confidence.

Death would be an easy one prolly

And interesting. There's a lot of disagreement on which album is their best.

Motorhead.

My sense is that it's too big of a discography (23 albums) and there are too few true followers. I doubt many people would be able to list half of those albums.

Reactions: CiG
Screen%20Shot%202017-06-26%20at%205.54.12%20PM_zpscym8amub.png

A comp of our rankings vs. other online rankings. Obviously, critics love Number of the Beast. Otherwise, nothing too unusual about our rankings, except we don't hate No Prayer for the Dying (it's amazing to me how low it is on most of these lists).

Breakdown of 1st place votes:

Piece of Mind- 4
Powerslave- 3
Somewhere in Time- 3
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son- 3
Iron Maiden- 2
Killers- 2
Brave New World- 2
The Number of the Beast- 1

It's a compliment to the band's strength and consistency that so many albums got 1st place votes. In contrast, only four Judas Priest albums got 1st place votes, with Sad Wings of Destiny getting 66% of them.

I'd participate in Motorhead, but it'd be tough. I've heard 20 of their albums but I only really like a few. Other crazy challenges would be Melvins or Mercyful Fate / King Diamond combined.

My suggestions:

Budgie
Overkill
Candlemass

I wasn't sure if less than 10 was enough. I don't think there's any disadvantage to comparing them all in one list. The results can still be split out into top MF albums and top KD albums afterwards.

I wasn't sure if less than 10 was enough. I don't think there's any disadvantage to comparing them all in one list. The results can still be split out into top MF albums and top KD albums afterwards.
Yeah, I guess you're right. Besides, we'd be knocking out two birds with one stone.

best ones in my opinion:
megadeth, metallica, immortal, burzum, darkthrone, death, bolt thrower, slough feg, candlemass, fate/diamond (i'd be happy to keep them together like that personally)

i think motorhead, virgin steele, dark tranquillity, abigor, yngwie, melvins, budgie and overkill might struggle for familiarity on this board - i mean, i've heard multiple albums by nearly all of those but i could only do DT with any comprehensiveness. same for scorpions post their 70s material.