GMD Poll: Saint Vitus's Discography Ranked

Yeah not big on it myself, but since you were paying I was making an exception.

Well there's couple I haven't even heard and couple I know very well. This won't take long though, depending on how much Saint Vitus I can take without getting bored.

hbb-style autistic track ratings incoming

saint vitus
the psychopath 5/5 – their definitive achievement. madness, horror and desolation. lead guitar clawing at the inside of your brain.
burial at sea 5/5 – their other definitive achievement. among the coolest metal lyrics, brought vividly to life.
saint vitus 5/5 – perfect. even the drums-only climax slays.
white magic/black magic 4.5/5 – sick bassline on the verses.
zombie hunger 3.5/5 – the way this drags like an undead limp is both perfectly unified with the concept and slightly unsatisfying.

hallows victim
war is our destiny 4/5 – could easily be a cover of a great motorhead or nwobhm tune.
the sadist 4/5 – seems to get overlooked but it has the album’s best hook.
mystic lady 4/5 – opening/bridging riff is weak unfortunately, might be the album highlight otherwise.
white stallions 3.5/5 – i think maybe these guys were on drugs just a hunch.
hallow’s victim 3.5/5 – full on speed metal number. basic but unstable enough to work.
just friends (empty love) 2/5 – and you guys thought ‘angel witch’ sounded friendzoned.
prayer for the (m)asses 2/5

born too late
born too late 4.5/5 – iconic.
the lost feeling 4/5 – few vocalists could make this song more insistent and taunting and convincing (although maybe reagers is one of them).
dying inside 4/5 – chorus + leads are fucking classic, plodding verses require patience.
H.A.A.G. 4/5 – not sure it completely works but i've grown to really like this one, a deliciously weird tune. one of the riffs is straight up discharge-level h/c.
the war starter 3/5 – vitus by numbers but solid.
clear windowpane 2/5 – they should’ve stuck with the coke.

zombie hunger 3.5/5 – the way this drags like an undead limp is both perfectly unified with the concept and slightly unsatisfying.

I used to go for nightwalks before I moved to where I am now, usually at this huge football oval after all the lights had been shut off and "Zombie Hunger" was always the track that slightly made me paranoid about the lack of lighting...

1. V
2. Born Too Late
3. Die Healing
4. Mournful Cries
5. Saint Vitus
6. Hallow's Victim
7. Lillie: F-65
8. C.O.D.

Bottom half of my list wasn't easy to separate. They're all decent albums.

It's stupid but that riff is so much fucking fun.

Also, I need to learn how to play the drums better so I can join a Saint Vitus cover band. I am basically the white version of Armando Acosta.

armando-acosta.jpg

one of my favorite bands. Hard to pick out my favorites because I like almost all albums

1. Born Too Late
2. Mournful Cries
3. Saint Vitus
4. Lillie F-65
5. Die Healing
6. V
7. Hallow's Victim
8. Children of Doom

Reactions: CiG
1. Saint Vitus
2. Die Healing
3. Hallow's Victim
4. Born too Late
5. Mournful Cries
6. Lillie: F-65
7. C.O.D.
8. V

Reactions: CiG
Well for me this is difficult to rate as I think the first one is really good and then it goes downhill and I can't really do more than two albums before getting bored. I'll post my WIP rating and if I can't get to it again then so be it. I won't go full autist with this band because as I said, it becomes quite tedious after a while. I would have to be drunk or something. Not that I dislike it or anything.

Saint Vitus Full-length 1984
Hallow's Victim Full-length 1985
Born Too Late Full-length 1986
Die Healing Full-length 1995
Mournful Cries Full-length 1988
Lillie: F-65 Full-length 2012
C.O.D. Full-length 1992
V Full-length 1990