GMD Poll: The Chasm's Discography Ranked

Haven't listened to all of their albums yet, although I've been thoroughly enjoying everything I've heard so far. Doubt I'll make the deadline though as I don't really wanna smash too much of their shit too soon and overdo it!

Yeah, some of it does kinda blend together. Would be silly for me to pass judgment on albums that I've heard once and may very well mistake for other albums.

I don't think they blend together at all. I mean there's not masses of differences in them either, but they're all identifiable in their own way. No one is mistaking Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm for From the Lost Years or Deathcult for Eternity, that's for sure.

Last edited:
With the exception of From the Lost Years which seems to be its own weird thing, there seems to be a pretty clear linear flow from debut to Spell. The basic riffing units change from album to album but the more trademark elements seem to be pretty well-shared, and by Spell I definitely felt like I was hearing things I had already heard multiple times before.

@crimsonfloyd

Any interest in doing a Rush poll for us? I don't know how many here would be interested but I would definitely participate.

I would like a stipulation where you have to rate one album from each decade so we don't get all 70s stuff in the Top 10.

Last edited:
@crimsonfloyd

Any interest in doing a Rush poll for us? I don't know how many here would be interested but I would definitely participate.

I would like a stipulation where you have to rate one album from each decade so we don't get all 70s stuff in the Top 10.

Totally down.

And heads up everyone, I’m closing this up in the next few days. Get in any last minute votes or revisions.

Reactions: CiG
1) Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
2) Procession to the Infraworld
3) Conjuration of a Spectral Empire
4) From the Lost Years
5) The Spell of Retribution
6) Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm
7) Procreation of the Inner Temple
8) A Conscious Creation From The Isolated Domain - Phase I

was planning to accompany this with some notes and i'll post those tomorrow or whatever, but i thought i'd better get this in before he closes it. ranking 4-6 was very difficult; farseeing would probably be 4th if i was voting with my head, but i went with my heart. top 3 can't be touched and i resent any suggestion that there's a weak song among them (aside from 'reveal the truth', and 'fading' is a bit of a throwaway i guess).