Iconoclast: News/Info Thread

iconoclast%20tshirt.jpg

^ this is most probably the new album cover. If that is the case, then I would describe it as "not bad".

UPDATED: New song up, pretty fucking sweet for a first time performing if I do say so myself :)

Things I noticed...

Sounds heavier on the keyes, at least the song 'End of Innocence' does anyways, song is approx 5:10 long. And its full of kick ass.

Can't wait to get my hands on the album later this year :)

I'm so very surprised that Nuclear Blast doesn't update symphony x's page... Ever it seems. They have everyone else, and their upcoming releases on their page. But not Iconoclast. All in due time I suppose, perhaps they will surprise us with some awesome announcement, probably a music video. Just saying....

Awesome song, Russell Allen sounds fantastic and yes...the return of keys.:headbang:

Damn straight :headbang:

UPDATES:
-End of Innocence Live in Stuttgart (First ever live performance)
-Some new photos
-Review of their live performance (all of the bands present on the tour)
-Removed a few of the videos, some of them where cool but not important. That includes the many Paradise Lose videos... upload something different people!

I dig the new song; definitely more Pinnella! Pretty heavy yet also melodic, and Russ sounds absolutely amazing! Parts of it remind me of Revelation a bit (the emotive chorus, some of the riffage). Good quality video/sound, too!

On another note, the photos on the Eyes of Medusa site are of incredible quality!

IMG_3696_resize.JPG

Looks like Romeo chipped his guitar!

IMG_3782_resize.jpg

Anyone know what he uses that little keyboard on the side for? I never noticed it before...

End of Innocence reminds me of something off V, like Fallen or Grand Design, but heavier. I'm loving that super clean chorus.

Triggering samples of choir passages has been the most common use.

Glenn

Interesting; thanks Glenn!

LOVING the vocals on the new song.

They are excellent! It seems that there's some harmonies in the chorus ("feel my pain" and "don't look away"), but it's hard to hear them live (you can see Pinnella and Lepond singing at one point). It's funny - Lepond actually misses one of his lines in the first chorus cause he's too busy ROCKING THE FUCK OUT! Anyway, I love the way Russ sings "calculate, anticipate your every move, beware the ruthless hearts of men" at the end of the first verse. So catchy!

Anyway, I still can't believe how much Pinnella is all over this song! I want to hear this album NOW!!!

Thanks proulxski for the updates.

The link to the Heavy Metal Mayhem interview didn't work for me. This one did:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/heavy-metal-mayhem/2011/02/20/heavy-metal-mayhem

I had to click pause and then play again after the buffer finished loading.

Russ starts around 38:30.

Russ' 7-month-old kid is fussing in the background, which I can identify with. Now my twins are 4 and love headbanging in their car seats listening to "Daddy Music" (e.g. Rediscovery pt. II) on the way home from the preschool. Is that wrong?